can i make a site like simplemachines.org

Started by @2F4U, November 24, 2006, 02:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@2F4U

can i make a site like simplemachines.org, but i wanna make it for free , thanks

@2F4U

please can anyone tell my how can i make my own webste , free ! , can i ,

Jorin

What exactly do you mean? Do you ask for a free hoster? SMF still is free, so just download and install at your webspace.

@2F4U

man can iget the link to it please , but good link, must be working

thanks  :D

H

-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

kegobeer

"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Jacen

To make a site like that availible at simplemachines.org, you need to know HTML and PHP. This is not really something we can help you with. Both are complex  (but HTML is kinda easy to learn)
"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

@2F4U

i did , imean i download the SMF , now what should i do , i mean what should i do to make a website now ,

thanks , please help

Kindred

Do you have a host?   Does your host have mySQL and php?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kegobeer

Quote from: kegobeer on November 24, 2006, 04:06:47 PM
Read the online documentation.

Really, you should read the documentation.  There's a link at the top and everything.  You'd be surprised at what is in there.  It might even help you figure out what you need.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

Luke Beale

Quote from: @2F4U on November 25, 2006, 04:58:51 AM

i did , imean i download the SMF , now what should i do , i mean what should i do to make a website now ,

thanks , please help

You can try http://www.blisshost.net

@2F4U

Quote from: Luke Beale on November 25, 2006, 02:16:37 PM
Quote from: @2F4U on November 25, 2006, 04:58:51 AM

thanks , please help

You can try hxxp:www.blisshost.net [nonactive]

no man i mean i want a total site for example hxxp:www.mywebsitename.com [nonactive]

Dannii

Then buy a domain name. There are many domain name registras, so look around until you find one with a price you like.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Panzer-

Heres a quick run down

-SMF Forum Software is FREE
-Web hosting can be paid or free
-Domain names (www.()&#$.com) cost money.

Jacen

Free hosting is normally a bad choice. I have yet to see a free host that gives out quality service
"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

Luke Beale

Quote from: Jacen on November 27, 2006, 08:40:09 PM
Free hosting is normally a bad choice. I have yet to see a free host that gives out quality service

Yes but its a good way to get used to being a webmaster

Jacen

Being a webmaster and a webkiddy are different things.

Webmasters know how to use FTP

Advertisement: