nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rEvOhSaLf

Quote from: nneonneo on April 18, 2007, 07:04:07 PM

@rEvOhSaLf: Weird. Send me a link to your forum and a username/password (or I can sign up myself) and I will take a look!

Hi,

User: nneonneo
Pass: nneonneo
hxxp:bde.istase.com/forum [nonactive]

Very thanks ;)

jtonyj

I Install it and then uninstalled it, but this screen stays, (I am not a programmer or a developer.)  Can someone please help me.   Thanks

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
Total time logged in: 1 days, 11 hours and 32 minutes.

Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

There are currently 0" users in chat

nneonneo

@jtonyj:
1) Are you using the default theme?
2) Did you edit the file at all?
3) Were there any errors during uninstall?

@JSizzal: PM me the index.template.php
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

JohnnyMcKinney

Hey nevermind. I don't need to only allow the [IMG] tag to just admins anymore that trend kind of died down. I do need a favor though. Is it possible to display the shouts from newest to old instead of oldest to new?

brianjw

FEATURE POSSIBLE FOR NEXT VERSION
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The ability for members to be allowed to delete there own shouts. Or maybe something in yshout.php to choose which member groups to allow to delete there own shouts. Admin is included no matter what is on the array. ;)

nneonneo

@Johnny: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg931355#msg931355
In yshout/yshout.php, find the readChat function and change
$chatText = file_get_contents($chatPath)
to
$chatText = implode('',array_reverse(file($chatPath)));
and the chats should be reversed.

@brianjw: Since I am presently using a "dumb" regular expression to add delete links, it will take some work. Thanks for the idea, though.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

crazyASD

Hi! I`m manually install shoutbox on my local machine - it`s work fine!
I`m manually install on my site - this not work! What a hell? On my site I`m see an empty area and nothing more!
Well i`m try to enable debug mode - errors not shown...
Please help!

crazyASD

Localhost screenshot
2. Srever screenshot

nneonneo

Try going to http://domain.com/path/to/forum/yshout/yshout.php and see what shows up. If it shows a blank page, the language modifications aren't installed (you'll have to copy Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php to Themes/default/languages/Modifications.<language>.php). If any errors show up, post them. If it just says "Nothing to do" then check the error logs in the web server, though by all indications it should work.

If none of that helps, give me a link to the forum.
spammers here!

JSizzal

Wow MAN THANKS A LOT!!!

OMG

IM IN SHOCK

crazyASD

Yes, my language is not been correctly installed - i`m do it and now see:
http://softmachine.ru/forum/index.php [nofollow] Shoutbox shows!
http://softmachine.ru/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,174/ [nofollow] (Wrapped SMF into joomla) Shoutbox gives ...loading shoutbox... and won`t shows!
In my localhost both works fine!
Please help me!!

brianjw

This has been a known problem for this shoutbox [in JOOMLA]
You will have to do without or with another until if/when its fixed.
REMEMBER: Browse the topic before posting your bug, error, or problem. Or Use the SEARCH! :D

nneonneo

@crazyASD: I think this is because you do not have the shoutbox properly installed into the Joomla theme.
Since I have never used the Joomla bridge, would it be possible to PM or upload the template file for Joomla (I am not familiar with the Joomla mod, so I don't know which one that is!). There is a section which must be added to allow the shoutbox to load.

If you added the mod to the theme yourself, then post/PM/upload whichever file you edited. The JS+CSS section is missing from the header.

Hint: If you name a file .phps in the webserver, the PHP source will be shown, so it is not hard to upload it (copy the file to <name>.phps and PM me the link)
spammers here!

Tick

This is probably been mentioned before in this thread but as time is of the essence I did not have time to look through all 39 pages for this.  My regular members are seeing everyones ip address in the shout box.  Is there a way to hide this or is this a bug?

Tick

Anyone having this issue with members being able to see the ip's of other members?

JohnnyMcKinney

Thanks nneonneo my shoutbox is now reversed TY!

nneonneo

@tick: With older versions of the shoutbox (1.04 and before, I think) the IPs were shown to all members. With the inclusion of guests, time-parsing and the delete/ban links, I have changed it so only admins can see the IPs (mouse over the time stamp to see it); all other members get "1177156894 | logged" instead (admin will see 1177156894 | 1.2.3.4). So, if your regular members can see it and you are using 1.06, then there is a problem.

@JohnnyMcKinney: was that a question?
spammers here!

Tick

Ok I see nneonneo.  I am actually doing some clean up work on a friends forum and I see know he is running the older version of the shout box.  I will update asap

JSizzal

Thats for helping me last time, now im working with the Amber theme and the shoutbox is cramped up near the right side, any way to put it back up top again, thanks, ive sent my index.template also..

brianjw

I need help. The shoutbox is giving me this error and wont stop...
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tp_loadtheme() in /home/content/b/j/w/bjwilson/html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 1141

PLEASE HELP :)
Brianjw

Advertisement: