News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

The board you specified doesn't exist!

Started by jackuza, December 15, 2006, 11:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackuza

SMF Version: SMF 1.1
Hi, I posted this as a response to a related (old) thread I found about a week ago, but I thought maybe it would help if I made a fresh post. SMF looks 100 times better than the phpBB2 I'm using, but if I can't post to it, that would be a problem.

I installed 1.1 and converted from phpbb2. The users and posts and topic imported seamlessly, but when admin or any user tries to post a new topic or a reply, we get:

QuoteThe board you specified doesn't exist!

I uploaded a phpinfo.php <killed the link after the fact for security>, and it looks like my register globals is ON. I saw elsewhere that one solution may be to turn this OFF, but I couldn't figure out exactly how. If someone could explain this I could at least rule it out if it doesn't work--I'm a novice and I'm stumped.

SMF looks great, and I would really like to use it if anyone can help me out. Thanks!

Aaron

Are those admins really admins, e.g. does their membergroup have sufficient permissions? It might happen that during the conversion another membergroup was created without the right permissions.

Advertisement: