News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Differently descriptions for Welcome

Started by chipset66, November 25, 2006, 08:19:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipset66

Hi,
in bulgarian language is different description on the word Welcome, for wimin is one, for men is other. How I can change code on Welcome screen (and everywhere where is need) linked to sex on the users when they are registered?

Dannii

Unfortunately there is no easy way to change that (although I would like to change that in the future..) If you only need to change the one word 'Welcome' that can be done, but if there are many words that need to be changed that will be hard. Can you use a gender-less word instead? It doesn't need to be an exact translation of 'Welcome'.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

chipset66

Thank You for the answer.
Yes, I need to change "Welcome" for everibody who reserve their sex.
May be work some like that:
<select name="gender" size="1">
<option value="0"></option>
<option value="1"', ($context['member']['gender']['name'] == 'm' ? ' selected="selected"' : ''), '>', $txt[238], '</option>
<option value="2"', ($context['member']['gender']['name'] == 'f' ? ' selected="selected"' : ''), '>', $txt[239], '</option>

with correct settings on correct place... :-\

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

chipset66

1.1RC3

p.s. We have word like "Hi", and I use it, but "Welcome" is better ;)
This is no general problem, I just wish it.

Dannii

I'm going away sorry. If you haven't fixed it I'll help again in a week's time.

Advertisement: