nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALEJO

i get this error wen try to install the smileys (im on smf 2.0)

someone can help? thx
solo el mas paranoico sobrevive

nneonneo

@Pills: set $allowGuestsPost to false in yshout/yshout.php

@guidoku310: I can't see any code related to the shoutbox except
// YSHOUT HERE document.getElementById("yshout").style.display = mode ? "none" : ""; if(!mode) { loadChat(); } // YSHOUT END
which shouldn't be there (it's for the default theme only).
The header section (with the JS includes and CSS) is missing, as is the actual shoutbox div.

@Prischy: Copy Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php as Modifications.<your language>.php.

@madman71: Of course. In yshout/yshout.php, to remove timestamps, you just have to make two changes:
preg_replace_callback("/<timeval=(\d+)>/","preg_timeformat",$chatText);
->
preg_replace_callback("/\[<timeval=(\d+)>\]/","preg_timeformat",$chatText);

return timeformat(intval($matches[1]));
->
return '';

As for font size/box size, try index.template.php or yshout-style.css; for # of lines, use $max_lines in yshout/yshout.php.

@ALEJO: I think you installed them incorrectly. Post the resulting code (which makes it not work)
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

W. Riker

Quote from: W. Riker on April 28, 2008, 07:53:22 PM
Is it possible to change shoutbox somehow that shoutbox have permanent size (example: 5 centimeter in height) but that is visible last 20 shouts... by method scroll down  ???

Is it possible or not?

nneonneo

Yes, simply fix the height in yshout-style.css or index.template.php, and set "overflow: auto".
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

_Anthony_

I can't get the membergroups working.
I want to make it so Global Moderators and Shoutbox moderator's can see and use the admin links.
I don't understand how to add membergroups though.

I tried like 10 things but nothing worked

guidoku310

Thank you nneonneo, now it work again!  ;D
So should i remove the code
// YSHOUT HERE document.getElementById("yshout").style.display = mode ? "none" : ""; if(!mode) { loadChat(); } // YSHOUT END
from index.template.php of my theme?
I have other questions:
1. How i can change the format of timestamp?
2. How i can change the format of shout messages?

nneonneo

Yes, best if you removed it.

Format of timestamp: this is controlled by your user preferences -- it's the same as the forum. If you change it, it will affect everyone. See preg_timeformat in yshout/yshout.php for more information.

As for the format, I'm not sure what you are referring to.
spammers here!

_Anthony_

I can't get the membergroups working.
I want to make it so Global Moderators and Shoutbox moderator's can see and use the admin links.
I don't understand how to add membergroups though.

I tried like 10 things but nothing worked

I'm using SMF2 BETA 3

nneonneo

You need to know the IDs of the groups, which you can get by observing the URL when you go to edit them.

Then, just plug those IDs into moderatorGroups.
spammers here!

W. Riker

Quote from: nneonneo on April 30, 2008, 04:11:37 PM
Yes, simply fix the height in yshout-style.css or index.template.php, and set "overflow: auto".

I couldn't fine this option in mentioned files. Can you please specify.  O:)

_Anthony_

Quote from: nneonneo on May 01, 2008, 12:16:05 AM
You need to know the IDs of the groups, which you can get by observing the URL when you go to edit them.

Then, just plug those IDs into moderatorGroups.
I know but when i try plugging them in it doesn't work

nneonneo

@W. Riker: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1221413#msg1221413

See after the "++++++" bar.

@MrMoney: $moderatorGroups=array(4, 7);
is the way to do it. If it still isn't working, I probably broke something :P
spammers here!

nneonneo

@MrMoney: OK, so it is my fault. I forgot that SMF2 changed a few variable names :P

I will post an updated version some time today.
spammers here!

_Anthony_

Oh ok i was like wtf?? Cause when i was using 1.1.4 i was able to change it. Ok i'll be looking out for the new version

www.SergioMora.net

I love the shout box and it works great but are there some real admin functions like I want to type more than the characters allowed by defualt. Is there a way to let people type more than it is set to? If so, where do I make these changes.
Thank you.
If and when I can help someone, I will. My information might not be accurate, so if anyone corrects me if I am wrong, I shall not be offended.

renkliforum

Hi,
i have any problem. i remove the "welcome guest" and "member login" in the index.template.php.

after that;

What can i doing?

renkliforum

Here is a screenshot from the (index.template.php) in editplus3.

is anything wrong?

_Anthony_

nneonneo fixed the smf2 glitch yet?

[unplugged]

Quote from: W. Riker on May 01, 2008, 02:58:29 PM
There is no

#yshout {

in my index.template.php   ::)

it's in your 'yshout-style.css' file.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Advertisement: