News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Functionality requests for SSI in the next version of SMF

Started by Grudge, December 25, 2006, 04:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Sorry, I split your post since it went off topic. Check here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=190395.0

"Show new replies to your posts." on the top right is invaluable for keeping track of things.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

ExcalibursZone

I thought it was pretty much on topic since I was making a request and trying to make sure nobody kept telling me to use files and functions that currently do not fill the role for which I was requesting. *shrug* I guess it really wasn't a request if nobody thinks it can be done.

青山 素子

Well, it started with the suggestion, but the whole rest of the discussion was off-topic.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Barons

Hello,

First of all, I want you to say you thanks for the great forum and community. This is my first post :)

Okay, I have thought about a mod that would take a topic and display their post.

(Okay, hum, sorry, this was not well explained)

Here is an exemple with my website.

My website: hxxp:www.blood-feast.com [nonactive]
My forum: hxxp:www.blood-feast.com/forum [nonactive]

Okay, so, If you go to: hxxp:www.blood-feast.com/videos.php [nonactive], you might notice a title named "Courts métrages [Horreur/Gore]". Under this category, I want to display  this hxxp:www.blood-feast.com/forum/index.php/board,14.0.html [nonactive] and their inside FIRST post. (no comments or replies)
So, take a look.

You are under the "Courts métrages [Horreur/Gore]" section. This is what I want to display:

TEST
1st post of test + a link to the post for comments

TEST 2
1st post of test 2 + a link to the post for comments

i am not sure that you understood me, but, hum, please try to understand, if you have any question please reply. And if you have the solution, please reply too.

Thanks

MaBell37

Hello, this is my first post in here.  I belong to a community that has private messaging (pm'ing), however, when you want to send a message to someone who is on a buddy list, you can't select anything like "Select Recipient from Buddy List".  Is there such a function, and, if not, is there any way to create one?

The purpose of my intent, is to make it possible when a site allows you to create a buddy list in the first place, to be able to use that same buddy list to add names to the addressing of pm's.  If this function already exists, please accept my apologies for wasting your time, but also please point me in the right direction so I may have my community add that feature to our web site.

Thank you for your time.

Rob

Ps.  I was directed to this site by one of the admins from my community who indicated to me that they get their site upgrades/features from here, but he was not familiar with my request.

user2037

Registration to simplify integration with other systems. Ideally with options to disable CAPTCHA (and e-mail verification, etc.) since the integrating system may already handle verification.

Expand "ssi_login" and "ssi_logout" to include the 'array' option so that the resulting parts can be formatted or styled without capturing output and altering it.

daft_vada

id like to see an addon for the admin of the forum to use that outputs the code thats needed to make extra pages for the rest of their site like a login setup that uses the boards database fur the usernames
ive been looking for code like this to use on my site, im not really in any hurry for this code cos im yet to make the content for the members only section of the site
any help with this will be greatly apreciated

rockinaway

Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

user2037

It would be helpful if the SSI log-in provided the option to encrypt the log-in credentials. Even basic password hashing would be very helpful.

wicked1234

I would like to have some SSI for the time stamp that is in the upper right hand corner. That matches the user settings as the forums time stamp does.

Tangram

I would find an RSVP feature, something along the lines of hxxp:www.meetup.com [nonactive] (e.g. hxxp:photo.meetup.com/459 [nonactive].  We're a community that regularly get together and getting numbers together is tricky.  The voting options are OK, but not flexible enough for our needs.

Dannii

Hi Tangram, this topic is for functionality requests for SSI.php, not just any old general feature requests.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

1MileCrash

If this hasn't been brought up before, i would LOVE to have SSI work like the templating system.

Like, SSI.php in source (or root where it is now)

and then an SSI.template.php. Then, subtemplates inside SSI.template for each function.

No more messing with arrays in the page you call it on, and now we can have a different SSI look for each theme (like when using layers, portals, and any other time you'd want SSI in a template).

Just something i find myself wanting from time to time.
The only thing php can't do is tell you how much milk is left in the fridge.

IrNbRu

hello guys i am new here but have read through the thread and there is a lot here for me to learn :D
hxxp:www.sharesoulp2p.com/index.php [nonactive]

Panzer-

Could you give us a list/idea of what new SSI features will be in 2.0?

B Patterson

Tippmaster:  I could swear you can already do that... just declare $ssi_theme before including SSI.php....

I don't know if this is supposed to be leaked, but much of the multiple requested items in this thread should be in there.  I don't want to overstep my bounds, but SSI.php for SMF 2.0 is a lot nicer and includes many of the features requested in this thread.  If a member of the dev team says it's okay, then I'm sure they'll give you the info; until then, just know that it's got more and better functions ;)

1MileCrash

Quote from: bpat1434 on November 24, 2007, 11:31:54 AM
Tippmaster:  I could swear you can already do that... just declare $ssi_theme before including SSI.php....

No..that's to use an SMF theme on a page by including SSI. I do that all over my site.

That's not what i mean, at all, try re-reading it. I'm talking about the structure of the SSI system itself, not a new feature.

B Patterson

Okay... but you know that using SSI.template.php you'd just be messing with the arrays in a separate file right?  I mean, look at how SMF tempalting is done.  Array manipulation and loops is all it is.  So why use 3 file (or 4 if you're calling SSI.php from another file) when you can use just 2.  SSI isn't supposed to be a part of the SMF core, just a type of API to utilize some functionality of it.  Sounds like work for no real gain to me.

1MileCrash

Quote from: bpat1434 on November 24, 2007, 02:32:57 PM
Okay... but you know that using SSI.template.php you'd just be messing with the arrays in a separate file right?  I mean, look at how SMF tempalting is done.  Array manipulation and loops is all it is.  So why use 3 file (or 4 if you're calling SSI.php from another file) when you can use just 2.  SSI isn't supposed to be a part of the SMF core, just a type of API to utilize some functionality of it.  Sounds like work for no real gain to me.

Big gain. Now themes could style SSI outputs easier, people could edit them on their own easier, and it would just be better organized. You don't see any MYSQL stuff in the templates. SSI should have a source and a template file. The output (template) should be different from the page that initiates it and makes it happen (source)

imrich

I hope it's not too late to add a request.

I'd like to request that ssi_login() allow for the url to use when a user makes an error in their password or account name.

I tried to use ssi_login() on my site and it works perfectly when the proper credentials are provided. However when invalid credentials are provided, SMF comes up, which totally messes up my content.  If I could redirect the user to my own URL when bad credientials are provided (as you can when all goes well) I think I could have solved this issue.

Alternatively, or in addition to this (as someone else has requested provide a method to login and logout of the complete SMF system without any forms or output provided so I can format  all the the actual I/O myself.

Advertisement: