nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psynx

it refreshes and messages will temporary disappear for seconds...that is not good.

[unplugged]

Try this index.template.php. And I'll start on adding it to the portal block.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

mraspy

It appears as the shoutbox is installed correctly, however after the first text entry is made, the input field, usersname field and 'shout' button disappear. I am thinking a carriage return should be inserted in the code somewhere so these items are below the output messages and I haven't a clue where or otherwise put it. If in fact that is the answer. I'm not a developer. Please help.
Top of page on left at
http://glendive-mt.net/SMF20/index.php [nofollow]

[unplugged]

Having a quick glance at that site, I think it's actually where you have the block of code (that calls the shoutbox) located in the index.template.php. If you would like, you can create a temp admin account there and I can straighten it out for you. Just PM me the details if you would like to do this. I also understand if you'd rather not. ;) I don't get offended at that.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Boby_

Quote from: Boby_ on January 21, 2010, 05:37:48 AM
One more problem - for some reason there is an error when function unloadChat() is called - "request is null or not an object" or something like this.  Because of this the chat cannot be uploaded and this causes problems with forum's connection to the database.

Any ideas about this problem? It makes the shoutbox virtually unusable.

Mick.

Is this mod membergroup based? :-\

[unplugged]

@Boby_
Let me know if that has indeed solved your problems.

@BlueDevil
Through the use of permissions, yes.

mraspy

Quote from: SunKing on January 23, 2010, 01:22:44 PM
Having a quick glance at that site, I think it's actually where you have the block of code (that calls the shoutbox) located in the index.template.php. If you would like, you can create a temp admin account there and I can straighten it out for you. Just PM me the details if you would like to do this. I also understand if you'd rather not. ;) I don't get offended at that.

Thanks for the tip SunKing; I think I finally got it using your suggestion.

[unplugged]

Mick.

cdx1

hi one of my mods banned me from shout by mistake how do i unban myself?

thanks

EDIT: it's ok now i have found a file with the banlist on it and removed my name.  It would be good if there was a way to make admin unbanable

synicfan

Hi,

I noticed there are some issues with SMF 2.0 RC2.
does anyone know if the bugs have been fixed?
Is it ok to install the latest shoutbox with RC2?

thank you!

herohenson

how can i put a neoneo shoutbox here? this is a blackday theme help me thanks

kichu

Using SMF 1.1.11 & Tinyportal v1.0 beta 4

Installed nneonneo shoutbox and added smiley bar

When i try to delete shout .. giving error :

Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

Please Fix it

synicfan

HELLO????
is anyone supporting this?

Im wondering if this is safe to use on RC2.
can anyone verify this?

Quote from: synicfan on January 29, 2010, 04:07:31 PM
Hi,

I noticed there are some issues with SMF 2.0 RC2.
does anyone know if the bugs have been fixed?
Is it ok to install the latest shoutbox with RC2?

thank you!

rebus

is there any way to make the shoutbox visible in the forum index only?

[unplugged]

@rebus

Add the block of code that would normally go right around the menu in your index.template.php to the top of the BoardIndex.template.php just above the news section. You may have to play around with the alignment of the shoutbox a little bit, but that will get you very close.

rebus

Quote from: SunKing on February 02, 2010, 03:29:29 PM
@rebus

Add the block of code that would normally go right around the menu in your index.template.php to the top of the BoardIndex.template.php just above the news section. You may have to play around with the alignment of the shoutbox a little bit, but that will get you very close.

Great suggestion, SunKing, thanks a lot!  :)

4T3IG0

Quote from: ameo on November 10, 2009, 10:23:19 AM
In SMF RC2 shoutbox is working well.
Problem is in installation, I believe.
Apparently, when installing code for display of shoutbox doesn't install in index.template.php

So, let's say you wanna install in default theme - Curve. You need to install shoutbox, as usually,
and you need to open index.template. php and in 3.rd box from bottom, just before last bracket,
you need to insert code for display

// YSHOUT HERE - shoutbox code
      echo '
                     <br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>';
      // YSHOUT END - shoutbox code

Then shoutbox will display, and don't forget to change permissions for each membergroup so it could display for them too.

If you need to see it to believe it see it here: The X WEB

Hi

Does it work with SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal?

I try it, and when I Shout at Forum it goes to Home and no Shout apears.

Tnks in advance. 

Boby_

Quote from: SunKing on January 27, 2010, 10:45:21 AM
@Boby_
Let me know if that has indeed solved your problems.

No. It haven't. I still have MySQL connection problems when shoutbox is active and the forum has a lot of visitors.

Advertisement: