News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Search Function is not working, (Already resolved)...

Started by jcroot, December 25, 2006, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcroot

SMF Version: SMF 1.1.1
Hi Guys!

I tried to search the forum for this issue or problem but I coudn't find any answer, well I have a SMF forum 1.1.1 and something is wrong, when I try the search function it doesn't work, it doesn't take to any other page, In Firefox it tells me if I want to download the index file, (like downloading a php file) in IE it takes me to a blank page.

I tried to empty all the smf_log_search etc... but it doesn't work, I even upload a fresh copy of search.php and is still not working.

Daniel15

So, you're sure that the Sources/Search.php and Themes/default/Search.template.php are correctly uploaded? Do you get any errors in your error log?

Please provide a link to your forum so we can see what's causing this.
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

jcroot

Quote from: Daniel15 on December 26, 2006, 12:10:45 AM
So, you're sure that the Sources/Search.php and Themes/default/Search.template.php are correctly uploaded? Do you get any errors in your error log?

Please provide a link to your forum so we can see what's causing this.

Thank you for your reply man, well I'm sure that I have these files uploaded to my forum, here is the link: http://cyberarca.com/  I hope you can give me a hand with this...

I don't know if you want more information but here is something interesting:

I empty my table: smf_log_errors because it was more than 10 mbs so I don't know if this have to do with the search function which I don't think so.

jcroot

Daniel15

QuoteI empty my table: smf_log_errors because it was more than 10 mbs so I don't know if this have to do with the search function which I don't think so.
That table is used by the error log, so any errors are written to it.
Speaking of error log, check your error log, and see if there's anything in it relating to search
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

jcroot

Quote from: Daniel15 on December 26, 2006, 09:42:29 PM
QuoteI empty my table: smf_log_errors because it was more than 10 mbs so I don't know if this have to do with the search function which I don't think so.
That table is used by the error log, so any errors are written to it.
Speaking of error log, check your error log, and see if there's anything in it relating to search

Thanks again for your reply man, well my search function is still not working, I start to believe that this is a bug of SMF...

I'm not sure, I'm not a php programming but this is what I figure out:

If I empty the smf_log_errors this will stop the forum search function working, I mean if I empty this table the search function will not work... Why? because I tried this with my other comunity and I have the same problem, my other comunity search function was working fine until I empty the smf_log_errors table to see what happen...

I try to see the forum CP log errors for some errores relate to the search function and I coudn't find nothing...

Also, I tried to install SMF 1.1.1 in my local machine (using MS Windows) and then I restore a backup of my data base and the search function is working without problems, so my forum is working ok in my local machine (wich my data base restore and the smf_log_errors table empty) so I don't know if this is a bug or if this bug affects all unix servers because my server (not my local machine) is running on Linux.

Could this be a bug? I would like some help.

J. Williams

Thats strange in my opinion, the logs aren't indexed. Have you tried running the forum maintenance tools?

(Try changing search weights)
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

jcroot

Quote from: J J Williams on December 27, 2006, 04:36:59 PM
Thats strange in my opinion, the logs aren't indexed. Have you tried running the forum maintenance tools?

(Try changing search weights)

It didn't work... Every time I try to do a search to my forum it takes me to this page:

http://here-is-my-domain.com/index.php?action=search2

And the page cannot be display... I wonder what is wrong?

jcroot

Thanks for all the support guys but I already found a solution to my problem...

Well I spend more than an 1 hour searching this forum reading topic by topic until I found my solution here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=72412.0

I just disabled spell checkers and the search function works again...

Advertisement: