News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Planned Maintenance - 30th December

Started by Grudge, December 23, 2006, 05:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

All,

During Saturday 30th December there is an upgrade planned for the community forum to take it up to the latest "Development Edition". Due to the scale of changes that will take place during this upgrade - and the fact that this site is built around SMF "Development Edition" - we anticipate a few hours of downtime while we thoroughly test the upgraded forum and track down any integration issues.

While we hope to minimize the disruption to the site here, as a precautionary measure we will be opening our "backup" forum during this time. You can find the backup forum at www.simplemachinesforum.net where our support staff will be available to answer any support queries during this time. SMF downloads will remain available from the main site page.

We are planning on starting at 3pm GMT

Regards,

Simple Machines
I'm only a half geek really...

L.G.S

Thanks for the news, much stuff going into the new DE then? :P
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Alexander

It is alright. Would be nice if we see some new features on the new version.
Alexander :::

SleePy

Alexander,

SMF DE contains tons of new features... I see some right now and know theres more through out the site..
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

L.G.S

Will we ever be told outright what the new features to this forum's version is? Would be nice so we could check em out without them slipping by unnoticed :P

www.gamesandgoals.com

Gobo

I hear it has the ability to transform into a vB, IPB or phpBB forum in one click and back to SMF

lol ok i made that up :P

L.G.S

Nahhhhh not like that Chit Chat thread with all random crap lol... real stuff

www.gamesandgoals.com

Gosu Schwarz

So what is so special about this "Development Edition"?

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Thantos

The Development Edition is simply the name of the version under development.

Daniel15

QuoteDuring Saturday 30th December there is an upgrade planned for the community..... we anticipate a few hours of downtime
Any timeframe for this downtime? Or will it be at any time during that day?
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Panzer-

Thanks for the notification :) hope it goes well.

SleePy

Quote from: Daniel15 on December 26, 2006, 10:57:10 PM
QuoteDuring Saturday 30th December there is an upgrade planned for the community..... we anticipate a few hours of downtime

From when it starts to when it ends...  ;)

http://www.simplemachinesforum.org/community/index.php
:cough: is it open or closed? I can login and such.. but no boards.

Daniel15

Quoteis it open or closed? I can login and such.. but no boards.
AFAIK, it only opens when this forum is closed ;)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

Thantos

Normally we put it in Maintenance Mode between downtime but we took it out of that and just removed access to the boards so our team members (and the public as a result) could register and then have their access setup.  Before we start here we'll make the support boards accessible.

Quote from: Daniel15 on December 26, 2006, 10:57:10 PM
We haven't nailed down an exact time yet.  Once we do we'll edit the first post (and probably post in the topic itself) with it.

Alexander

Quote from: SleePy on December 26, 2006, 07:43:14 PM
Alexander,

SMF DE contains tons of new features... I see some right now and know theres more through out the site..

SleePy,

Alright, so what new features? :) What is the new version going to be called? SMF 1.2?
Alexander :::

Gary

That info is still Classified. ;)

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Thantos

DaBoROE09

Gobo

hey i just wanted to ask a simple off topic discussion
will this effect the package manager area?
cos I have noticed that when SMF is down for whatever reason, the Package manager area in my SMF fails to load up completely
I dont know why but I am guessing it has something to do with fetching the latest mods from smf part?

Advertisement: