News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomaliDoc

I recently upgraded my smf 1.1.4 to smf 1.1.5 and installed 2 mods (pretty urls & googlebot).

Now I am having an error in the status bar of my browser saying: done, but with errors on page
When I click on the error icon it says:

Line: 23
Char: 2
Error: 'domfunction' is undefined
Code:0

I am using nneonneo shoutbox 1.04, & I think it caused the problem & I needed to uninstall it to get the latest one (1.15), but unfortunately in modifcation backage no uninstall link for the shoutbox, it only shows "list files" and "delete" link.

my questiosns are: how I can fix this problem? & How can I uninstall this old version to get the last one? because updating is for 1.14 and above.

Thanks in advance

nneonneo

To uninstall, you should remove the three blocks of code between // YSHOUT HERE and // YSHOUT END in index.template.php, then delete the yshout folder.

If the error persists, try disabling pretty URLs and/or search engine URLs.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

bradymac

How would I go about deleting the Extended History of the Shout Box?  Also, about how long should I go until deleting the Extended History?  The more extended history, the heavier load on the server?

SomaliDoc

Quote from: nneonneo on June 02, 2008, 07:57:46 PM
To uninstall, you should remove the three blocks of code between // YSHOUT HERE and // YSHOUT END in index.template.php, then delete the yshout folder.

If the error persists, try disabling pretty URLs and/or search engine URLs.

I did that and the error disappeared then installed shoutbox 1.15 but it shows only blank window. [even it doesn't show if it's loading or not]

I am using dilber theme

my shotbox located inside the shirinkable header.

pumpituplive

Very Ver thnanks my shoutbox is run.

but one question more.

For change size character? where is the code?

Saludos!!
Pump It Up, Kpop, Hoy Wings, Beer & Novia, es la Vida (h)

[unplugged]

Find
#yshout {
font-size: 10px;
font-style: normal;
font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, san-serif;
}

in yshout.css (or possibly in index.template.php). Change the 10px to a size of your liking. Enjoy.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

nneonneo

@bradymac: Just delete or archive yshout/chats/history.home.txt.

@SomaliDoc: Any errors during installation? Have you copied the Modifications.english.php file to the right language?
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

ameo

nneonneo, you rule! everything is good now :)

ummm...

always one more thing - this has probably been asked before, but how do i change how much posts shall be displayed?
i actually want more previous posts to be seen.

thanx in advance.
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

nneonneo

spammers here!

sorosh1

nneonneo please help me! :'(

I saw today this post: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1534963#msg1534963
And i wanted to know the new header only accept html not php. How can i add this go to the news header, so it show like like php (html doesnt show good):

// YSHOUT HERE
echo '
<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />
<div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>
                                                        <div class="smalltext" style="padding-left:25px;"><a href="javascript:collapse1.slidedown()">Open Smiley</a> | <a href="javascript:collapse1.slideup()">Close</a>'; require('mymod/smiley.php'); loadSmileys(); echo ' <div id="smiley_pic">'; printSmileys('shout_form','shout_text'); echo ' </div> <script type="text/javascript"> //Syntax: var uniquevar=new animatedcollapse("DIV_id", animatetime_milisec, enablepersist(true/fase), [initialstate] ) var collapse1=new animatedcollapse("smiley_pic", 1000, false) </script> </div>';
// YSHOUT END

Thanks

vkterminal

Hello all.
I used the shoutbox for the 1.1.4 version with no problems.

I install yshout for 1.1.5 version and I get the following error.

The yshout is working fine, but I don't see the text for the shout (I only see the grey box) and also I don't see the upper links (History, etc...)

I only modified the index.template.php
Should I modify the language ones? Because you mention they are not needed for the mod to work.

Thanking you in advance for your help

nneonneo

@sorosh1: If the new news header only accepts HTML, you should use
<div id="yshout">Loading shoutbox...</div>
but smileys will not work because they need PHP to run (though if you use only one theme, I suppose you could *hard-code* the smileys HTML...probably not the best idea though...

@vkterminal: Yes, Modifications.<language>.php needs to be fixed (not sure what the problem is, but I will certainly have to check...)

@SunKing/MrMoney: I haven't posted the modified shoutbox yet because you said you were going to add a few new features, but if you want me to post the one that you've already released, that's fine too.
spammers here!

jossanaijr

Quote from: vkterminal on June 04, 2008, 10:39:37 AM
Hello all.
I used the shoutbox for the 1.1.4 version with no problems.

I install yshout for 1.1.5 version and I get the following error.

The yshout is working fine, but I don't see the text for the shout (I only see the grey box) and also I don't see the upper links (History, etc...)

I only modified the index.template.php
Should I modify the language ones? Because you mention they are not needed for the mod to work.

Thanking you in advance for your help
This is still my problem.

sorosh1

Quote from: nneonneo on June 04, 2008, 11:50:21 AM
@sorosh1: If the new news header only accepts HTML, you should use
<div id="yshout">Loading shoutbox...</div>
but smileys will not work because they need PHP to run (though if you use only one theme, I suppose you could *hard-code* the smileys HTML...probably not the best idea though...

Thanks for your help.

_Anthony_

Quote from: nneonneo on June 04, 2008, 11:50:21 AM

@SunKing/MrMoney: I haven't posted the modified shoutbox yet because you said you were going to add a few new features, but if you want me to post the one that you've already released, that's fine too.
Go ahead and release that one.
We will update a mod package every now and then ;)

LinK187

Hi there, since I've installed the shoutbox all ie users get insane lag or the page never loads. Firefox users have no problem. Don't lecture me on how everyone should use firefox, because well, I agree  8) However a number of my users don't believe so and use IE. Do you know what causes it? Code in the mod? An option(s) in ie? Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

_Anthony_

IE just is a very laggy web browser.
Block them if they are using IE
and make them use ff or opera or something

LinK187

Like I said. I would like a solution, not IE bashing. As far as I can tell IE works the same as FireFox for me on every website except my own, and only after installing the shoutbox. So please, constructive feedback please.

[unplugged]

IE has really been awfully bogged down lately, and on many different sites. I noticed when on my forum, IE seemed to have to download each image every time I visited a page, instead of caching them like normal. The shoutbox isn't image-laden, so I don't suspect it to be the root of my IE lagging. It may just be coincidence that MS's latest upgrade to IE and your installing the shoutbox happened around the same time. You may check some of the cache options in IE. Maybe not the perfect answer  :P but a starting point anyway.....

I have had the shoutbox installed for a while now, and it ran great under all 4 major browsers. But, like I said, recently, IE just takes forever to load a page. Firefox, Opera, and Safari don't have any problems.

And if worse came to worse, you could always gently ignore the shoutbox in IE (at least until a better solution is found) and only have it show to other browsers while still allowing ALL of your members access to your site. You don't have to ban anyone just because they use IE.  ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

LinK187

I doubt it has anything to do with cache. It's something in how ie processes the site as a whole. Almost like the coding in the mod overloads ie somehow.

How would I descriminate ie users from other browser users, and furthermore how would I make the shoutbox load/not load based on the browser the user is using. I also have only tested with ie7, I have not tested in ie6.

Advertisement: