Moving from XennoBB to SMF

Started by martinyelland, December 13, 2006, 01:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinyelland

Hi there,

After the 'instabilities' of Xenno's dev team, I have decided to move to your fantastic software.

I just have one problem. Posts, oh and users etc.

Is there any way of moving all the posts, users etc from my XennoBB installation to my SMF installation.

Thank you very much in advance,

Martin

JayBachatero

At the moment there is no XennoBB converter.  If you want send me a database dump of your current forum and I'll give this a shot and make a converter.  Be sure to prefix the subject with "SMF Converters".
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

barlas

Are there any updates on converter?

We too are planning to move to SMF but can't find any way to move posts and users.

JayBachatero

I wonder if the punBB converter will work for XennoBB.  If I remember correctly XennoBB is a fork of punBB.

EDIT:  Seems like they shutdown.  The site is down.  Does anyone have a fresh copy of it so that I can install it?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

barlas

JayBachatero, I have pm'ed you a link to download XennoBB

SleePy

Is this issue solved or do you still require assistance?

Do you mind sending the link again to me? I will add it to our converts topic in the team boards for reference so we can make a converter sometime in the future hopefully.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

redone

Last time I checked the punBB one worked just fine. Especially seeing as XennoBB which is now no longer available was ripped from punBB!

;)

Advertisement: