News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trekkie2444

[unplugged]

It centered the shoutbox and left-aligned the text on my test site using your index.template.php. If you could maybe PM me a link to your site (and insure guests can see the shoutbox - that's all I should need to see what's wrong) then we will get this figured out for you once and for all. ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mitochondria

Quote from: SunKing on July 25, 2008, 11:36:19 PM
@mitochondria

If you attach your index.template.php and tell me exactly where you want it (like in the Info Center) or whatever, I will gladly edit it for you.

this is my index.template.php  :)

[unplugged]

The shoutbox is already added to that index.template.php. :)

As far as adding (or changing) it in TinyPortal, I cannot make those edits as I do not have access to TP (I am currently running SMF 2.0). The css can be edited easily to change the way the shoutbox appears, even in TinyPortal.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mitochondria

Quote from: SunKing on July 27, 2008, 02:23:29 AM
The shoutbox is already added to that index.template.php. :)

i wanna to move the shoutbox to the lower section which is in the info center, would you like to help me out?

;)

[unplugged]

That I can do!  :D

EDIT: I will need you to attach your BoardIndex.template.php. I think I will need that for the InfoCenter edit. :)

mitochondria

[unplugged]

OK....the location is where you had asked. ;)
But I could not get it to shout....however, I think this is a problem on my end. My test site is apparently worn out.  :P

Furthermore, you can change the placement of the shoutbox (within the BoardIndex.template.php) simply by moving

// Shoutbox here
      shoutbox();

to whatever location you would prefer. I just added it to the top of the info center.

DistantJ

What'd be nice would be if I could set this to not appear anywhere on the actual forum, but be showable via SSI.php. That way we could have a shoutbox on our main site, which can be written in only by logged in forum members.

FullDraw

I screwed up trying to upgrade to 1.20....I had 1.1.3 working fine but when I went to uninstall it I DELETED IT INSTEAD. Now 1.20 won't install over it. How do I get rid of 1.1.3 now? it still shows in the list of packages but of course if I try to uninstall it it's not available.

I am running 1.1.5 w/ the balck 45 theme with these other mods

1.     SMF Trader System      1.1      
2.    Auto Embed Video Clips    2.1.2
3.    Avatar Under Membergroups Rank    1.1b
4.    Simple ImageShack    2.0.3    
5.    Ad Managment    2.3
6.    SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update    1.0
7.    Board Viewers Mod    1.2    
8.    Global Headers Footers

mitochondria

Quote from: SunKing on July 27, 2008, 03:37:48 AM
OK....the location is where you had asked. ;)
But I could not get it to shout....however, I think this is a problem on my end. My test site is apparently worn out.  :P

Furthermore, you can change the placement of the shoutbox (within the BoardIndex.template.php) simply by moving

// Shoutbox here

shoutbox();

to whatever location you would prefer. I just added it to the top of the info center.

ok thx. ill try it :)

;)

assam_siddibapa

I installed this shout box on SMF1.1.5
And added the load code in the descrition .. but it didnt load ......

I wnt the shout box look like a catogary..

ccbtimewiz

Quote from: assam_siddibapa on July 27, 2008, 09:41:49 AM
I installed this shout box on SMF1.1.5
And added the load code in the descrition .. but it didnt load ......

I wnt the shout box look like a catogary..

How'd you do it? Can you show us your index.template.php?

nneonneo

@DistantJ: In a way, this is achieved by /yshout/, which shows a standalone shoutbox. You can use the code to implement the shoutbox anywhere it is necessary (see yshout/index.php)

@FullDraw: Upload 1.13 again (it's on the mod page). If that doesn't work, manually uninstall it by reversing the package installation (use the package parser).
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

FullDraw

Well I tried installing 1.1.3 again and this is the message I got:

This package is already installed, and no upgrade was found!

You should uninstall the old version first to avoid problems, or ask the author to create an upgrade from your old version.

Please remember to always make regular backups of your sources and database before installing mods, especially beta versions.

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I'm afraid I don't know where to start for the reversal

nneonneo

Try this modified package. I just edited it to allow it to be uninstalled on 1.1.5.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

FullDraw

Quote from: nneonneo on July 27, 2008, 05:41:52 PM
Try this modified package. I just edited it to allow it to be uninstalled on 1.1.5.

Same message as before...

This package is already installed, and no upgrade was found!

You should uninstall the old version first to avoid problems, or ask the author to create an upgrade from your old version.

nneonneo

Did you delete the old 1.13 package, upload the one I posted, uninstall it, then apply 1.20?

If you still can't get it, try this: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse&attach=51432&smf_version=1.1.4&mod=585. It describes the steps to apply the mod; run them in reverse to remove the mod manually, then backup Packages/installed.list and remove the mod from that file to "uninstall" it.
spammers here!

assam_siddibapa

You can see the code in my index.template.php ...... and i added the loading code (where i add it it load there )that  code i put it in the decreption box of one catogary.

As i say some other forum havive that as u can see it in my second attachment

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

where is the function for the display of username ? I need to make it bold in there.

Advertisement: