News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Introducing Simple Machines LLC

Started by Joseph, November 27, 2006, 05:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoTmetal

Quote from: godboko on April 22, 2007, 05:42:44 PM
Quote from: Motoko-chan on April 21, 2007, 07:45:47 PM
A definite flame bait. Of 5 posts, two are comments about SMF going paid and nothing to back up the accusation.

If anyone has good, solid, verifiable evidence of this project going paid, feel free to bring it up, otherwise shut up with the conspiracy and rumors, they are getting very tiring.

I really hope this was not directed towards me, I have made over 100 posts, and I was only asking fair questions. Why is everyone thats a part of the team so rude to users?

I'm not rude to users, [or I would like to perceive myself as not being rude]  I don't think the team is either. This topic has been brought up time and time again. [since the beginning of SMF  over 3 years ago...] We have a topic News: Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better. One would think this would satisfy any question and or reasonable doubt. But it isn't. We understand the community has questions and a right to know. We feel we've addressed the issue as clearly and concisely as possible on more than one occasion. Even though we've gone through great lengths to keep posts like "Why Free is better" in our NEWS This question's comes up  every 2-5 weeks. Don't believe me, do a search here. Look around online on the net. But here we are 3 years after conception, we are free today as we have always ever been.

So please forgive us if we tend to get a lil' defensive when this topic comes up for the umpteen time. But after so many times, this topic becomes some what of a bitter "lose-lose" situation for us. If we post a link to the last time the topic was brought up, it doesn't satisfy some people. If we link to the  "Why Free is better" topic, people still aren't satisfied. And if we ignore it, we are perceived to be dodging the subject.

I guess you can't please all the people , all the time. With that said, you are free to think what you want, but I ask you to look @the facts, SMF was free from its 1st release, its free now, and the team maintains its stance that it will be free in the future. As for the team, let us focus on what we do best. Concentrating on making and maintaining the best Free Forum software on the net.

So one last time. SMF is free and shall stay that way I hope that answers any questions that previous topics do not. :D

青山 素子

Quote from: godboko on April 22, 2007, 05:42:44 PM
Quote from: Motoko-chan on April 21, 2007, 07:45:47 PM
A definite flame bait. Of 5 posts, two are comments about SMF going paid and nothing to back up the accusation.

If anyone has good, solid, verifiable evidence of this project going paid, feel free to bring it up, otherwise shut up with the conspiracy and rumors, they are getting very tiring.

I really hope this was not directed towards me, I have made over 100 posts, and I was only asking fair questions. Why is everyone thats a part of the team so rude to users?

No, it was directed at ihostvps.com. Sorry if I seemed rude, but when it seems a user joins just to post rumors about SMF going non-free, it really irritates me. While I'm happy to answer questions, I will not be overly nice to someone who is being a troll.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Meriadoc

congratulations! exciting news indeed!
If I know the way home and am walking along it drunkenly, is it any less the right way because I am staggering from side to side? : Leo Tolstoy
Everything I know I learned from Calvin and Hobbes.
And patience is about the most useful thing you could ever have.  That and backups. : [Unknown]
If I choose to send thee, Tuor son of Huor, then believe not that thy one sword is not worth the sending. : Ulmo, Lord of the Waters - Unfinished Tales, by J.R.R. Tolkien

acholinet

Quote from: CountryLady on November 27, 2006, 05:56:57 PM
Congratulations to Simple Machines, LLC.

Many Thanks to Lewis Media, and the ENTIRE SMF Team for caretaking this brilliant forum software, and much appreciation to the SMF Support Team for their hard work and dedication.

Long Live SMF~! :)

hxxp:www.acholinet.com [nonactive]

Advertisement: