News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

White Page after new install

Started by Plankton, December 17, 2006, 01:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plankton

SMF Version: SMF 1.1
Hi,

Nevermind........ seems i had some incomplete or corrupted files due to files being dropped.  Changed from using Dreamweaver as my ftp client to another and reloaded the forum install files again.  I also dropped the tables out of the smf db so as to get a new set with the new install process.  After install was complete there was my new SMF forum ready to be tweaked.

New to SMF, MySQL and php scripting but i learn fast.  I am certain i did all the things needed in order for install.php to do its thing.  It did its thing and said it was fine, however, now my forum URL gives me a plain white page.  its not a "page not found" it just HTML body start and end tags.  i checked my index.php file and it all there on the server.  It seems all files and folders made the upload but haven't read through each and every file ...... yet :(

I know I've seen posts on white page here before and although suggestions there did give me things to try, it didn't help any.  I did the repair file thing and stopped compression and a couple other settings as well and nothing is bringing up anything other than an empty HTML body.

Plankton

Advertisement: