News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.1 Final

Started by Grudge, December 02, 2006, 10:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

Simple Machines is extremely proud to announce the release of SMF 1.1 Final.

This release marks the transition of SMF 1.1 into the current stable release of SMF and we encourage all users to upgrade to 1.1 Final as soon as is convenient. For users of SMF 1.1 RC3, this release is a relatively minor change consisting primarily of bug fixes - although we have added a couple of options to help combat the rise in personal message spam. For users of SMF 1.0, the changes between 1.0 and 1.1 are too numerous to list here - but we're sure you will be delighted with the new items on offer.

In summary, the changes/fixes since SMF 1.1 RC3 include:

• Option to require visual verification when sending a personal message
  • Adjusted readability of visual verification system
  • Added option to limit number of personal messages that can be sent per hour
  • Fixed several javascript errors
  • Fixed time offset bug
  • Disallowed multiple failures with visual verification
  • Made several UTF8 fixes
  • Fixed various undefined index errors

Installing/Upgrading information
Upgrading from your current version of SMF to the latest version could not be simpler, just follow the standard procedure of executing upgrade.php.  But, please remember to make a backup!!  The upgrader can be used for any installation from YaBB SE 1.5.5 all the way up to the latest version of SMF.  You can always find information posted in the Online Manual about things like installations, upgrades, and more.

We also invite you to checkout the new Webinstall for even easier upgrading and installing.

Thank You
With this release we'd like to take the opportunity to recognise the effort and dedication of all the people who have volunteered their time to help the Simple Machines project. Over the eighteen months since 1.0 Final we have given our site a face lift, relaunched the Mod Site, launched the Theme Site and added the Online Manual. In addition, our support team has grown and is actively supporting a community of over 60,000 members. So, we'd like to thank everyone, past and present, who has contributed to SMF's development over the past three years. In particular, we'd like to extend special thanks to [Unknown], without whom SMF would never have been possible.  We wish him all the best in his future endevours.

Download SMF 1.1 Final

Thanks,

Simple Machines
I'm only a half geek really...

A Whipping Boy

Woot!!!!

Help spread the word and Digg it [nofollow]

Gary

Hehe. Yay. 'Bout time. Well done to all those invovled.

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Harzem

It's party time! (Who brings the beers now? :))

codenaught

It is a great milestone to be seeing SMF 1.1 final out. A lot of hard work was put into it and it now should be the time for those using 1.0 who were hesitant on the stability and security of beta software to upgrade. :)

This is of course just the beginning for SMF! Just before this we saw webinstall.php released which is a rather innovative way to install a web software, making it even easier to install and upgrade SMF.

Congratulations SMF!
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

H

Thanks to all the developers who make SMF what it is :D
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

SleePy

WOOHOO!!

Thanks so Much...

Can't Wait to get updated... Wonder if I can do it through package manager (*runs off to check) (Dang.. No)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Arbalot

J. Williams

C'est tres bien et assez intelligent :D

That is great :D
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Mr. Jinx

Thanks to everyone who helped developing this major release!
1.1 Final running over here, upgrade went without a single problem.

SleePy

Somebody needs to update the news: News: If you're not yet using the latest version, SMF 1.0.9, please upgrade as soon as possible.

;D
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

winrules

Congratulations to SMF!

This is a great milestone for SMF.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

bri

<*)))><

Panzer-

Congrats and so much Thantos and other developers :)

EdwinK

Quote from: HarzeM on December 02, 2006, 10:14:39 AM
It's party time! (Who brings the beers now? :))

you are, of course :)
|| foto-site ||

anonim

yes, yes, yes.
you guys are the best.
beer for all

niko

Great! Now we can start waiting for SMF chicken feet ;). Gonna try webinstall.

Edit: did not work... got only language files. When I selected addional langauges (finnish)
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

EdwinK

Quote from: Niko on December 02, 2006, 10:50:09 AM
Great! Now we can start waiting for SMF chicken feet ;). Gonna try webinstall.

Edit: did not work... got only language files. When I selected addional langauges (finnish)

Tried the webinstall too, but it only wanted to reinstall everyting, not upgrade my forum :(
|| foto-site ||

Thantos

edwink did you make sure to upload webinstall to the same location as Settings.php?

aglioeolio

fresh meat yupiiieee

happy christmas and a Great New Year to all Dev Team and Community, you're awesome!!!!!

Advertisement: