bridge wants the nonexistent "plugins" directory in Joomla 1.0.11

Started by lightinthedark, December 02, 2006, 03:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightinthedark

Hi,
I'm creating a site which needs both cms and forum goodness, so after reading up on the options and possibilities I installed Joomla 1.0.11 and SMF 1.1 final (which I think went final today?). No problems so far.
Then I went to install the bridge (http://www.simplemachines.org/download/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1_bridge_joomla_1-5.zip as indicated on the bridges download page, though I notice that the file name ends in "...1-5.zip" and the link said version 1.1.6). during the installation i got the following errors:

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access /mounted-storage/home11/sub002/sc16989-DAIY/shining-mongoose.net/wwwroot/plugins/system in /mounted-storage/home11/sub002/sc16989-DAIY/shining-mongoose.net/wwwroot/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 107

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home11/sub002/sc16989-DAIY/shining-mongoose.net/wwwroot/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 107

Warning: rename(/mounted-storage/home11/sub002/sc16989-DAIY/shining-mongoose.net/wwwroot/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.php,/mounted-storage/home11/sub002/sc16989-DAIY/shining-mongoose.net/wwwroot/plugins/system/SMF_header_include.php): No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home11/sub002/sc16989-DAIY/shining-mongoose.net/wwwroot/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 108

Warning: rename(/mounted-storage/home11/sub002/sc16989-DAIY/shining-mongoose.net/wwwroot/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.x,/mounted-storage/home11/sub002/sc16989-DAIY/shining-mongoose.net/wwwroot/plugins/system/SMF_header_include.xml): No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home11/sub002/sc16989-DAIY/shining-mongoose.net/wwwroot/administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 109SMF Bridge Component

I checked the permisisons, and all the folders show as writable (are owned by the wwwroot process and are set to 777 aswell).
I looked at the source, and sure enough there's the line "chmod ($mosConfig_absolute_path . '/plugins/system', 0777);" followed by a couple of renames also directed towards the plugins directory. I checked the directory structure of my Joomla install and found that the problem is due to me not having a "plugins" directory at all. I re-downloaded Joomla 1.0.11 just in case I had accidentally deleted it somehow  but it's not in the download either.

My question is this:
Should I have a "plugins" folder? I don't think I should... in which case has the bridge always had this issue and everyone just ignores it or is it a new one just for my personal enjoyment? Why is there a call to a non-existent directory, and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for the help folks.

Hello
:-Lightinthedark

P.S. I'm pretty sure the component isn't installed properly due to this as I get a "restricted access" message when I try to go to its config page, or a load of missing language file errors on the forum signup config page.

Orstio

The link is wrong.  I'll post here again when it is fixed.

Orstio

lightinthedark

That'd do it.
Seems to be working a lot better now (ie at all ;)). Now I've just got to configure then read the thread on multiple forums... *scurries away*

Hello
:-Lightinthedark

Advertisement: