News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do you install Themes ?

Started by deadwarrior178, December 21, 2006, 04:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadwarrior178

I downloaded themes and uploaded them too my webhost,under the smf/themes folder what do i do know ?

rider

If you go into your admin panel look for themes and layout.See if the themes are there.If not then look for the upload option and install thru your forum.From the folder you've saved them.

deadwarrior178

The folder has like about 200 files and you cant upload them all at once ! What will I do I cant find the theme on the admin section...

Dannii

You can upload it as a zip file through the admin interface.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

deadwarrior178

It says an error has occured when I try to upload the themes zip file.... :-X

Dannii

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

deadwarrior178

It doesnt give me any particular error....

it says on the forum error log the Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

When i click on the where it said an error occured...

deadwarrior178

Does your server need to have zlib or something ?

Dannii

Yes it will. I don't know why that would give a session error though.

deadwarrior178

do you know any free hosts that have zlib support, I really need to set this forum up for a clan and I need one big enough to support my website and my forum with good bandwith....

Dannii

Well if you unzip the theme folder onto your computer you can upload the whole thing through FTP instead. That doesn't need zlib.

deadwarrior178

I did upload it using ftp but where do I save it and then How do i install it because when I upload the other one in the Theme folder of the smf main folder and then i looked on the admin section under themes or templates or something the theme isnt there with the rest of the default themes....

Dannii

You can type the path to the theme's folder in the "From a directory on the server:" box.

deadwarrior178

do i do that copy the directory to the them admin section ?.... Or could you get me some screen shots how to do it...

deadwarrior178

It worked Thank you all so much but how do you install mods ?..... lol plz help again Im new to this... ;D

Dannii

Advertisement: