News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Member Activation eMail Text

Started by Acki, January 29, 2008, 01:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acki

Hi,
I just started to use SMF... ;)
Now Iwant to know where to change the text for the email a new member receives to activate his account...

Mainly I want to change the activation link...
you know the data fields are seperated by a semi colon:
Quote.../index.php?action=activate;u=4;code=0e8c42decf

but I want them to be seperated by an &:
Quote.../index.php?action=activate&u=4&code=0e8c42decf

the behavior would be the same, but some email clients (like Pegasus) don't recognise that the semi colons belonging to the URL and cut it off before them !!!

My question now is: how/where can I change this ???

thx, Acki

codenaught

A little late but if you still want to do this you can modify Sources/Register.php:

sendmail($row['emailAddress'], $txt['register_subject'], sprintf($txt[empty($modSettings['registration_method']) || $modSettings['registration_method'] == 1 ? 'resend_activate_message' : 'resend_pending_message'], $row['realName'], $row['memberName'], $row['validation_code'], $scripturl . '?action=activate;u=' . $row['ID_MEMBER'] . ';code=' . $row['validation_code']));

Replace with:

sendmail($row['emailAddress'], $txt['register_subject'], sprintf($txt[empty($modSettings['registration_method']) || $modSettings['registration_method'] == 1 ? 'resend_activate_message' : 'resend_pending_message'], $row['realName'], $row['memberName'], $row['validation_code'], $scripturl . '?action=activate&u=' . $row['ID_MEMBER'] . '&code=' . $row['validation_code']));

Haven't tested it, but hopefully it would work. :)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Advertisement: