News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.1 Released

Started by Grudge, December 16, 2006, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

Simple Machines is happy to annouce the release of SMF 1.1.1. Unfortuately a few bugs crept into the final release of 1.1 which this patch addresses - in addition an issue was reported with both SMF 1.0 and 1.1 which may allow someone to take advantage of a security hole within Internet Explorer to expoit a forum. This release closes this potential hole. Note users who are still running SMF 1.0.9 (Or earlier) and are not ready to upgrade to SMF 1.1 should see this topic for information on patching the SMF 1.0.x line. A full list of fixes is as follows:

• Fixed potential XSS vulnerability for users of Internet Explorer. (Reported by Jessica Hope and rotwang)
  • Changed the way SMF logs IP addresses to make it harder for someone to bypass banning.
  • Fixed bug in BBC parsing that could cause an error for people with special characters in their username on certain versions of PHP.
  • Fixed apostrophes in smiley location path causing a database error.
  • Fixed usage of an array before it was declared causing issues for bridges.
  • Fixed Personal Message labels not being properly restricted to the current member.
  • Fixed search sometimes returning no results when it should have done.
  • The sticky checkbox in prune boards would alternate when it shouldn't have done.
  • Send annoucements out in slightly smaller chunks.

For users currently running SMF 1.1 Final upgrading could not be easier. Simply log into your forum and visit your admin center - a notice should inform you an update is available. Follow the instructions to patch your release - this should not affect any modifications, language packs or themes you have installed. Alternatively download the attached patch file and upload to your "Packages" directory and visit the package manager to install this fix.

For all other users please follow the instructions posted in the Online Manual about installing and upgrading.

Finally - please do not use this topic for any support requests. You will get a much prompter response by visiting the relevant support board!

Thanks,

Simple Machines
I'm only a half geek really...

pariofdreamz

Thanks. It was easy to install in 1.1 final  :-*

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in this world as IMPOSSIBLE itself says I M POSSIBLE

Grudge

Glad to hear. In general all patches are this easy to apply - it's only the big jumps (1.0.9 to 1.1 etc) that are a little trickier. Much like Amazons "One click to buy" we have "Two clicks to upgrade" :)

J. Williams

Typically strange, its 1.1.1 which is the 1 threes times in a row :D
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

the_oracle

Easy enough to install...although it said test failed on a few of the files so I'm not sure if it was correct  ::)

niko

2 forums upgraded successfully.

One failed with error package not compatible with this version or something. Howeover it shows that update is available but it doesn't work. Browsing packages neither works

1024: Undefined XML element: section from /home/<user>/public_html/<domain>/keskustelu/Sources/PackageGet.php on line 320
Tiedosto: /home/<user>/public_html/<domain>/keskustelu/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Rivi: 2782
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Grudge

Niko - that error should be associated with browsing a package server? You're definetely trying the package on SMF 1.1 Final? The "patch" is only for 1.1 Final.

Can you try downloading it straight from the first post of this topic and uploading that to your packages folder.

niko

Quote from: Grudge on December 18, 2006, 07:14:59 AM
Niko - that error should be associated with browsing a package server? You're definetely trying the package on SMF 1.1 Final? The "patch" is only for 1.1 Final.

Yes. It is 1.1 Final.

Quote from: Grudge on December 18, 2006, 07:14:59 AM
Can you try downloading it straight from the first post of this topic and uploading that to your packages folder.

This worked. (Uploaded from SMF)
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Dannii

Upgrading SMF is easy :)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

CyberPhreak

Didn't go so easy for me, I got an error in Display.php. Any suggestions?

Dannii

What mods do you have installed? One of them musn't be compatible.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

CyberPhreak

I've got LOADS of modifications, lol. I guess I should wait to install, then. :)

Mr. Jinx

I've got an error on "changelog.txt"

It's looking for:
SMF 1.1                                                        December 02, 2006
================================================================================

but in my changelog it says:
SMF 1.1                                                        December 01, 2006
================================================================================

"December 01" ???
Easy to fix, but strange.

Mediademics

Upgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1 Final worked like a charm, thank you.
Mediademics [nofollow] - Empowering Knowledge Via Internet Discussion.
MyCoolidge.com [nofollow]

Dannii

If that's the only problem its okay, you can just install it. The changelog doesn't really need to be updated. I don't actually have it on my server! :)

smartcard

Did anybody tried this with Mkportal?

CJ111

The server gives me an error :

1. Execute Modification ./changelog.txt Test failed

What is wrong?  ::)

swiminjo

I am in love with you people. That mod that you made to do the update seems to work great. It's a lot easier than me having to go in and redo the 15 manual mods that I have too.

Thanks

Dannii

Quote from: CJ111 on December 18, 2006, 08:53:51 AM
The server gives me an error :

1. Execute Modification ./changelog.txt Test failed

What is wrong?  ::)
That's okay, you can install it anyway. If you get errors on the changelog it doesn't matter.

Webby

Advertisement: