News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Planned Maintenance - 30th December

Started by Grudge, December 23, 2006, 05:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

This shouldn't affect other parts of the SMF site.
You just will not be able to use the community forums while the update takes place.
So the package manager should still function properly.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Thantos

@Sleepy:  Actually this will affect the entire site.
@akulion:  Fortuantly the packges.xml file doesn't do dynamic loading so the package manager should work.  Though the mod site will be down for a bit.

J. Williams

Hopefully this will be amazing since SMF shows pure potential (and a lot more than certain others in my honest opinion)
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

SleePy

Quote from: Thantos on December 27, 2006, 03:22:27 PM
@Sleepy:  Actually this will affect the entire site.
@akulion:  Fortuantly the packges.xml file doesn't do dynamic loading so the package manager should work.  Though the mod site will be down for a bit.

I just figured that out when Jay was talking he had to update the mod site to work with the new DE that was coming.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

pulkit

a new version of SMF ?? That poses a few problems ... I need to check again if all my mods will work with the new version ... and some of them will apparently not ... i like to keep my forum up-to-date and that's a big pain in the b*tt ... please make sure there will be no updates for sometime now and this new version is as complete as humanly possible ... thanks

SleePy

pulkit,

This Version of SMF isn't released yet... Its in development. They are updating the Development CVS version here to a higher version..

Grudge

Indeed - as Sleepy said this is purely about the site here - to warn users we are upgrading the support forums. There is no need to worry about another release!
I'm only a half geek really...

J. Williams

Quote from: Grudge on December 27, 2006, 05:10:56 PM
Indeed - as Sleepy said this is purely about the site here - to warn users we are upgrading the support forums. There is no need to worry about another release!

Truly since it may annoy SMF users but would excite the crowd and so forth plus the interval seems small :)
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

pulkit

whew ... i thought i'd have to upgrade to a newer version ... that would have made my site members really mad because in the recent past i'v been updating versions and they have had to deal with new and missing features from time to time. they want something stable ... come to think of it, so do I.

and please don't think i don't like SMF. I love it but the upgrades and incompatible mods just get to me.

Jacen

Quote from: pulkit on December 27, 2006, 04:15:10 PM
a new version of SMF ?? That poses a few problems ... I need to check again if all my mods will work with the new version ... and some of them will apparently not ... i like to keep my forum up-to-date and that's a big pain in the b*tt ... please make sure there will be no updates for sometime now and this new version is as complete as humanly possible ... thanks

SMF is an on going project and there will always be updates to it. You are not required to upgrade to the latest (but you are encourage)...

Some of the less used forums I have still use 1.0.2 because I simply don't feel like upgrading them... but my most used forum uses 1.1.1 and will always be up to date :)
"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

Alexander

Alexander :::

Killer Possum

LeGaS

As I see there are smaller-bigger problems, hope you guys fix it soon. :)

cave

LeGaS

And we can see the Simple Machines Blogs board. :P

cave

And we can see some top secret information. :-X

klumy

seems so that some functions are not still implemented right now

QuoteShow WYSIWYG editor on post page by default
doesn't work

QuoteFirst day of the week on the calendar:
just show A or D

Grudge

At least one of this is fixed now klumy. The WYSIWYG editor doesn't seem to be on the site theme at the moment.
I'm only a half geek really...

gerrymore

Quote from: akulion on December 26, 2006, 08:04:18 PM
I hear it has the ability to transform into a vB, IPB or phpBB forum in one click and back to SMF

lol ok i made that up :P

I most certainly hope so. Who on this planet (or others) would want to change away from SMF?
SMF RC1, Tiny Portal 0.75, Coppermine 1.3.3, Flashchat.

Advertisement: