News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMFChess

Started by feeble, November 26, 2006, 07:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

now it looks lot better. i really like this mod. Thank you very much again.

by the way, if you add admin to make moves in anygame he wants that would be so cool :)

lets say i am the admin and i am watching other 2 peoples match and i can make their moves if i want to :D

i donno if some thing like this feature would be easy to make, but it would make it really cool for admin... :) or maybe add this feature to permissions so we can make global moderators to have this permission too :)

PLAYBOY

another small thing is, i think we should be able to delete multiple matches at one time, cause the forums which has lots of members would need this feature for admin.

PLAYBOY

how about sending an automatic personal message when somebody invites you for a match? or you can add this as an option.

also, i have no idea how am i gonna custom the bar because chess doesnt even show as a blank on my theme bar. there is no any button for chess, eventhough its installed.

my theme is pdx http://www.padexx.lux-mundi.co.uk/ dark yellow

feeble

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 10, 2007, 10:45:09 AM
by the way, if you add admin to make moves in anygame he wants that would be so cool :)
Maybe in the future, but to be honest probably not. Sounds good in theory, but since it can be abused to readily, its not worth adding it in at present.

Quoteanother small thing is, i think we should be able to delete multiple matches at one time, cause the forums which has lots of members would need this feature for admin.
Currently at present its good enough, but your right something does need to be added thats more powerful. Ill look more into it after official release. Im looking into a maintenance system, such as purging finished games older then 30 days or removing game requests that are too old.

Quotealso, i have no idea how am i gonna custom the bar because chess doesnt even show as a blank on my theme bar. there is no any button for chess, eventhough its installed.
my theme is pdx http://www.padexx.lux-mundi.co.uk/ dark yellow
What do you mean by theme bar? you mean the top of your website where it shows a list of all your sites themes?

Also in saying that about PM, here is another update

Package is for 1.1.2.
If you installed the last package, you will need to uninstall that before going ahead with this version, I've kept the packages the same and version as well, to keep you from doing this.
Download here
Preview Here

Quick Changelog:
-PM's are sent on challenge, moves and undo requests. Current messages are just temps, and will change in the future
-Move History: Moves are now stored in table, so we have a working history for moves. Its slightly bloated with info atm, as im still working out what should be included.
-Undo requests: Made a bad move? ask your opponent if you can retake your move. Will be adding a system for conceding and deleting a game in the future.
-Fixed a few template issues.

PLAYBOY

thank you for your answers. i may want so many things. you are right. actually my top desire is on dynamic update now. because nobody plays the game unless dynamic update is there. because it takes hours for one match and thousand times of refreshing page.

when i said theme bar, i meant this...

how am i gonna add chess in there?

i know this is not your profession but just maybe you can help you know :)

TrueSatan

@ PLAYBOY

SMF Documentation is your friend...the general methodology for any addition of a nav bar button (and that's what you're asking about) is much the same so if you follow the example (from the SMF Documentation) given on this link for the Babylon and Classic themes you should soon get the hang of it.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=1032.msg2407#msg2407

feeble

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 11, 2007, 10:34:40 AM
when i said theme bar, i meant this...

how am i gonna add chess in there?

This mod edits a few template files which you will have to manually change to get it to show.

Ill be writing up the changes thats ive made to each template file after release as there may be some minor changes in the mean time.

On a small note:
Dynamic updates is nearly done, its currently working on my site, but its only updating the board and nothing else in 5sec intervals. Ill be increasing this to about 30secs as default, but will be able to be changed in the back end. And I'll be gradually getting it to update all other variables as well.
It works ok, its not a great bit of javascript that I've written but it works. ill update again after release.
For release, it will be that you still need to post a form to make a move, but the board will auto update when its not your turn. reason for this is I don't want to force javascript on anyone, which is actually a laugh all things considering.

PLAYBOY

on the game screen, you wrote the word "Request" wrong. You wrote "Requst".

Also i am happy that you have the dynamic update on your websites chess but what about us? :)

can we have that too please? where can we download the mod with dynamic update? :)

PLAYBOY

another small thing is, pms are sent on each move, i think thas too much.

we should get a pm only when they accept the invitation or the first move they make. my pm box is limited to 50 for each person and i cant have pm for each move my members make.

PLAYBOY

by the way, dynamic update looks really cool. NOW ITS PLAYABLE :)
Thanks again. Its a realy good job you are doing.

feeble

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 12, 2007, 10:49:42 AM
another small thing is, pms are sent on each move, i think thas too much.

we should get a pm only when they accept the invitation or the first move they make. my pm box is limited to 50 for each person and i cant have pm for each move my members make.

How about if I change it to PM user if they are offline only

PLAYBOY

i dont think it be really useful. The reason of the pm is to let the guy know he is invited when he is hanging arround the forum.

people usually invite each other when they are online only anyway.

so i think it would be good idea to make it send one pm only when the guy is invited for a match.

by the way, where can i download the lates version, the one has dynamic update? i really need that one quickly. cause that version is the real PLAYABLE one.

feeble

Since ive had to adjust my code for the dynamic updates, you might find that already create games might be bugged. for example the "Move History"
Just make a few more moves and things should sort them selves out.

I wont be adding anything else, since the list goes on.
I'm just going to be fixing bugs, finishing the interface and tweaking here and there before submission.

The update Interval for Dynamic updates is up to your discretion. Seemed to work best at 5 seconds.
If its to small an Interval, the data wont get a chance to take any effect and will cause errors, so just play around with it as it could be server dependent.

If you find any bugs please let me know.

Package is for 1.1.2.
If you installed the last package, you will need to uninstall that before going ahead with this version, I've kept the packages the same and version as well, to keep you from doing this.
Download here
Preview Here

Quick Changelog:
-PM's are now sent only when your opponent is not online unless its a challenge
-Alter Move history. You will find that things dont actually much up if you have installed previous version. im sorry for this but ive changed a bit of the structure. it will fix it self in time thou.
-Fix a few bugs
-Dynamic updates now on both updating and sending. Ill expand this in the future to undo and concede requests.

gmvasco

Hi
Your mod is looking better and better. Thank you so much.
Here are my two cents on some typos:
The "Challange" button should read "challenge".
"Game has not started Yet"  ...."yet."
Two cents. That's it :)

gmvasco

I didn't notice the drag and drop thing untill now. Was it allways there?

Anyway, the mod has reached a point in development where I would call it BETA, and I would use it in a live site.
So, I want to translate the whole use interface to Portuguese. The admin I can do without. How can I go about that?

feeble

Quote from: PLAYBOYi dont think it be really useful. The reason of the pm is to let the guy know he is invited when he is hanging arround the forum.

people usually invite each other when they are online only anyway.

users can make this happen by turning off updates in there chess settings.
else, they will get a pm if they are offline.
is that a good enough solution?

Quote from: gmvasco on June 14, 2007, 08:06:29 AM
I didn't notice the drag and drop thing untill now. Was it allways there?

Anyway, the mod has reached a point in development where I would call it BETA, and I would use it in a live site.
So, I want to translate the whole use interface to Portuguese. The admin I can do without. How can I go about that?
Thank you for saying so.
Drag and drop has always been there, ill make a small note of it under the board to let users know.
Im actually thinking(in the future) to put in an option, if you let go of the piece, it will auto submit the move, similar to the real world :)

for text, not just yet sorry, i still haven't move all the text over to the english language file, and plus as you pointed out there are still typo(which ill fix up this weekend)

pongsak

I can install it perfectly on 1.1.2 dilbermc theme with little adaptation on index.template.php.
However when i challange , the other side player can't move. Drag & drop ok but when he click send button,it quiet. Then he try to press enter instead. The chess page reload and everything go back to the beginning and the message "Please make move to start Game" appearred. It can't really play, can't start the game.

In error log it show this:

Quote2: chessxml() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/home/med17/domains/med17.com/public_html/forum/Sources\ChessFunctions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')
File: /home/med17/domains/med17.com/public_html/forum/Sources/ChessXml.php
Line: 120

First i don't know why, now OK i see how it error , the path is not correct. It must be "/" instead of "\" in line 120 of ChessXml.php

And i see same error in Chess.php line 632 too.
smf 1.1.2 with dilbermc themes.
> 50 mods installed.

pongsak

How to delete the fault chess board as seen in the picture?

> 50 mods installed.

feeble

Quote from: pongsak on June 14, 2007, 11:40:24 AM
First i don't know why, now OK i see how it error , the path is not correct. It must be "/" instead of "\" in line 120 of ChessXml.php

And i see same error in Chess.php line 632 too.

Ok, sorry about that, I've made the necessary changes

If you still have the same problem, please let me know

Package is for 1.1.2.
Download here
Preview Here

Quote from: pongsakHow to delete the fault chess board as seen in the picture?
What do you mean by this sorry?

The chess board images are stored in themes/default/SMFChess/pieces/ directory
This directory is deleted at uninstall, so if you make any changes just remember to back it up
To add a new Piece set, just create a new folder and keep the filenames exactly the same as whats in classic.

To delete a board, your opponent has to reject the challenge or if the match has already started, an Admin must delete the board on the "Current" page

pongsak

From the picture U'll see board(10) tab, but i'd  deleted it already but it still show.
When i click at board(10) it shown as in the picture.
The question is how to delete this tab. When i click current tab it show "No matches at all, get playing".
(No this board in current tab.) Thanks.

And the another questions (quess may be a lot of questions in the future  :D )
How to delete the finished game that i see when i click the finished tab.

PS: I found another error at chessadmin.php line 53 "\" instead of "/" .
> 50 mods installed.

Advertisement: