News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.1 Released

Started by Grudge, December 16, 2006, 08:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbithutch

Danke SLeePy!

I got everything uploaded, but . . .

. . .  when I point my browser to http://www.myforum/SMF/upgrade.php (being very careful of spelling and capitalization, I get the following error message:

Warning: main(/home/content/l/a/t/latipac/html/SMF/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/l/a/t/latipac/html/SMF/upgrade.php on line 44

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/content/l/a/t/latipac/html/SMF/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/l/a/t/latipac/html/SMF/upgrade.php on line 44

As many times as I've upgraded, now, one would think I had done every dumb thing there was to do and would have no more trouble!

TIA
rabbit
--------------------
Just because you can doesn't mean you should!

rabbithutch

I used the Large Upload.  I have been running 1.1 Final for a coupla weeks.  Based on what the Download page says, this is the download one should use if they are running 1.1.

What did I miss?
rabbit
--------------------
Just because you can doesn't mean you should!

SleePy

Oh, I thought you where trying to install 1.1.1

Since you went from 1.1 Final to 1.1.1 there where no database changes between the two versions.
Just need to make sure all paths are correct for where you moved it.

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Vinspire

Ermmm .... I am sorry to ask this but how do i upgrade it from SMF 1.1 RC 3 and is the 1.1.1 Version stable yet ?

Dannii

1.1.1 is the stable release. We had hoped 1.1 Final (1.1.0) would be stable, but it wasn't stable enough :(. There were some serious bugs that needed to be fixed.
To upgrade from 1.1 RC3, use the 'Large Upgrade' package, or use the Webinstaller :)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Vinspire

Quote from: eldʌkaː on December 21, 2006, 04:32:56 AM
1.1.1 is the stable release. We had hoped 1.1 Final (1.1.0) would be stable, but it wasn't stable enough :(. There were some serious bugs that needed to be fixed.
To upgrade from 1.1 RC3, use the 'Large Upgrade' package, or use the Webinstaller :)

is it difficult to upgrade from RC 3 to 1.1.1 ?

Dannii

No, it's very easy :) A few people have problems, but most don't, and if you do, we're here to help. If you do, start a new topic though of course.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

BryanSD

I have to say that installing this patch for 1.1 Final was the easiest thing to do.  I use a lot of CMS applications, and by far this is the most enjoyable open source application to upgrade with it's package manager.  Thank you developers!

-Bryan
CMS Fanatic

joseph21

Where exactly do we have to place this ;version_emulate=1.1  which part in the forums url? the settings.php or in the admin? Thanks.
SMF 1.1.2 (SMF shop-Ad Management), Joomla 1.0.12, Ortsios Joomla - SMF bridge 1.1.7, CB 1.0.2 and many more..

Dannii

joseph21

Thank you!  :D It changed the copyright at the bottom to powered by smf 1.1 again? I placed the ;version_emulate=1.1 before I hit the apply mod, not sure if that's what you mean, but I think worked because the installation for ad management was successful anyway.
SMF 1.1.2 (SMF shop-Ad Management), Joomla 1.0.12, Ortsios Joomla - SMF bridge 1.1.7, CB 1.0.2 and many more..

Vinspire

Sorry for my ignorance but mind if i ask how do i upgrade my forum from 1.1 RC 3 to SMF 1.1.1 ?

Which file do I need to upload to the current forum root ?

Dannii

Spartankonin

Using the file at the beginning of this thread(as the download section comes off as corrupted by package manager) it was a quick back up then install with no errors and everything went great with the exception of three mods becoming uninstallible(sp?) but I am currently fine with that...Thanks to everyone here! Freakin great place!

hxxp:www.zebulanquite.com/forum/index.php? [nonactive]

Legolass

i made a custom theme when we were on smf 1.1 rc2, its survived great through the upgrade to 1.1 rc3 and then 1.1 final. this time round the upgrade has also gone well, apart from now my table borders on the main index have either disappeared or are now the same colour as the rest of the table, i cant get my head round this - should be an easy fix but i cant see it! can anyone help?

link to forum - http://www.scotland-rocks.com/forum

test login - summer
password - tester

i'd like to take this opportunity to thank the smf team for creating such great software and keeping it free! dont know how you do it! i've been using it since the yabbse days and still going strong!

Apllicmz

o need help to install my forum
quero ajuda pessoal sobre 0 char

wccdc

I have a few problems upgrading but ended up doing a clean install of 1.1.1 I am having problems locating compatable mods , arcade shoutbox for my new version.  Any good links?

I highly recommend using mysql dumper for runing back ups and restorals. It works great. 

TranceSound

Hi there

I have installed the latest version SMF 1.1.1 and works OK, so far... but there is only one little thing/issue.. I have an add-on/pluggin I am running, something about, I don`t know how to call it, related to [hide] posts or something, but it`s not working anymore...

Maybe this is the right place to post this request... but does anyone of You knows where I can find a better pluggin/add-on that supports this kind of version ???

I had this before on my SMF 1.1 RC3, but since I have made the update, it doesn't`t work properly anymore, it does shows things like |hide|http://www.link.domain|/hide| (please replace | with []) but without taking the code as usual, the tag code

Any suggestions ?

Cheers
hxxp:www.trancesound.net [nonactive]

RC Storick

1.1.1 webinstall completely crashed my site.

comperr

Quote from: Mr. Jinx on December 18, 2006, 08:20:29 AM
I've got an error on "changelog.txt"

It's looking for:
SMF 1.1                                                        December 02, 2006
================================================================================

but in my changelog it says:
SMF 1.1                                                        December 01, 2006
================================================================================

"December 01" ???
Easy to fix, but strange.
DONT INSTALL IT.  Your files got corrupted probably and this bye got changed by one.  Analyze the files and make sure that no other text (expeccily PHP functions) were altered.

Advertisement: