News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.1 Released

Started by Grudge, December 16, 2006, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

souljugler

I uploaded the files using FTP & Overwrited old files & then opened upgrade.php.....& Bingo...its updated...

too easy....

Nice to see update ...  ;D

DonaldJ

Yeah, I am also having problem with mods. It says "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

What do I do?
Help me out and Expose Your Music!

buhaychat.com

Quote from: DonaldJ on December 20, 2006, 11:10:31 AM
Yeah, I am also having problem with mods. It says "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

What do I do?

What worked for me and the mods I had to reinstall (not sure if this is recommended or not, but make sure you back up your forum just in case), was downloaded the mods from the site, opened them, edited the package info xml to 1.1.1 wherever it showed install for/uninstall for older version, re-packed, then downloaded the package using package manager in admin. It worked for most of my mods in my forum.

Good luck. :)

Eleglin

I thought 1.1 final should have been more "resistant" because of its long RC period....
The patchs are not very funny with safe_mode on. :s
No support by PM or Mail.

青山 素子

Quote from: Eleglin on December 20, 2006, 01:51:58 PM
I thought 1.1 final should have been more "resistant" because of its long RC period....
The patchs are not very funny with safe_mode on. :s

Bugs still occur, such is the nature of software. It was preferred to get an update out sooner rather than let people live with them.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

mogway

Hi everyone, we upgraded our forum to version 1.1.1 today but we are having problems with log in in, we have a redirection on the site so people don't go browsing around our server. The problem is that when you log in to our forum the 1st time you'll get a very long url and the site doesn't recognize it, so you'll be redirected to our main site. When you go back for the 2nd time the url is normal when you log in and then you really get logged in to our forum. Does anyone know how to change it so that we can log in normally the 1st time?
I hope you guys understand my question lol

青山 素子

What do the URLs look like?

Also, can an admin move this to the Support area?
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

rucanunes

When I try to install this patch I get: "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."
I have SMF 1.1 RC3 and Artio SMF Bridge. Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
Ralph Nunes
Sala dos Professores http://www.saladosprofessores.com

Dannii

This patch is for 1.1 final only, not 1.1 RC3.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

rucanunes

Quote from: eldʌkaː on December 20, 2006, 06:05:34 PM
This patch is for 1.1 final only, not 1.1 RC3.

How do I upgrade than?
Sala dos Professores http://www.saladosprofessores.com

Dannii

Go to the download page, and use the 'Large Upgrade' package. Or you can use the webinstaller ;)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

rabbithutch

OK, I've come clean before.  I'm dumber than dirt. 

What am I doing wrong?

I didn't find any announcement on my Admin page about 1.1.1; so I clicked the link and downloaded the zipped file.  I unzipped into a newly created folder on my PC (named SMF 1.1.1 20 Dec 2006) and two files were written to it.  I then FTP'd (Filezilla) those two files to the myforum.com/Packages subdir on my hosted server.  I then went back to the Admin-Packages page to install it and nothing appears in the list of packages except the ones I reinstalled after getting 1.1F installed.  There is no upgrade.php or install.php file either.

Another operator head space problem, I'm sure.

TIA
rabbit
--------------------
Just because you can doesn't mean you should!

青山 素子

Upload the zip through the package manager.
Motoko-chan

rabbithutch

Uh, but . . .  there's nothing IN the package manager when I view the page and I don't know where to go to get it!?!?!

rabbit
--------------------

青山 素子

Go to the Download Packages area and upload the file using the form there.
Motoko-chan

rabbithutch

Thanks, Motoko-chan!

I downloaded the zip file from the forum downloads and unzipped it.  There were a BUNCH of files this time.  So . . . .   I'm ready to FTP them to my host, but don't know what sub-dir to put them into.  Should they be in myforum.com/Packages or my forum.com/SMF?

TIA
rabbit
--------------------

SleePy

They should be uploaded to the directory you want SMF to be installed in.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Laibeus Lord

Quote from: Laibeus Lord on December 19, 2006, 10:56:58 PM

<edit file>
$sourcedir/Subs-Post.php
</edit file>

<search for>
if (strpos($user_info['name'], '[') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], ']') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], '\'') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], '"') !== false)
$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~(?:\A|\n)/me(?: |&nbsp;)([^\n\z]*)~i', '[me=&quot;' . $user_info['name'] . '&quot;]$1[/me]', $parts[$i]);
else
$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~(?:\A|\n)/me(?: |&nbsp;)([^\n\z]*)~i', '[me=' . $user_info['name'] . ']$1[/me]', $parts[$i]);
</search for>

<replace>
if (strpos($user_info['name'], '[') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], ']') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], '\'') !== false || strpos($user_info['name'], '"') !== false)
$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~(?:\A|\n)/me(?: |&nbsp;)([^\n\z]*)~i', '[me=&quot;' . $user_info['name'] . '&quot;]$1[/me]', $parts[$i]);
else
$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~(?:\A|\n)/me(?: |&nbsp;)([^\n\z]*)~i', '[me=' . $user_info['name'] . ']$1[/me]', $parts[$i]);
</replace>

Just want to ask if the code to apply (between <replace> </replace>) is the right one because it is exactly the same the code instructed to be replaced...

Hmm, can this be confirmed or checked?
Coz if that bit of code was touched to fix problems, then the problem isn't fixed because the code in the "replace" part is the same as the "search" part.
If there really are no changes in that bit of a code, it's weird to have been included in the patch, unless otherwise there really was supposed to have been changes.

Thanks again.

rabbithutch

Danke SLeePy!

I got everything uploaded, but . . .

. . .  when I point my browser to http://www.myforum/SMF/upgrade.php (being very careful of spelling and capitalization, I get the following error message:

Warning: main(/home/content/l/a/t/latipac/html/SMF/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/a/t/latipac/html/SMF/upgrade.php on line 44

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/content/l/a/t/latipac/html/SMF/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/l/a/t/latipac/html/SMF/upgrade.php on line 44

As many times as I've upgraded, now, one would think I had done every dumb thing there was to do and would have no more trouble!

TIA
rabbit
--------------------

SleePy

Did you use the 1.1.1 Install package and upload that? the Large Upgrade and such wont work.
If you did use install package you are missing some files.. Make sure they got uploaded.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Advertisement: