News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.1 Released

Started by Grudge, December 16, 2006, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

After the patch i got this error so far.  How can this be fixed?

Unknown column 'b.count' in 'field list'
File: /home/midwesta/public_html/Sources/SimpleBlog.php
Line: 125

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.1, while your database is at version 1.1 RC3. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

RoarinRow

Quote from: Witte on December 18, 2006, 03:03:31 PM
Quote from: akulion on December 18, 2006, 02:58:30 PM
oh well atleast the mods work

Ive looked around for the version number - does anyone know where I need to change the uninstall for 1.1 to 1.1.1 for the uninstall links to reappear? Would I need to download the zips change versions inside and then re-upload?

That would work I would think... ;D

Or maybe not if there is some kind of cached footprint of the install file...???

Just adding 1.1.1 to the install and uninstall sections of the package.xml file and droping back to the Packages folder worked for me   8)

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

SleePy

Adding ;version_emulate=1.1 to the end of the package manager's url will Emulate you having 1.1 Final and not 1.1.1 so you can uninstall.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Skipdawg

It had probably been stated over a million times now, but what the heck.

SMF rocks!  ;) ;D
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

青山 素子

Please note that this is not a support topic. If you are having problems with the upgrade, please post in the proper board.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Antoinetta

I managed to upgrade the 1.1 Final to the following 1.1.

It's working just normal.

To prevent opening a topic just for saying this.. When do you planning to launch a new version of SMF..

L.G.S

They JUST launched 1.1.1 and you're asking about 2.0 already  :o
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Antoinetta

Quote from: L.G.S on December 18, 2006, 07:19:35 PM
They JUST launched 1.1.1 and you're asking about 2.0 already  :o

lol. I'm, up to speed :)

One more question. The next launch (I know it will take some time to come) will be called 1.1.2? Or will be 2?

It's irrelevant I know :|

SleePy

SMF 2.0 is to be released when SMF Devs Feel like it...
But I feel that will be a long time from now.. 1.1 just became final.. Give it time.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

L.G.S

1.1.X is when they sort out a bug or feature etc, X.0 is when they make a major upgrade.

www.gamesandgoals.com

[chrisB]

Awesome update!

I'm totally digg'in the new version, i really liked smf 1.0.8 (which was the last version i used before.. should i say it? buying a life time ipb license)..

Anyways, i'm back using smf for a newer project.. (wouldn't have it any other way this time)
~joey

P.s good work!
I'm stuck in a time warp from the early 00's.

L.G.S

Now my problem has completely locked off my forum. Can I get some help on this please in my thread?

www.gamesandgoals.com

Ben_S

Quote from: L.G.S on December 18, 2006, 07:47:15 PM
Now my problem has completely locked off my forum. Can I get some help on this please in my thread?

Post a thread in the support boards if you need help.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

klra

Installed without any errors.

I was recieving occasional database error email notifications and hopefully this has fixed that.

Thanks for the patch.       :D

RC Storick

I am a little Leary of installing this over my existing forum. So the question I am asking is can I make a New folder add the web install file and the 1.1.1 files, then when it asks me for the data base to use point it to my existing data base? Will both forums work from the same data base? Then when I know it up and working fine change the destination address to the forum address already in use? I hope this makes sense.

Dermot

Updated here without a hitch,

Much appreciated!

8)

Chris K

Sorry brain is not in gear properly, I am currently running SMF 1.1 RC3, is this a release to upgrade from 1.1 RC3, to 1.1.1 RC3 (or whatever?). If so, I am unable to see how to install the upgrade via Package Manager (which has worked in the past fine) as no upgrade link/path is being presented to me when I use Browse Packages or Download Packages.
What I mean is there is no direct link to apply the patch from the Package Manager, or do I just download the patch in the usual manner and upload it?

pulkit

easiest SMF install ever ... nice ... so, if this is safe, how excatly is the version 1.0.8 unsafe ?? could i get the excat steps to break into a version 1.0.8 that my competing website is using ?? hehe ... just kidding :)

青山 素子

pulkit, there are some minor bugs in 1.0.8, so if you will be staying on the 1.0 series, update to 1.0.10.

Chris K, check the online manual
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Chris K

Hi

Sorry, maybe we talking cross lines.
I have in the past had the option to click a link in the Admin section to apply the upgrade or patch, however also I have downloaded the Zip etc file, then unzipped it to my forum server to run the script. I am asking if its there should be a link or clickable link when in the forum to apply the patch or should I need to download it as normal, unzip it locally then upload to the server to then run the script.

Advertisement: