News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Is it love?

Started by Trekkie101, December 17, 2006, 03:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

Just today I felt like a little walk through the old posts here, so I started with the not so positive posts and read them to understand a users frustration as we need to avoid that situation at all costs, there aren't many real complaints about SMF that cannot simply be attributed to difference in opinion.

I got a bit bored of that anyway, so I decided to try and go a bit more positive, and as many of you will know, every time a compliment is made towards SMF, someone reply's with the almost automatic "Thanks for the kind words!". I searched for the "kind words" phrase on this site and it didn't return anything (note I had the quotation marks in the search so it looked for that exact string) but instead had an error, anyway I knew the message couldn't be right claiming there were no topics to display, so I limited the search to the "Simple Machines" category and bingo, there they are, hundreds of results - literally!

This blog would be very short if that was all I had to say, so I dreamt up a point to make, never went so great. I attended a "entrepreneur me" workshop yesterday and it had something to with spreading love or something, so the word was stuck in my head, love. Can people really be in love with a product and a bunch of procedural lines of code.

Yes. Google Define works wonders here

a strong positive emotion of regard and affection - You bet, I love being with SMF, my forum has no purpose really, other than playing with SMF and I can get quite ratty in a discussion about how competitors could possibly be better, probably not a great think to have in my personality

any object of warm affection or devotion - I come here every day without fail, post, read and contribute my work for free, I love the work of others, SAF by forsakenlad is an amazing theme in my opinion.

have a great affection or liking for - I believe that's part of the criteria to be a team member, and I certainly have a great affection for SMF, the project and the community have something here that I haven't ever found on the internet before.

So we checked three boxes and proved that I love SMF, but that's not really all that amazing, so I dug up some nice quotes:

QuoteI just wanted to say THANK YOU to the SMF team!!  The new release of SMF 1.1 is AWESOME!!  I LOVE IT, and my members really love it as well!  Keep up the awesome work, as you all are doing such a wonderful job at keeping SMF GREAT!!

QuoteI just wanted to say thank you for all of the hard work that everyone has put into this great piece of work.  Not only to the original coders but to the people that take time out of their day to answer questions, code mods, and troubleshoot our problems; free of charge.

Thanks a ton!

I believe it is SMFs openness -- eagerness, even -- to welcome suggestions, and -- within reason -- to see to implement them, that is SMFs greatest strength in developing an open source product.

I just want to say, "Thank you."

QuoteNow I can concentrate on attracting users instead of wasting all my time 'building' a useable forum.

Thank you very-very much to everyone involved in the development, distribution and support of this software.

These quotes are all very real, search for them and you will find them :)

So we manage to ascertain that we love SMF and so do the community, forward we go!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Just kidding, thanks for the kind words guys, they really do mean a ton to us :)

J. Williams

Amazing, many people here love SMF and some I don't want go into any extra detail :P
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

efa

I registered just to tell you how much i love you (SMF).

I simply love you.

But if Love were mass, the chart would look like this.

MyLoveForSMF > Orion Nebula.

Thank you for not having to be hacked apart to do the simpelist things.
Thank you for always having more options.
You are so easy going.
I am very lucky to have you.
It was Love At First Sight.
Thank you for beating the snot out of my ex-forum.
After years of abuse I have finally found a winner.

xox
efa

freebrowsers

Woww..Everybody going mushy over SMF and this community. There must be something fishy going on...hehe. Just kidding. You people deserve appreciation and encouragement. Keep it up!
Wanna Boost your operating speed and clean your system? Registry Cleaner [nofollow] can help you!

efa

there is nothing fishy about amore  <3

buhaychat.com

Dropping by this thread to show my love for SMF... :D

Gary

Glad to see that everyone loves SMF. (but who wouldnt? :P)

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Tanks

♫♪♪ Is this love, is this love, is this love that i'm feeeeeling... ♪♪♪

choloman05

Xarcell

I really love SMF and TP. It's always growing, solid foundation, and always helpful.

SMF has done so much for me and my interest in web development.

Thanks SMF!

christicehurst

Awww you love SMF, that's so cute!
www.brisbanelionsunited.com - A forum for everyone!

Advertisement: