smf bridged Mambo 4.6.1 help

Started by mickyd2006, December 02, 2006, 08:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickyd2006

Hmmm its all well and good having these bridges but have you ever tried finding any instructions that make any sense. I have been in both this forum and mamb's own forums and I cant find a single bridge install instruction relating to Mambo 4.6.1 and SMF 1.1 RC3 and this bridge SMF 1.1 Mambo 4.6 Bridge 1.1 Beta 2

Its just a giant mish mash of all versions... whats going on? most of the threads are a collection of hints on other versions.. nothing is clear to understand... version threads dont seem to be in date... HELP!!!!
Some threads want you to modify one lot of files.. another version wants you to do something different..

All I want to know is where to upload the bridge files and how to work the flipping thing and its took me nearly a day reading through the same posted questions and answers and I still dont know... =[
wouldnt a guide for all versions go down well or at least some order in the chaos as it stands its just a jumbled mess of info pertaining to god knows what version to god knows what version.

If someone can help then please do!!!! I'd be most greatfull!!
High Quality Low Cost CMS Installations - Just-Installs.com

SOHK: School Of Hard Knox - Hard Hitting Lessons In Life

I Wonder:

What Exactly Did The Man Who Invented The Drawing Board Go Back To?
Why Are Disasters Always Described As Great?
What Platform Was Windows Designed On?

Orstio

I apologize for the lack of instructions.

I have attached a version I've been modifying, so it's a bit of WIP.  Let me know where it needs work.

QuoteAll I want to know is where to upload the bridge files and how to work the flipping thing and its took me nearly a day reading through the same posted questions and answers and I still dont know... =[

Don't upload any files.  Just use the Mambo Universal installer, and install the zip file.

mickyd2006

Thank you kindly Orstio.. its just the simpliest things that are the hardest to find.. most threads assume you are a whizz at everything lol... I will give the readme a try!!!

Thanks again!

Okay one question... where do I upload the bridge files to?
do i upload them to a subdomain.. inside the mambo root folder.. inside the smf root subdomain folder??
what the heck is this "Install the zip in the Mambo Universal installer"

Unfortuantely this readme seems to be lacking in the basics and doesnt help =[ sorry

I Wonder:

Orstio

No problem.  I just noticed that there are no instructions for using the default Mambo login module.  I'll add that in as well.

Orstio

QuoteI do not know where to upload the bridge files to... what to run when I have... what to edit or any of that...

You do not upload the bridge files.

Go to your Mambo admin panel.

Go to your Installers menu, and click on Universal.

Click the Browse button next to the textbox labelled "Package file:".

Find the SMF 1.1 Mambo 4.6 Bridge 1.1 Beta 2 that you downloaded from here to your local computer in the Windows browser that opens.

When you have that in the "Package file:" field, Click the Button labelled "Upload & Install".

mickyd2006

Yes I am a dumb ass.. I have just done that as you were typing.. my bad its late and I was misreading things... DOH!!!!

which login box do i use now?
mod_login currently published
or
mod_smf_login currently unpublished

also in
components >>> smf bridge >>> configure

im getting this error

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 150

I Wonder:

Orstio

Quotewhich login box do i use now?
mod_login currently published
or
mod_smf_login currently unpublished

Whichever you want, but if you want to use the default Mambo login module, you will need to publish the SMF_login mambot.

Quotealso in
components >>> smf bridge >>> configure

im getting this error

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 150

That's a good indication that your Mambo database user does not have access to your SMF database.

mickyd2006

thanks. I kept the default login ad published the smf login mambot and I will see how I get on when I register A test account.

As for my second question... I have both the mambo install and the smf install sharing the same DB... is there anything I can try????
My mambo is installed in my root ie www.mydomain.com and my smf forum is in a subdomian off the domain.

Thanks again!

I Wonder:

Orstio

What path did you use in the config?

mickyd2006

Hmmm.. I tried the auto create path button but got no joy.. at present it says .../forum

Okay I will try and add my full path.. stay tuned lol

EDIT.. I added my local path but no joy... still getting the error =[

I Wonder:

Orstio

mickyd2006

I Wonder:

Orstio

Go to your stand alone forum.

Login as the administrator.

Go to the SMF admin panel.

Click on Server Settings.

What is in the field labelled "SMF Directory" ?

mickyd2006

Thanks... thats got it... could have sworn thats what i typed in :S... Think its getting late and Id better quit before I make myself look any dumber lol... thanks for your help this far buddy!!!!!

I Wonder:

mickyd2006

Morning people =]
Just wondering..... If I create a test user, now that I have the the bridge in place.. where do I delete the test user account from? Mambo, SMF or both?

Thanks!

I Wonder:

Orstio

Users you delete in SMF will automatically be deleted in Mambo as well.

mickyd2006

I Wonder:

Orstio

I am currently in progress of coding in the functions that will register/delete/modify users in SMF when those actions are performed in Mambo.

Eventually, the bridge will be able to transfer data both ways between Mambo and SMF.

mickyd2006

That sounds good!!!

Im having a little trouble with loging in and out using my test user.. just wondering if you have any advice??

I created my test user,
My mabo is set to use the bridge registration and the normal login module with mambot smf module published as you suggested.

The problems I seem to be experiencing are as follows...

1. When I registered using the create account in mambo, at first the new user wasnt showin in the forum statistics as latest user untill I logged in manually.

2. If I log in using the mambo login it does not log me into the forums

3. if I log out using mambo it does not log me out of the forums. I get the page that says logging out of private site / area and when I click forums I'm still logged in..

It does not seem to have intergrated the login / out... any suggestions please???

The bridged registration seems to be working fine.. its just loggin in and out thats not seemingly working in harmony.. I have tried both the SMF login module and the normal one.. no joy..

I Wonder:

Orstio

Quote1. When I registered using the create account in mambo, at first the new user wasnt showin in the forum statistics as latest user untill I logged in manually.

That is correct.  Using the Mambo admin panel to create users will not create the user in SMF immediately.

Quote2. If I log in using the mambo login it does not log me into the forums

That's odd.  It should check for the user, create the user, and then login.

Quote3. if I log out using mambo it does not log me out of the forums. I get the page that says logging out of private site / area and when I click forums I'm still logged in..

Are you absolutely certain that the SMF_Login mambot is published?

Advertisement: