Increasing member interaction and friendship.

Started by 1MileCrash, December 17, 2006, 07:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

i've got the buddy list, profile comments, and custom mods.. but how do i link gallery to profiles - can i have a mini gallery in each profile? also where is the blog - should i wait until its out of beta version? how do i make a field for and image using custom profiles? i can only choose selection field or text box..)

Ace3

John S

can anyone tell me if this is possible... the blog thing is it coming soon or waT?

SMdot™

Quote from: Tippmaster on December 17, 2006, 07:53:57 PM
When the "profile comments mod" came out, I had an idea.

I basically created a myspace within my website. I allowed users to add pictures of themselves and enter more information about themselves and their personal life. I'm hoping that members will find more in common with each other than just paintball and therefore building friendship.

Here are some screenshots

your forum rocks. I think I'll make a little mod that adds these fields to the profiles as well as a display of the 5 most recent image submissions (SMF Gallery Lite)

John S

Quote from: shomazta on May 09, 2007, 05:20:10 PM
Quote from: Tippmaster on December 17, 2006, 07:53:57 PM
When the "profile comments mod" came out, I had an idea.

I basically created a myspace within my website. I allowed users to add pictures of themselves and enter more information about themselves and their personal life. I'm hoping that members will find more in common with each other than just paintball and therefore building friendship.

Here are some screenshots

your forum rocks. I think I'll make a little mod that adds these fields to the profiles as well as a display of the 5 most recent image submissions (SMF Gallery Lite)

awesome! this will diffentely be the best thing out! tippmaster have you considered making a mod for your profile changes? and shomazta, when can you get this done?

cheers

SMdot™

hopefully within a month. It all depends on what happens in the "real world"

John S

oh yes! i can't wait.. keep me informed of your progress!! thanks heaps

SMdot™

Quote from: yazeft on May 10, 2007, 02:02:12 AM
oh yes! i can't wait.. keep me informed of your progress!! thanks heaps

note it'll be a tad bit different from TippMasters version... cuz I'm the Sho Mazta haha.. no

seriously I'm going to have it flow with the current profile setup opposed to having a new table underneath =P...

Got any ideas or suggestions please bother me on here or at my site =P

John S

hahah, awesome... defintely we have to have something connected to the gallery lite mod that allows each member to upload pics (of themselves etc.. ) and have them display in their profile.. at least 4 or 5 would be great...

oh and also, something perhaps that members can choose from a variety of profile backgrounds colours and wallpapers.. and once chosen are viewable by everyone.. so the only thing that changes is everything in the 'profile' section...

also, music player..? similar to the youtube video in profile mod, something that people can choose their favourite 5 playlist and have them play from some source..

alot of these ideas are derived from websites similar to myspace, bebo, facebook.. etc.. it'll be great to get those features here!

ooo.. i can't wait...

cheers

trulu

this is so cool, it's kinda looks like friendster thinging ^^ Great Idea u've got there

madagascar

Afterglow86

That's really rather quite impressive. Social networking or similar is a great idea for websites to increase "interactivity" between the users. :) In fact, I've actually been looking for something like this.

How much more needs to go into it?

SMdot™

trulu, madagascar, Afterglow86

I'm not sure if these questions/remarks are being directed towards me however if your interested you can view info here : http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=170429.0

click for full size

diplomat.

Tipp I think I will add this feature on tWG. Sorry, but I have to bite it ;)
avidSOUND.com: Where Aspiring Musicians Can Be HEARD!

borisz

this looks great, I would definitely like to have something like this for my members

jesusescobar

hxxp:www.googleminigames.com/forums/ [nonactive]

Game Walkthroughs and Arcade and many many more

Currently Having a Free Domain Contest Check That Out!!
>>> hxxp:googleminigames.com/smf/index.php?topic=28.0 [nonactive]

1MileCrash

hmm, maybe i'll make this a whole package when i get the time. i think it would be a fun project.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

Webrunner

I did something like that too.
Look at this:
http://vrouwenpower.nl/forum/profiel/webrunner-u1.html

I also added the option ta add your own background and to make you your profile available to members only or everybody included guests.  :)
There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

RubMinds

When will this come out as a mod, i can't go through editing and all that, smf is much easier nowadays than editing and editing codes.
www.RubMinds.com [nofollow] - Reality LIVE!, Double DARE and DO something.

Advertisement: