News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nequil

ok works.

I need help with this:

1. I want insert <br> on the reds lines to separate parts of shoutbox.
where and how i can do this ?

before modification:

after modification:

2. I would like to shoutbox was on the left side.

3. And deleting emots/smileys in shoutbox.

[unplugged]

Quote from: trekkie2444 on July 24, 2008, 06:11:26 AM
I already attached my index.template. Twice.

I try to help people with this mod simply because I think it is a great mod. I do this in my free time. I am not about to search through these posts to look up your index.template.php to make your changes for you regardless of how many times you have attached it. I will be more than happy to make the edits for you provided you attach your index.template.php to your next post.  ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

[unplugged]

@*JENNY*

First, welcome to SMF!

Next, generally that parse error indicates a missing echo' in front of the "<" in question. It also generally means you will be missing the ending '; as well.

What theme are you using, what version of SMF, and what version of the ShoutBox?
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

nneonneo

@Nequil: Please don't be impatient; I see you already reposted your question.
1) Edit yshout.php, and put those breaks in where you want them. Alternately, you can use CSS to put a margin on #shouts, which will also give the same spacing effect.
2) Add text-align:left; to #yshout in the CSS.
3) I don't understand this question. If you want to eliminate emotes from being posted, you can try passing an extra parameter "false" to parse_bbc, which should prevent smileys from being parsed.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

*JENNY*

Thank you so much replying !!
theme: Aa New Damage
Shoutbox: nneonneo's AJAX shoutbox v 1.15
SMF: 1.1.5

[unplugged]

I think I have already added ShoutBox to that theme once before.  :D
If you will attach your index.template.php, I can see about making the necessary changes for you.

*JENNY*

Thanks if there is anything wrong we the way  i attached ut please let me know how can i do it....Thanx once again..!!

[unplugged]

You were missing quite a bit of code from the very beginning of your index.template.php.  :P

Just replace what you attached with what I have attached. That should fix things right up.  :)

*JENNY*

Thank you ....so much!! I'll let you know if it worked!!

Sorry ...did u attahced the yshout?

[unplugged]

All I attached was a corrected version of the code you had previously attached. You should be able to replace your old code with the new code I provided and then reinstall shoutbox normally (since you had uninstalled it). Sorry for not being clear.  :D

*JENNY*

Oh no it's okay... I really appreciated ...alot!! Our users our asking us what happened w/ the shoutbox......thats kind of unpatient...Thank you!!

vast

@nneonneo:
I've got a question...

Situation:
Installed SB_1.20, smf 1.1.5 is using a non-default theme, so I applied the changes as mentions to index.template.php etc. Everything is working fine besides one thing which has worked with versions before 1.20. Guests are not allowed to use the shoutbox and i dont know why.
i searched the settings.php for an option to allow guests which are not logged in to SMF to see the shoutbox, but there is no setting.
the only settings I found was the auto-choose-nickname settings and the allowguest-commands setting.. still nothing found which would enables guests to chat again.
all the guests see in the chatarea directly after loading the shoutbox: "sorry, you are not logged in!"

is there a missing setting in settings.php? or some code snipped which is in the wrong place? or maybe some bug in 1.20.?

thanx in advance for having a look at this issue!

EDIT:
found in yshout.php from an OLD shoutbox version the following:

// Guest usage. Set to false if you don't want guests to use the shoutbox: they will not be able to read it or post to it.
$allowGuests=true;

Now I've tried to copy these lines to the settings.php of the sb_1.20 version, without any changes.. still no guests allowed to chat. how comes these setting is missing in 1.20?

[unplugged]

All of the "allows" are now located in SMF's permissions system. Go into permissions for Guests and check which options (there are 3) you want to allow them.

vast

Thanx SunKing for the quick response..

I've got a look at the guest permissions system of smf. I found three checkboxes with no text before, I think these have to be the shoutbox settings.. as I'm not using the default theme, there is some text missing.. (and I didn't find some code to add to let the settings show up in non-default themes).. I'm going to switch to default theme just to figure out what checkboxes are for which setting - then switch back.

EDIT:

same problem with default-theme, no text before those checkboxes.. BUT when all 3 checked, shoutbox is working well with guests. so above problem solved.. I'm just curious what I've checked right now...

nneonneo

You've checked
*View shoutbox
*Post in shoutbox
*Moderate shoutbox

You may wish to uncheck the last one (unless you want guests to be able to ban and delete...)

P.S. your language files are broken. I've tried to test for it, but I didn't do a good enough job; next version will try harder :P
You just have to copy Modifications.english.php in Themes/default/languages to Modifications.<yourlanguage>.php. If Modifications.english.php doesn't have the shoutbox texts, you can try this link under "No text?"
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

trekkie2444

dboyz

i'm succesfully install nneonneo shoutbox.. but next hours my site its gone closed by hosting couse to many process.. damn hosting.

allymcbeal

Hi, sorry again I can't fix it, with the border. Can you show me where I have to write the code? Please :)
Here
[table] [tr] [td]// YSHOUT HERE - <head> code
global $boardurl,$shoutFile;
$shoutFile='home';
$scripturlparsed = parse_url($scripturl);
$scriptpath=isset($scripturlparsed['path'])?$scripturlparsed['path']:'/';
echo '
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/behaviour.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/domFunction.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/settings.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var myfunc = new domFunction(function()
{
loadChat();
}, { "yshout":"id"});
var shoutFile="',$shoutFile,'";
var yshout_php="',$scriptpath,'?yshout";
</script>
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?June102008" type="text/javascript"></script>
<style type="text/css">
#yshout #shouts {
overflow: auto;
width: 470px; /* the width you want to display */
height: 110px; /* the height you want to display */
}

#yshout {
font-size: 13px;
overflow: hidden;

}
#yshout #yshout-toollinks { /* tool links (History, Commands, etc.) */
}
#yshout #shouts { /* main shouts area */
color: #373ea9;
}
#yshout .shout { /* one shout */
margin: 1 0 0; /* Top Bottom Linespacing */
line-height: 1,5;
}
#yshout .shout-timestamp {
font-style: normal;
font-weight: normal;
color: #f1196a;
}
#yshout .shout-adminlinks { /* del and ban buttons */
font-size: 4pt;
color: #cd26b7;

}
#yshout #shout-form {
margin: 1;
padding: 1;

}
#yshout #shout-form fieldset {
border: -;
}
#yshout #forum-name {
color: #373437;
width: 70px;
margin-right: 5px;
}
#yshout #shout-text {
color: #0f28a3;
width: 310px;
margin-right: 5px;
}
#yshout #shout-button {
width: 50px;
}
#yshout .shout-invalid { /* invalid shout (shout textbox) */
background: #FFFDD1;
}

</style>';
// YSHOUT END - <head> code[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Or Here?

[table] [tr] [td]// YSHOUT HERE - shoutbox code

global $txt,$context,$boarddir;
if(allowedTo('yshout_view'))
{
echo '<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />';
echo '<div id="yshout">';
include_once($boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php');
echo '</div>
<div class="smalltext" style="padding-left:25px;"><a href="javascript:collapse1.slidedown()">Open Smiley</a> | <a href="javascript:collapse1.slideup()">Close</a>';
require('mymod/smiley.php');
loadSmileys();
echo '
<div id="smiley_pic">';
printSmileys('shout_form','shout_text');
echo '
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
//Syntax: var uniquevar=new animatedcollapse("DIV_id", animatetime_milisec, enablepersist(true/fase), [initialstate] )
var collapse1=new animatedcollapse("smiley_pic", 1000, false)
</script>
</div>

';
}
elseif($context['user']['is_guest'])
echo $txt['yshout_no_guests'];
// YSHOUT END - shoutbox code
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Nequil

Quote from: nneonneo on July 24, 2008, 05:10:08 PM
@Nequil: Please don't be impatient; I see you already reposted your question.
1) Edit yshout.php, and put those breaks in where you want them. Alternately, you can use CSS to put a margin on #shouts, which will also give the same spacing effect.
2) Add text-align:left; to #yshout in the CSS.
3) I don't understand this question. If you want to eliminate emotes from being posted, you can try passing an extra parameter "false" to parse_bbc, which should prevent smileys from being parsed.

Nothing doesn't work!
1. i added <br>  but nothing has happened.
2. wiich the line? I have to add?
3. deleting all emots [schema: emot :) ----> : )]

I used this:
QuoteInstallation to the news header: see http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1534963#msg1534963

Attach -->

vast

Quote from: nneonneo on July 24, 2008, 11:41:03 PM
You've checked
*View shoutbox
*Post in shoutbox
*Moderate shoutbox

You may wish to uncheck the last one (unless you want guests to be able to ban and delete...)

P.S. your language files are broken. I've tried to test for it, but I didn't do a good enough job; next version will try harder :P
You just have to copy Modifications.english.php in Themes/default/languages to Modifications.<yourlanguage>.php. If Modifications.english.php doesn't have the shoutbox texts, you can try this link under "No text?"

thx nneonneo,

I have added the // permission lines to the language file of my theme and voila, the text before the checkboxes is there..
(of course unchecked mod privileges for guests in the meanwhile heh..)

Advertisement: