News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Vbulletin 3.5 Converter - Can Not find VB Settings

Started by Yellowrose, January 27, 2007, 11:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowrose

We are wanting to try SMF on a forum and have installed the 1,1 Final with no problems it installed fine. However when trying to run the VB converter for VB 3.5 I got this error messege.

" Unable to find the settings for vBulletin 3.5. Please double check the path and try again."

Vbulletin has made some changes and upgraded to to version 3.6.4 I believe is the latest we have our forum at 3.6.2.

the path for smf is public_html/site - SMF

The path to VB installation is public_html/site

1. Will the 3.5 converter be upgraded so it is compatable with the upgraded version of Vbulletin.

2. If the 3.5 converter is supposed to work with these upgrades what could be causing the error messege.

EDIT

After speaking with another admin he thinks the converter is having trouble finding the right file in VB where the needed settings it's looking for are located.

Help with this converter would be greatly appreciated as we are moving this forum to a new server in the next week or so and would like to convert it before the move.

Yellowrose

Sorry for bumping so soon but I would like to try this conversion before the VB licence fees have to be paid in the middle of Feb. If I can't get the converter to work we may have to stick with VB and I really don't want to do that. I have another site with SMF installed and really enjoy the software and would like to convert the other one so they are both the same.

JayBachatero

If you give me access to FTP I can look into updating the vB 3.5 converter to work with 3.6.  I've asked in the past but didn't get any response, so I didn't have a test board to test the converter on.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: