News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.1 Released

Started by Grudge, December 16, 2006, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

1.1 RC3 cannot be upgraded to 1.1 final through package manager. You will need to upgrade manually.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

yardbird

1.1.1 patch applied. Great job, folks. This is how it SHOULD be as far as easy maintenance. I'm REALLY happy I use SMF.

pulkit

Quote from: Motoko-chan on December 18, 2006, 09:16:52 PM
pulkit, there are some minor bugs in 1.0.8, so if you will be staying on the 1.0 series, update to 1.0.10.

Chris K, check the online manual

i'm already on 1.1.1 ... i was just joking about wanting to hack 1.0.8 on another website ...

buhaychat.com

Tried installing the patch from 1.1 to 1.1.1, but I get an error in my loads.php  :(

QuoteError in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "SMF 1.1.1 Update Package":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./changelog.txt Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Load.php Test failed
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/Display.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Search.template.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Admin.template.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Sources/Post.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageSmileys.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Sources/PersonalMessage.php Test successful
12. Execute Modification ./Sources/Search.php Test successful

Help?  ???  :-[

[tiktaktok]

First time i used the install via admin bakcend and works liek a charm :)

Thx SMF!
http://savegaia.de [nofollow]

snifftheglove

I have 2 sites using SMF, both on a the same linux server.

Applied the patch to my first site and it worked OK (Only has TP as a MOD, no others)

Applied to my second site and it failed (Only has TP as a MOD, with a failed AVV still waiting to be apllied)
Error was
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    smf_1-1-1.mod    Modification parse error

Also in my Forum Error Log was
http://www.domain.org.uk/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=smf_1-1-1_patch.tar.gz
8: Undefined index: package_readme
File: /home/midland/public_html/Sources/Packages.php
Line: 294
Any ideas?

Dannii

buhaychat.com, do you have any other mods installed?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Farmacija

i never easier didnt work one update of smf like this 1.1.1. :)
www.farmaceuti.com
www.farmaceuti.com/tekstovi

fackue

immortalis

Dannii

Have you installed any mods?
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

immortalis

Quote from: eldʌkaː on December 19, 2006, 05:12:42 AM
Have you installed any mods?

yes, but they don't work..

EDIT: i deleted all mods

muslimways

When I tried to get the 1.1.1 patch from admin panel, i got this error:

Quote from: An Error Has Occurred!Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again

I got "users online today" package installed

chipper1

I´ve just updated from the last to this newest version - but in the "administration center" its just like before: "Versionsinformation:
Forum Version: SMF 1.1
Aktuelle SMF Version: SMF 1.1.1"

??? ???
MfG, chipper1

(SMF 1.1.9 + MKPortal C1.2.2)

L.G.S

Quote from: Ben_S on December 18, 2006, 07:50:38 PM
Quote from: L.G.S on December 18, 2006, 07:47:15 PM
Now my problem has completely locked off my forum. Can I get some help on this please in my thread?

Post a thread in the support boards if you need help.

Yeah I did that but only one person replied and now it's just lost in the forum.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

zztype

OK, I got upgraded to 1.1.1 but now the board will not send email notifications to my users. The image verfication wasn't working, so I turned it off and relied on email confirmation for new members.

Now, it won't send ANY emails (I've tried both PHP and SMTP styles with no response from the system) to my users or new registrants. Nobody can sign up for my board.

Where should I be looking to fix this?

Thanks

Blaine

hxxp:www.walaau.org [nonactive]

Nifelhein

Updating was a child's play, not issues, no troubles, nothing but the good of the new. Thanks a lot for you guys behind this grat software. :D

ModelBoatMayhem

Just tried the update, as other have said, the instructions about 'use package manager' didn't work.
I've used the Webinstall which then came back with "error in Webinstall - line 1215".... and completely smashed my forum!

"Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/forum/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /public_html/forum/index.php on line 49

Another complete rebuild for the rest of the day........  >:( :( >:(
That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

Dannii

Check that all the files in /Sources/ got copied correctly.

wickedstangs

Advertisement: