News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Attachment Manager Features

Started by bananaman, June 24, 2004, 07:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bananaman

The Attachment Manager has already raised some feature requests. I agree that the 'Delete older than xx' and 'Delete larger than xx' are too generic, the Attachment Manager is one of the weaknesses in SMF.

Deleting unnecessary attachments is a very painful experience as I have to sift through page by page to try and identify attachments to remove.

I would like to see some search options in the attachments manager to help me find the attachments I want to delete:

Find attachments with:
Upload date between [date] and [date]
File size between [xxxx] kB and [xxxx] kB
File name contains [                          ]
File extension is in [jpg,gif,png     ]   (default from my attachment options)
Attachments on boards [                   ] (Multi-select dropdown or list of checkboxes for each board)
Attachments with message subject [                  ]
Uploaded by membergroups [                            ] (Multi-select dropdown)

Having searched for attachments, I can then resort the columns and find those ones I need to delete much easier.  ;D
Visit my website Wolfenstein Resource for Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory Hints and Tips!

Oldiesmann

Definitely a good idea... Always useful when you want to delete attachments that are taking up a ton of space.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Mod.  No chance for 1.0.

-[Unknown]

David

I trust you are proposing those to be "and" conditions.
This space for rent.

Tristan Perry

Quote from: [Unknown] on June 25, 2004, 03:33:40 AM
Mod.  No chance for 1.0.

-[Unknown]

Why? It would be useful to all, not just a few.

mcdougrs

That seems like that would be a good bit of code to write and 1.0 might be too close to coming out so you'll just have to wait.

Ben_S

Quote from: Tau Online on June 25, 2004, 02:30:37 PM
Why? It would be useful to all, not just a few.

Because if every useful thing was added, 1.0 will never come out.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: