News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I broke my website...

Started by Griffin6687, December 11, 2006, 04:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin6687

I am trying to integrate SMF and Joomla. I really messed up my site when i tried the install and caused numerous problems. I then un-installed the mambot and comoent but now none of the content is showing up on my site. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this.
http://www.qmjhltoughguys.com/forum/ this is my forum http://www.qmjhltoughguys.com is my website. I would be willing to maybe pay someone to integrate them with a nice looking skin.

AIM: PGriff709

Orstio

You will also need to uninstall the mod_smf_login module, and the com_smf_registration component.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 11, 2006, 06:09:11 PM
You will also need to uninstall the mod_smf_login module, and the com_smf_registration component.
I got rid of both of those already. Or at least they are not showing up in the component list.

Griffin6687

whoops, the mod_sfm login was still present. Thanks its fixed now.

I still dont have a fourm however.

Griffin6687

I tried to install the bridge again and I got this error. Also when I would try and save something in the configuation of the bridge, every time i click save it would bring me to the inactive session login and I would have to enter my user name and admin password again but it kept happening.

Warning: main(../forum/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/g/r/i/griffin6687/html/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 120

Warning: main(../forum/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/g/r/i/griffin6687/html/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 120

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'http://www.qmjhltoughguys.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=57&../forum/index.php'http://www.qmjhltoughguys.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=57&; (include_path='http://www.qmjhltoughguys.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=57&.:/usr/local/lib/php'http://www.qmjhltoughguys.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=57&) in /home/content/g/r/i/griffin6687/html/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 120

Tryint to fix my site but this is the best I can see to fix www.qmjhltoughguys.com

Orstio

QuoteWarning: main(../forum/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/g/r/i/griffin6687/html/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 120

That is the indication that you have not configured your bridge component.

You need to type in your ABSOLUTE path to SMF in the field that asks for the ABSOLUTE path.  Your ABSOLUTE path is probably something like this:

/home/content/g/r/i/griffin6687/html/forum

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 11, 2006, 09:30:42 PM
QuoteWarning: main(../forum/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/g/r/i/griffin6687/html/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 120

That is the indication that you have not configured your bridge component.

You need to type in your ABSOLUTE path to SMF in the field that asks for the ABSOLUTE path.  Your ABSOLUTE path is probably something like this:

/home/content/g/r/i/griffin6687/html/forum
My problem with that is, when Im loged in as admin and I try to set my absolute path, I cant save it. Whenever I hit save in the Bridge config it brings to to the inactive session screen and asks me to log in again.

Orstio

Can you go to PhpMyAdmin, to your Joomla database, and then to the jos_smf_config table?

If you click "Browse", you'll be able to edit the config manually.

Put the path in the value1 field in the row with smf_path in the variable column.

Griffin6687

Ok I got it to work, but my forum is now on my main index page which I do not want?

http://www.qmjhltoughguys.com/

Orstio

Go to your Joomla admin panel.

Go to the Menu menu.  Click on mainmenu.

The Forum menu item is probably the first item in the list.  In that row, click the little blue arrow pointing down in order to move the item out of the first position.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 12, 2006, 06:34:31 AM
Go to your Joomla admin panel.

Go to the Menu menu.  Click on mainmenu.

The Forum menu item is probably the first item in the list.  In that row, click the little blue arrow pointing down in order to move the item out of the first position.
got it, thanks

Griffin6687

Sorry I got another problem.

I got my forum bridged and integrated, well at least I thought I did. I edited the skin to fit in nicely and took out the top part.

However it appears my joomla users can not log into my forum?

Orstio

You need to use the mod_smf_login module instead of the Joomla default login module.  The Joomla login module has no way to set a SMF cookie.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 12, 2006, 10:10:13 PM
You need to use the mod_smf_login module instead of the Joomla default login module.  The Joomla login module has no way to set a SMF cookie.

so in my options, I just publish that login instead of the default joomla one? So do I need to change any of the config in my simple machines component. I selected in there to use community builder for registration.

Orstio

Login and registration are two very different things.  You can use the CB registration, but you must use the bridge login module.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 12, 2006, 10:42:15 PM
Login and registration are two very different things.  You can use the CB registration, but you must use the bridge login module.

Well Im kind of confused now lol. Im scratching my head, one I have people sign up on my site, can they use that same registration login to access my forum as well?

Thats the problem Im having.

Orstio

Registration is when guests sign up for accounts on your site.

Login is when users who have already registered type in their username and password to gain access to the site.

You can use the CB registration.

You cannot use the CB login.  You must use the bridge login, no matter which registration you choose.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 12, 2006, 10:52:59 PM
Registration is when guests sign up for accounts on your site.

Login is when users who have already registered type in their username and password to gain access to the site.

You can use the CB registration.

You cannot use the CB login.  You must use the bridge login, no matter which registration you choose.
Im getting people telling me they cant login in to the forum using their site login and password. They get this error
Password security has recently been upgraded. Please enter your password again

When they enter it again it still doesn't work.

Also me myself, when Im loged in I cant even view a person's profile within community builder from the frontend it tells me I dont have access.

Ugh, this is fustrating then again Ive only been using joomla a week.

Also I sent you a PM

Orstio

QuoteIm getting people telling me they cant login in to the forum using their site login and password. They get this error

That is perfectly normal for users who exist in Joomla but not in SMF.

QuoteWhen they enter it again it still doesn't work.

Check your settings:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=63187.msg453559#msg453559

QuoteAlso me myself, when Im loged in I cant even view a person's profile within community builder from the frontend it tells me I dont have access.

Is your SMF admin username and password the same as your Joomla super admin username and password?

QuoteAlso I sent you a PM

Yes, and I have a signature at the bottom of each and every one of my posts.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 12, 2006, 11:04:09 PM
QuoteIm getting people telling me they cant login in to the forum using their site login and password. They get this error

That is perfectly normal for users who exist in Joomla but not in SMF.
But they still cant log in when they try it again

QuoteWhen they enter it again it still doesn't work.

QuoteCheck your settings:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=63187.msg453559#msg453559
I just changed two of them,I turned on Use subdomain independent cookies and I turned off Enable compressed output

QuoteAlso me myself, when Im loged in I cant even view a person's profile within community builder from the frontend it tells me I dont have access.

QuoteIs your SMF admin username and password the same as your Joomla super admin username and password?
Yes, they are both the same

QuoteAlso I sent you a PM

QuoteYes, and I have a signature at the bottom of each and every one of my posts.
Sorry about that, didnt even notice it.

Griffin6687

I have the problems still, Im on messenger with a user whos trying things out for me to see if it works.

On the main page I have the mod_smf_login as the login, he has an account that he registered on my site with that was with communiyt builder but he still gets that password error. Saying security has been upgraded. If he tries to register it says his user name already exists.

Is it possible for you to maybe sign up on my site, I can make you an admin to maybe see what the problem is.

Orstio

QuoteSaying security has been upgraded. If he tries to register it says his user name already exists.

That's because he has ALREADY REGISTERED.  REGISTRATION is something you do only ONCE.

He needs to LOGIN, not try to REGISTER again.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 12, 2006, 11:34:36 PM
QuoteSaying security has been upgraded. If he tries to register it says his user name already exists.

That's because he has ALREADY REGISTERED.  REGISTRATION is something you do only ONCE.

He needs to LOGIN, not try to REGISTER again.
thats the thing, he cant login. He just hit register to see if he could. When he logs in he gets that security error and he is typing in the correct password and user name. It wont let him login, with the mod_smf_login module on my site or if he goes to the stand alone forum either http://www.qmjhltoughguys.com/forum/

Orstio

The security message (it's not an error) is displayed for each of the users the first time they attempt to login.  When they type in their username and password again ON THAT SAME PAGE, it will log them in, and they will never see the message again.

That is, if your settings are correct.

Griffin6687

Here are my settings, they appear to be correct.

Orstio

Allow browsers to go back to cached pages should be off.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 13, 2006, 05:49:50 PM
Allow browsers to go back to cached pages should be off.
Changed it, still having the same problem. People are getting the security upgraded message and when they type in their pass and username again they still cant log in.

Griffin6687

anyone else ever experience this?

Im not that dumb lol, which is why this is so fustrating for me. I have another board I was using previously, but I dont want to pay someone to integrate it for me when I can use simple machines and integrate it myself for free.

Orstio

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 06:31:57 AM
Is this PHP 5?
I dont really know what php version it is, I use my hosting on www.godaddy.com so whatever they have, Im sure this is only something very small and something Im just over looking. Even on my forum it says the newest registered users at the bottom when people register on my site.

Can you maybe try signing up for an account and Ill make you an admin to have a look?

http://www.qmjhltoughguys.com/

Griffin6687

also when i try and vote for a poll I cant, it says cookies must be enabled. Anyway again any help will be really appreciated. Ive had a lot so far, but I am gettign user emails and I have to keep telling them that Im working on fixing it. Hopefully I can fix it soon. If anyone wants to sign up on my site and maybe see what the problem is, Id really appreciate it.

Thanks

Orstio

Does your Joomla database user have access to your SMF database?

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 07:10:14 PM
Does your Joomla database user have access to your SMF database?
Im not sure what that means? they are both on the same database

Orstio

Can you also give me admin access to SMF?

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 09:11:30 PM
Can you also give me admin access to SMF?
done, when it shows the newest profile if the forum and I click it it say the profile doesnt exist.

Is it maybe an option in my CB or Global Joomla config and not the bridge maybe?

Orstio

Did you remove my admin access to Joomla?

Quotethey are both on the same database

Your Joomla database name:  griffin6687

Your SMF database name:  qmjhltoughguys

That means you do not have SMF and Joomla in the same database.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 10:20:50 PM

no but I was just loged in, can two super admin login at once?

Orstio

I believe that multiple database installations do not work on GoDaddy.  You are going to have to install SMF and Joomla in the same database.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 10:20:50 PM

Yeah actually now that you mention that I remember creating a second one, do they need to be on the same?

Orstio

Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 10:32:26 PM
I believe that multiple database installations do not work on GoDaddy.  You are going to have to install SMF and Joomla in the same database.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 11:06:01 PM
Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 10:32:26 PM

so, the quickest way to do this is delete my forum folder? then re-upload SMF, do I need to delete the bridge or anything again?

Orstio

You don't need to do anything to any folder.  You need to export one of the databases, and import it into the other database.  Then make sure that both SMF and Joomla have the same database information in their admin panels.

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 11:11:19 PM
You don't need to do anything to any folder.  You need to export one of the databases, and import it into the other database.  Then make sure that both SMF and Joomla have the same database information in their admin panels.
how do I export/import a database?

Orstio

Go to PhpMyAdmin.  GoDaddy should have installed that for you in your site control panel.

Select the database you want to export.

Click the Export tab.

Select the options to export as a file, and preferably a gzip file.

To import it back into the other database, select the other database.

Click on the SQL tab.

Click the Browse button, and find the file that you just exported.

Click Go.

Griffin6687

Error

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.7.0-pl2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Host: 10.8.6.98
-- Generation Time: Dec 14, 2006 at 09:36 PM
-- Server version: 4.0.27
-- PHP Version: 4.4.4
--
-- Database: `qmjhltoughguys`
--
CREATE DATABASE `qmjhltoughguys` ;

MySQL said: Documentation
#1044 - Access denied for user: 'griffin6687@%' to database 'qmjhltoughguys'

Orstio

Is the error message on the export, or on the import?

Griffin6687

Quote from: Orstio on December 14, 2006, 11:45:21 PM
Is the error message on the export, or on the import?
when i import, I have exported fine.

Griffin6687

does it matter which way i go? I tried to export the SMF into my joomla db

Orstio

Quotewhen i import, I have exported fine.

OK, first, you'll need to delete this line from the exported file:

CREATE DATABASE `qmjhltoughguys` ;

(Yet another wonderful GoDaddy issue).

Then try importing it again.

Griffin6687

ugh this is such a piss off another error, im beginning to hate godaddy

Error

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.7.0-pl2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
--
-- Host: 10.8.6.98
-- Generation Time: Dec 14, 2006 at 09:36 PM
-- Server version: 4.0.27
-- PHP Version: 4.4.4
--
-- Database: `qmjhltoughguys`
--
USE qmjhltoughguys;

#1044 - Access denied for user: 'griffin6687@%' to database 'qmjhltoughguys'

Orstio

Then delete this line:

USE qmjhltoughguys;

Griffin6687

Error

SQL query:

-- --------------------------------------------------------
--
-- Table structure for table `ibf_admin_logs`
--
CREATE TABLE `ibf_admin_logs` (
`id` bigint( 20 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`act` varchar( 255 ) default NULL ,
`code` varchar( 255 ) default NULL ,
`member_id` int( 10 ) default NULL ,
`ctime` int( 10 ) default NULL ,
`note` text,
`ip_address` varchar( 255 ) default NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `id` )
) TYPE = MYISAM AUTO_INCREMENT =118;

#1050 - Table 'ibf_admin_logs' already exists

Would it just be faster for me to delete the old database and just install a fresh copy of SMF and then install the bridge again?

Advertisement: