News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.1 Released

Started by Grudge, December 16, 2006, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiformeIngegno

Really thanks for this release! 8)
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

majo

Thanks this help a lot

got to love smf

Billy_Gunn

Nice work SMF TEAM!

All went well in about 30 seconds.

:P
Billy

www.memphisfence.com
www.forumfence.com/smf

stt442

Thanks SMF team, installed flawlessly :)

I'm still hoping that the version number could be removed from the copyright notice on the bottom of the page ;)

goodwyne

Now that was an easy upgrade!  I wish WordPress made their install so easy.

glcis

When I try to upgrade using this option : You can install this patch (click here to install) to update your version of SMF to 1.1.1. shows me an error .

When I try to upload the package "smf_1-1-1_patch.tar.gz" tells me "the package is corrupt"

Please help meeee!!

DaBoROE09

Some of my mods I can not uninstall some of my mods Why I also posted in the general english support, bc i accidently put it in there

Thanks

Michael A Brown

marinelife

All you do is to fix the uninstall problem of your mods:

1.  Identify the mods in your package manager that have the [ Uninstall ] links
2.  Using FTP go to your 'Packages' folder under /forum/Packages
3.  Drag and drop the mod(s) that have the missing [ Uninstall ] to your desktop
4.  Using WinZip, open mod package
5.  Find 'package.xml' and right click it, then choose edit
6.  Find the areas where it references '1.1' in the install section and add a comma, e.g. 1.1, 1.1.1
7.  Do the same thing for the uninstall section as in this example:

Code:
<!-- Installation, the key part of this file. -->
   <install for="1.1 RC1, 1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3, 1.1, 1.1.1">
      <modification>modification.xml</modification>
      <code>autosig_settings.php</code>
   </install>

<!-- Don't forget something to make it uninstallable! -->
   <uninstall for="1.1 RC1, 1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3, 1.1, 1.1.1">

8.  Close the notepad that you modified
9.  When asked to save changes, hit yes or OK
10.  When ask if you want to save the temporary file that was created, hit yes or OK.
11.  At this point the Zip file should be closed, just drag that new copy to the same 'Packages' directory and replace existing file
12.  Check it by going to your Admin Control Panel, then Packages link, then you should see the [ Uninstall ] links back.

buhaychat.com

Quote from: eldʌkaː on December 19, 2006, 03:20:46 AM
buhaychat.com, do you have any other mods installed?

Yes, I have a lot of them. Most I had to work in manually to get them to work on my BlackDay Theme. Does that mean I have to uninstall each one by one?

0897jhPEFUOIyG90

Cue Kegobeer locking this thread in... 5,4,3,2...

(despite all the senior staff answering support questions in it anyway)

csshuckster

I got:

Unknown system variable 'NAMES'

and have deleted all mods...

fossils

hi

im using SMF 1.1, i want to know that i i will upgrade to 1.1.1 my themes wil not be affected no? i mean everything will work fine no? 

L.G.S

I think I found my problem now, when I did the update from the Admin panel (where it says click here to update) it did the file modifications but not the database modifications.

So i downloaded 1.1.1 upgrade.php and it seems to be fine now.
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

fossils

im getting error when tried to update to 1.1.1 from the admin menu (where it says update your forum).

i clicked but getting error as:

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

anybody help

Tapsa2

What about the language files ?
They are still 1.1 today
Will they work with 1.1.1 ?

I'm still running 1.0.9 so maybe i should wait for them to be updated before i upgrade to 1.1.1 ?
Suomi - Finland

青山 素子

LGS, there were no database updates that I can think of.

fossils, some hosts are set up so downloads through web scripts will not work. You can try to download the mod from the first post here and upload it through the admin area.

Tapsa2, the 1.1 final language files should work just fine, but I recommend you make a (database and file) backup before you run the upgrade to be safe.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

L.G.S

Hmmm don't know why then, what exactly does the upgrade.php for 1.1.1 then?

www.gamesandgoals.com

青山 素子

It shouldn't really do anything. 1.1.1 just patches some files (which is why it can be installed via the package manager)
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

L.G.S

lol don't know what I did then, I ran the upgrade file from 1.1.1 folder and it started updating tables lol

www.gamesandgoals.com

Witte

It adds a db query into ManagePermissions.php...

[edit] tho I don't see why the patch should start updating tables and such, unless 1.1 wasn't installed properly...

Advertisement: