News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Copyright problems

Started by CraftyLion, December 03, 2006, 06:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraftyLion

I've just installed the Portuguese and Japanese packages into my forum and I got the following message:

Sorry, the copyright must be in the template. Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!

I previously installed he Dutch version without any problems. Can anyone advise?

sofyst

Yes, I need help with this as well. I used Fantastico to install the program, and then was attempting to upgrade it, but got this error message and now am unable to upgrade the forum. Please help!

CraftyLion

I actually found the problem disappeared after I upgraded my forum from 1.1RC3 to 1.1 Final ...

Dannii

If you recently downloaded the language packs that is probably the case, because of the change in copyright (now it's to the SM LLC). Older versions of SMF don't know that its a valid copyright statement.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Karuhun

Based of my experience, if the translation changed the word "Powered by" then it will produce copyright problem.

Advertisement: