Can a site be indexed in more than one language?

Started by Holley, December 13, 2006, 11:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holley

Thanks to the excellent language support in SMF I've set up an international forum, I'm working on getting my site indexed by the big search engines but is there any way to make sure it comes up with searches in other languages?

_torero_

You can also install different forums for different packages. See the following:

Spanish: www.losoptimizadores.com/foros/ [nofollow]
English: www.losoptimizadores.com/en/foros/ [nofollow]

One is primarily spanish with spanish as default language. The other is all english.

Is very easy to set up so I would suggest you to do that

Drop a post if you visit us, the forum is really new ;)

Quote from: Holley on December 13, 2006, 11:22:57 AM
Thanks to the excellent language support in SMF I've set up an international forum, I'm working on getting my site indexed by the big search engines but is there any way to make sure it comes up with searches in other languages?
Posicionamiento Web [nofollow]
Diseño Web [nofollow]
Plantillas Web [nofollow] - Precios Asequibles con alta calidad
Anuncios Compra Venta Gratis [nofollow] con vídeos e imágenes ilimitadas

Holley

Rather than having seperate messageboards, I have one in default English - other languages have their own forums within it (and the relevant language codes are installed for SMF), plus I've added the Babelfish translator ...

I guess I could have multiple boards in different default languages that point back to one database ::)

Your site looks good, I'll join up in hope it can help with my optimization :D

_torero_

Hi Holly, saw your post at Los Optimizadores.

The idea behind having different installations is that the forum will:

1. Default to the appropriate language (otherwise only 1 language as default)
2. English users dont have to browse through spanish and vice-versa
3. I make sure I get scanned on both languages appropriately

Although for me is two different accounts, and a bit more space for the extra installation, I think the inner workings are better,  as well as the user experience.

Glad to have you in our new forum!

Quote from: Holley on December 18, 2006, 09:07:51 AM
Rather than having seperate messageboards, I have one in default English - other languages have their own forums within it (and the relevant language codes are installed for SMF), plus I've added the Babelfish translator ...

I guess I could have multiple boards in different default languages that point back to one database ::)

Your site looks good, I'll join up in hope it can help with my optimization :D
Posicionamiento Web [nofollow]
Diseño Web [nofollow]
Plantillas Web [nofollow] - Precios Asequibles con alta calidad
Anuncios Compra Venta Gratis [nofollow] con vídeos e imágenes ilimitadas

Advertisement: