vBulletin 3.5.1 to SMF 1.1 doesn't work

Started by Yannick, December 15, 2006, 11:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yannick

SMF Version: SMF 1.1
Hi there,

We have a vBulletin forum running but we want to switch to Simple Machines. I set up a new SMF (prefix: forums) installation in the same database were vBulletin (prefix: forum_) is installed.

I downloaded the vBulletin 3.5 converter for SMF 1.1 and tried to convert. It 'completes' almost immediately with the following message:

Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.

The problem is, nothing is converted... Does someone know what could be the problem? I tried it for several times, changed permissions on convert.php and the other file to 777 but nothing works.

Thanks in advance.

Yannick

Hi again,

Today I updated the SMF installation to version 1.1.1. Suddenly the convertor worked.  :D

Really nice forum!

tuanluu

what about 3.6.x ??? I would like to know too before I do my convertion 
LuuHoangGallery.net [nofollow]

Yannick

Hmm, don't know. We've had an installation of 3.5.1. :)

citruz

Quote from: Yannick on December 15, 2006, 11:36:16 AM
SMF Version: SMF 1.1
Hi there,

We have a vBulletin forum running but we want to switch to Simple Machines. I set up a new SMF (prefix: forums) installation in the same database were vBulletin (prefix: forum_) is installed.

I downloaded the vBulletin 3.5 converter for SMF 1.1 and tried to convert. It 'completes' almost immediately with the following message:

Successful.

The problem is, nothing is converted... Does someone know what could be the problem? I tried it for several times, changed permissions on convert.php and the other file to 777 but nothing works.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem, but my SMF is 1.1.1. and my vBulletin is 3.5.3.

It says:

Successful.

But nothing happen on the SMF.

What can I do?

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: