News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markco

Sorry, I use the on-line translator ("Reverso") French / English

nneonneo

Can you please describe *what* is wrong?
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Markco

I say that with this modification:
Quoteecho '<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />';
to
echo '<br clear="all" /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />';
that changes nothing the problem the shootbox always appears incorrectly, as in screen shot of this post:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg3105232#msg3105232
Sorry, I use the on-line translator ("Reverso") French / English

nneonneo

All I see is misplaced "Shout Box" text, which is fixed by this. Are you saying something else is wrong in that picture? If so, I can't see it.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

bruce86

installed but not seen, permits?

smokin frenzy

UPDATE: Doesnt matter now!

PLAYBOY

just installed. i dont see anything. Not a shoutbox, or sections in admin panel... but there are options for each membergroups.
How can i see this shoutbox?

PLAYBOY

- Turkish translation is too old.
- Had to do manual edits to install.
- There is no directions after installation.
- Couldnt find the options nor the shoutbox evenafter setting the permissions. I couldnt see anything about the shoutbox other than the options in permissions page.

Uninstalled. Looking/waiting for a better shoutbox/chat mod.

imburner

Installed 1.1.2b on a 1.1.14 and it tells me its for the wrong version.. So I uninstalled and tried the 1.1.2 and it says the same thing. I am assuming I put something in the database or edited a file when i did that? Can you tell me what to change so I can try to reinstall the 1.1.2?

Thanks!

nneonneo

@bruce86, PLAYBOY: What theme are you using?

@imburner: Version was incorrect in the package; this has been corrected. Download 1.22b again and try it.
spammers here!

nneonneo

You have to perform a manual installation to themes other than Core and Curve. See Installation to Other Themes for details.
spammers here!

nneonneo

@PLAYBOY: I also apologize for the out-of-date Turkish translation. I welcome updates.

The new strings are:

$txt['yshout_no_posting'] = 'Sorry, you cannot post to the shoutbox.';
$txt['yshout_smilies'] = "Smilies";
// Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_yshout'] = 'Shoutbox';
$txt['permissionname_yshout_view'] = 'View shoutbox';
$txt['permissionname_yshout_post'] = 'Post in shoutbox';
$txt['permissionname_yshout_moderate'] = 'Moderate shoutbox';
$txt['permissionhelp_yshout_view'] = 'This permission allows access to the shoutbox. If it is enabled, users will see the shoutbox and the chats in it.';
$txt['permissionhelp_yshout_post'] = 'This permission allows users to post messages to the shoutbox. If it is disabled, users cannot enter any messages.';
$txt['permissionhelp_yshout_moderate'] = 'If this permission is set, users will be allowed to moderate the shoutbox -- deleting, banning and clearing among other features.';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_yshout'] = 'Shoutbox';

If these strings are translated, I can update the Turkish translation to 1.22.
spammers here!

PLAYBOY

Its ok. I dont need the support anymore. I uninstalled the mod already.
Right now im trying "SMFPacks Shoutbox"
They are very very good with only one major issue of IE compability. If they fix that pretty soon then i ll get that. Otherwise i may just come back here.
Thx anyways.

imburner

So this was a error in the version I took last night?? Should I download the b for my 1.1.14? I did both last night and they didnt work.

nneonneo

I uploaded a fixed one a few hours ago.
spammers here!

dadyoh

Hi nneonneo, I've been using your wonderful plugin for a 2 years now but only recently I've encountered problems after upgrading from 1.4 (? forgot) to 2.0. It seems some members can't post anything. Check out this screenshot:

even more troubling, one of my full administrator (with all access) cant even post. the problem is not faced by any particular group but across all groups but randomly.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

rufen

Hello nneonneo!

I still have a weird looking shoutbox in curve even if I downloaded the package today.

it looks awful :(

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-VRWph8TYHwc/TjhUz1rZPnI/AAAAAAAAEL4/64wgyX-eCWA/s1152/shoutbox.jpg

nubieteky

Hi nneonneo, thanks for wonderful chatbox, i use it for 7 mos now and it drive lot of traffic on my site

i like to have a dispaly of smileys on my chat box i read some instructions but seem's all greek to me.

i hope you could help, i attached my "index.template.php"

my site is http://uploadingtips.com

renes2

Hey, its a nice shoutbox, but it wont work for me <.<

When i "Shout", my message wont appear, or when i will look into history, i get a White page....

I installed per Manager, and copied the "yshout" ordner manually into my Forums Root.

My version is SMF 2.0.1, pls help ..

Advertisement: