News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitochondria

How to move the sbox location to the bottom part of the forum, im using 1.20 version in my SMF 1.1.5  ???

;)

Nequil

@nneonneo

my problem:
Shoutbox is available only for administrators and I want to be accessible for all.
Huh?

[unplugged]

@mitochondria

If you attach your index.template.php and tell me exactly where you want it (like in the Info Center) or whatever, I will gladly edit it for you.

@Nequil

You need to go into SMF's permissions and then into each membergroup and set the permissions there.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Nequil

I'm silly :d all works thanks ;)

[unplugged]

Not at all a problem. Glad it works for you. :D
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mitochondria

Quote from: SunKing on July 25, 2008, 11:36:19 PM
@mitochondria

If you attach your index.template.php and tell me exactly where you want it (like in the Info Center) or whatever, I will gladly edit it for you.

im still use the default theme for now and perhaps the sbox can be put into info center :D

;)

[unplugged]

I'll till need th index.template.php attached to make the changes.  ;D

mitochondria

@sunking
thx bro for helping, but finally i choose to install the sbox inside TP using "shoutbox code". Can i get the sbox display on my TP which is similiar with the TPshoutbox with its scrollbar :)

;)

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: nneonneo on July 25, 2008, 08:39:29 PM
I don't get those errors with SMF's package parser (via the Submit button at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=585); try that.

I acctually did it via those things but my sbox got misplaced now and also that the macro doesnt show the name, it just shows a blank button.

here is the screen print for it..

++STi++

Has anyone tweaked the shoutbox to only appear on the main page of the forum (page that lists all the boards)? I want to eliminate the box showing up on every page. Thanks!

nneonneo

@mitochondria: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=585#post_tips, under "Installing to TinyPortal"

@optimushunk: Have you checked the permissions? Also, is it installed in a guest-only section of the index.template.php (i.e. a section within if($context['user']['is_guest']))?

@++STi++: It's pretty easy to do.
Change
global $txt,$context,$boarddir;
if(allowedTo('yshout_view'))
{
echo '<div id="yshout">';
include_once($boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php');
echo '</div>';
}
elseif($context['user']['is_guest'])
echo $txt['yshout_no_guests'];
[code]global $txt,$context,$boarddir,$topic,$board;
if(empty($_REQUEST['action']) && empty($topic) && empty($board))
{
{
echo '</div>';
}
}
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

HostDash

Is there a way we could have this under news section? i dont really like it right at top..

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

do you mean this code ???

// YSHOUT HERE - shoutbox code
global $txt,$context,$boarddir;
{
echo '<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />';
echo '</div>';
}
// YSHOUT END - shoutbox code

Sorry I acctually have no idea.. I am trying to figure it out.. can you please tell  me which file shoudl it be in ??

Thanks..

sunnydsl

File error (writeLine); aborted

i installed the shoutbox manually in 2.0 beta 3.1 and whn i click on shout button i get the above error
can u plz help me

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Well all other things solved... no problem now with anything.. .:)

Just this tiny miny problem...

something weird but i think sbox should be all stretched and acctually under that place check out the image..

So whats the solution..

Thanks..

nneonneo

@alex clone: Move the "shoutbox code" in index.template.php.

@sunnydsl: Using FTP, chmod the chats folder to 755 or 777 and the files to 644 or 666.

@optimushunk: Depends on the theme. Post index.template.php, and I'll see.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

index.template.php attached,,, kindly check

Thanks for helping...

nneonneo

spammers here!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

yep it works.. can u do a section break..??? please

thanks...

mitochondria

Quote from: nneonneo on July 26, 2008, 12:11:18 PM
@mitochondria: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=585#post_tips, under "Installing to TinyPortal"

yeah its working, im succeed to put sbox into my TP in right block but i dont like the display. Can i get the sbox display that is similiar with TPsbox with its scrollbar...

;)

Advertisement: