News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Riker

It is me again.  :P

I wonder is it possible to make shouts in history as same as on forum... the newest on the top?

W. Riker

Yes and I done so... but in the history the newest post still goes to the bottom.

nneonneo

Right, sorry.

Change
echo preg_replace_callback("/<timeval=(\d+)>/","preg_timeformat",$text);
to
$chatText=preg_replace_callback("/<timeval=(\d+)>/","preg_timeformat",$text);
echo implode("\n", (array_reverse(explode ( "\n", $chatText ))));
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

W. Riker

arranka

forgive, I do not speak English, I speak Spanish
install chat nneonneo's Shoutbox
used as 755 and 777 permits each user of the forum run chmod
to have 500 users online permits and many are hosting collapses because spends a lot of ram, is automated and now I dropped to all permits to 644 including the forum

my site is very slow because it uses many permits
badwtih the ends very quickly
The automated program of hosting me change the permissions to 644 and my forum stops working

I recommend?

can you tell me how can I do to chat only be updated by pressing "F5"
modifacion can you tell me that I need to do so chatting only has 50 lines? where I have to change
can you tell me as I chat that is visible to visitors but could only write if they are registered in the forum

can you tell me the permissions of files and folders chat?

thank you very much, forgive not speak English

chek my web foroceleste.com

W. Riker

Is it possible to modify shoutbox somehow that it is visible only the 8 newest shouts on forum and not 12 as it is set in default?

hoo

i have problem, look there http://www.hhhoo.yoyo.pl/smf_1/ , shoutbox works right, but there shoutbox doesn't work http://hakov.ovh.org/smf_1/index.php , anyone knows how to repair it??

hoo

hmm now i haven't ....loading shoutbox.... , but blank screen in place where should be shoutbox....

nneonneo

@arranka: In your case, it looks like permissions aren't really the thing you need to worry about. If you have 500 users (online at the same time), then it is quite likely you will need a more powerful hosting system to handle the load.

@W. Riker: $max_lines, then /clear a few times to make the change take effect

@hoo: I can't see the shoutbox (not access yshout/yshout.php) at either location. Is it installed?
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

hoo

nneonneo, please see now http://hakov.ovh.org/smf_1/index.php, cause before i tried many times install and uninstall.

I read first post ,and in troubleshotting it was something with board dir,path, if it cause shoutbox doesn't appear, i don't know what to change, please help me.

nneonneo

hoo, look here (error 500): http://hakov.ovh.org/smf_1/yshout/yshout.php

Try the suggestions (making the file and directory permissions 705).
spammers here!

hoo

please can you go on msn i need fast to repair it, i gave now already permission to yshout.php and yshout (705)

W. Riker

Thanks nneonneo!  8)

EDIT:

Is it possible to change shoutbox somehow that shoutbox have permanent size (example: 5 centimeter in height) but that is visible last 20 shouts... by method scroll down  ???

k07

hey, can you help me? i get an error:

Notice: Undefined index: ID_POSTGROUP in /home/webXXX/html/XXX/yshout/yshout.php on line 230

Thank You!!

nneonneo

spammers here!

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Pills

hi im new to this, and i was wondering if it was possible to make it so that guest cant post in the shoutbox.

guidoku310

Hi nneonneo, i have a strange problem with your shoutbox...
I have installed it on my forum (hxxp:nintendo-meyf.eu/forum [nonactive]), on the theme Musiconica, with manual installation and it was ok, worked very fine,but after i have tried to change the position and the layout of it, it's disapeared!
Now with the code all in the right place, or maybe i think so, the shoutbox doesn't appear...
I have also tried with the default theme and in this case the shoutbox doesn't load, i can see only the 'shoutbox is loading...' notice

Dordt

Hiii I have smf 1.1.4 + TinyPortal v0.9.8

I have not history & refresh, sorry for my bad engish  :(
[nofollow]

madman71

Is there a way to turn off the timestamp in the shoutbox?
if so, what files do i need to edit?

also which file do i need to edit in order to make the shoutbox the size that i want.

I dont need the details, i just need to know which files to edit.

my search has failed me for these 2 questions.

thanks

Advertisement: