News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

czech characters

Started by bizelbash, June 29, 2004, 06:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jindroush

SMF 1.0.3 is working on two of my sites
SMF 1.0.5 is working on my testing computers, but put on hold
SMF 1.1 RC2 is in works, will be finished (soon, or sometimes, depends what comes first  :D)

I've got one serious problem with one translation 'rule': The usage of entities. This doesn't seem to work in 8859-2, there are no entities for some characters, and using numeric entities is a pain...

muzerb

??? I would like to assist with the Czech translation of SMF.
Please let me know the status and what is needed to complete the project.

jindroush

Nothing but a bit of my time is needed  ;)

It's almost done (in 8859-2, no entities) - about 15% of all strings to go.

I have to find out the translation for 'buddy' and 'buddy list' yet.

muzerb

Buddy would be kámoš, but something like Časté Kontakty may be more appropriate.

I thought that the use of charset=iso-8859-2 would work, but you guys already know what works with SMF.  In that case if you would like, once you are done with the translation I could convert the accent characters to HTML entities.

jindroush

I think the problem with entities lies in the fact that not all czech accented characters have the 'string' entity. Ofcourse, numeric entities are no problem, but editing with them is killing.  ;)

'Add buddy' translated as 'Přidat do častých kontaktů' is totally cumbersome  8) I'll probaby stick with 'kámoš'...

muzerb

I hope that future versions of SMF will better support the language definitions in the header.  HTML entities should be avoided for maintenance purposes.

Do you have some of the files ready?  If you do I could start working on the conversion right away.  That would be one less item for you to worry about.

You are right, Kámoš will be more practical.

I would also like to get involved in the testing of the 1.0.5 version.

muzerb

Jindroush:
I would really like to help out with the translation.
Please let me know if you are interested.

loldaolda

Zdarec Chlapi, jak to pokračuje? Taky bych mohl s něčím pomoct...

Hey Guys, Hows it going? I Could help too...

muzerb

:(
I am under the impression that Jindrous is not interested in our help.
We could start from scratch; however, from his posts it sounds like he is almost done.

jindroush

Definitely - I have it almost finished, right now no help is needed.

loldaolda

Mazec, doufám že to dáš k dispozici všem ;)

jindroush

I'll upload it here, according to license.

jindroush

Czech lang pack for 1.1 RC2 should be finished. I informed Daniel D., so I we'll see it in download area soon.

matty2k7

These people are czech speakers and are talking about czech translation here. In their own language.

But I can help:

I've started a new theme and hereby I officialy start with translation of this great forum.

Simply translated.

jindroush

Missing your point. Czech lang pack is already finished and you can even use it here - see the combo on top right.  ???

Frenezulo

I have one problem. When I'm posting a PM, to some user I have no problem but to another it cannot be posted and it shows a message for example with a user 'Eva':
Poslad hlášení
Nemůžu najít uživatele 'eva'. (I cannot find user 'eva')
Následující chyba nastala při posílání této zprávy:
Jeden nebo více adresátů ('komu') nebylo nalezeno. (Consequent bug occurred during posting this message: One or more recipient ('whom') wasn't found.)
and the name in column 'Whom' changed from "Eva" to "eva".
The first user, where I had this problem has username 'Benjamín', co I thought it's because of the i with ´, but next there were another users with names with capital letters (but at some usernames with capital letters there wasn't any problem but in another usernames with capital letters there was problem listed higher), another user with this problem has in his username a dash, so I really don't know, where is a problem.
If somebody can help me, I would be great :D

Advertisement: