SMF 1.1.1 Released

Started by Grudge, December 16, 2006, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaulter

Quote from: marinelife on December 19, 2006, 10:58:32 AM
All you do is to fix the uninstall problem of your mods:

1.  Identify the mods in your package manager that have the [ Uninstall ] links
2.  Using FTP go to your 'Packages' folder under /forum/Packages
3.  Drag and drop the mod(s) that have the missing [ Uninstall ] to your desktop
4.  Using WinZip, open mod package
5.  Find 'package.xml' and right click it, then choose edit
6.  Find the areas where it references '1.1' in the install section and add a comma, e.g. 1.1, 1.1.1
7.  Do the same thing for the uninstall section as in this example:

Code:
<!-- Installation, the key part of this file. -->
   <install for="1.1 RC1, 1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3, 1.1, 1.1.1">
      <modification>modification.xml</modification>
      <code>autosig_settings.php</code>
   </install>

<!-- Don't forget something to make it uninstallable! -->
   <uninstall for="1.1 RC1, 1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3, 1.1, 1.1.1">

8.  Close the notepad that you modified
9.  When asked to save changes, hit yes or OK
10.  When ask if you want to save the temporary file that was created, hit yes or OK.
11.  At this point the Zip file should be closed, just drag that new copy to the same 'Packages' directory and replace existing file
12.  Check it by going to your Admin Control Panel, then Packages link, then you should see the [ Uninstall ] links back.

I was getting this error:
Quote!!Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

1. Execute Modification  smf_1-1-1.mod  Modification parse error
Thanks marinelife, that did the trick :)  (wow you've got over 200 posts and still a junior member - Mine's set at about 50 lol)

hai2hai

I also got error when upgrade from v1.1 Final:

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Phần mềm kế toán VNUNI A-Excel

hai2hai

Quote from: eldʌkaː on December 19, 2006, 05:12:42 AM
Have you installed any mods?

Actually I dont know what is the "mods"? Sorry for silly question because I am not php coder, just download and upload the forum.
Phần mềm kế toán VNUNI A-Excel

Laibeus Lord

<edit file>
$sourcedir/Subs-Post.php
</edit file>

<search for>
if (strpos($user_info['name'], '[') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], ']') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], '\'') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], '"') !== false)
$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~(?:\A|\n)/me(?: |&nbsp;)([^\n\z]*)~i', '[me=&quot;' . $user_info['name'] . '&quot;]$1[/me]', $parts[$i]);
else
$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~(?:\A|\n)/me(?: |&nbsp;)([^\n\z]*)~i', '[me=' . $user_info['name'] . ']$1[/me]', $parts[$i]);
</search for>

<replace>
if (strpos($user_info['name'], '[') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], ']') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], '\'') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], '"') !== false)
$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~(?:\A|\n)/me(?: |&nbsp;)([^\n\z]*)~i', '[me=&quot;' . $user_info['name'] . '&quot;]$1[/me]', $parts[$i]);
else
$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~(?:\A|\n)/me(?: |&nbsp;)([^\n\z]*)~i', '[me=' . $user_info['name'] . ']$1[/me]', $parts[$i]);
</replace>

Just want to ask if the code to apply (between <replace> </replace>) is the right one because it is exactly the same the code instructed to be replaced...

buhaychat.com

Oh, just wanted to update, I finally got 1.1.1 installed and working, had to do it using the download link then ran upgrade.php.

It gave an error on Loads.php but that was because it was dependent on a mod that was removed (ad management mod). Once I re-installed the mod, 1.1.1 version worked fine.

Thanks all.

Laibeus Lord

Quote from: buhaychat.com on December 19, 2006, 11:04:27 PM
Oh, just wanted to update, I finally got 1.1.1 installed and working, had to do it using the download link then ran upgrade.php.

It gave an error on Loads.php but that was because it was dependent on a mod that was removed (ad management mod). Once I re-installed the mod, 1.1.1 version worked fine.

Thanks all.

Great to hear that you got it working Kababayan!! :D
I'm a Filipino too ;)

DonaldJ

The only problem with this is that alot of the mods listed in the download section won't work. Or maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Everytime, well most of the time, I try to install a mod it says "The files have corrupted, try upgrading" or some other crap..
Help me out and Expose Your Music!

vaulter

Quote from: hai2hai on December 19, 2006, 10:06:00 PM
I also got error when upgrade from v1.1 Final:

QuoteError in Package Installation

Look at the packages that you've got installed - Click the [delete] links - some of these may be older updates for previous versions but I had no problems after removing them.  If it can't delete them you'll either get a message asking for your username and password for ftp so that the board can uninstall them or you will have to follow the instructions above that marinelife gave.

Dannii

hai2hai, what does it say below that error message?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

PacificWx

though I had a "Test Failed" on changelog.txt - I read the advice here, made a backup and proceeded - absolutely no problems.

Thank you

PetrusCorporated

Hi! I´ve had this problem with one of my two forums:

I installed the patch, but there is the patch message again [click here to install].

I go to the Admin Center, and it shows that my current installation is 1.1, when i´ve installed 1.1.1...

I have two forums. In the first, the installation was succesfull. But, in this one, i have this error.

Where´s the problem?

By the way! I have no mods installed in my forums.

J. Williams

Click the (More detailed) link to find what specifically is out-of-date. Also this topic is mainly for the announcement of SMF 1.1.1 and support is specifically in the support board for the language.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

PetrusCorporated

Fonts and Default ¿Themes?

And sorry, if my question dont go here. I saw that people post here their problems with installation.

J. Williams

Since its the default theme, your theme is for 1.1 so its just a version check since it doesn't play against strands of code, just the top line and try re-uploading the default theme.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

Doc Magnus

Hi I have a problem with the upgrade,

sub-posts.php failed btw, sorry I clipped it off the image

I have not installed any packages, its pretty much a straight out of the box installation upgraded from 1.0.9 to 1.1

I am no php sort of guy, so if any of you have any ideas it would be great thanks

PetrusCorporated

Thanks! I´ve fixed my problem! :P

joseph21

upgraded to smf 1.1.1 and other mods will not install anymore especially the smf shoutbox. Haven't tried installing the theme yet, probably will not work too because of the version change?

EDITED: Thanks, the theme installed properly  :)
SMF 1.1.2 (SMF shop-Ad Management), Joomla 1.0.12, Ortsios Joomla - SMF bridge 1.1.7, CB 1.0.2 and many more..

Dannii

There weren't many theme changes, so installing one should still work.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

joseph21

Hello but what about the mods, do I need to unzip and change the version inside it and reinstall it again? If yes, which part of the file should I edit. thanks for reply.
SMF 1.1.2 (SMF shop-Ad Management), Joomla 1.0.12, Ortsios Joomla - SMF bridge 1.1.7, CB 1.0.2 and many more..

Dannii

You can just put ;version_emulate=1.1 in your forum's URL.

Advertisement: