News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

how can i have bbc coding in the edit signature area?

Started by jmiller, July 01, 2004, 08:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmiller

hey i was wondering how could i have bbc coding in the profile area so my users can have more options for their sigs then just plain text, if anyone could tell me the code to insert in what template and where that would be great  8) thanks

Ben_S

bbc works on sigs, just memorise the tags, its not that difficult.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

jmiller

i gott'm memorized but some members might not ya know

Alisha

I am not sure what you are asking, although, BBC codes are listed in the help.

SMF Site help -> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/Themes/default/help/posting.english.html#bbc

Edit:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/Themes/default/help/posting.english.html#bbcref

Ref Chart

Is this what you are looking for?

jmiller

no, im wanting to know how i would have above the signature blank box the bbc buttons just like it is in the reply and new topic pages so members can click the button and have the tags inserted automatically because most dont know the tags off hand

Alisha

Oh... ok I see what you are saying now. Sorry, I don't know how to do that. I would think just add the buttons in the profile template. I know you need more than that though!

Although, just an idea to save your self the trouble and extra work, maybe just a link to the help section for those that forget. Would you members change Sig that offten to justify your extra work of adding those buttons? IMO I would think a [BBC Code List] text link to _blank would be easier on you, and still practical for what you would want.  Just my opinion / idea!

Amacythe

You could just have your members create the post in a test forum, then copy it and paste it to their sig.

Alisha

Quote from: Amacythe on July 02, 2004, 02:23:16 AM
You could just have your members create the post in a test forum, then copy it and paste it to their sig.

lol thats what I do!

Advertisement: