News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pongsak

smf 1.1.2 with dilbermc themes.
> 50 mods installed.

nneonneo

Ah, sorry, I forgot about that (thanks for the reminder).

I will fix it by adding a call to ssi_logOnline.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

brianjw

Quote from: nneonneo on August 21, 2007, 06:27:09 PM
@feqty: Thanks for letting me know.

@brianjw: Have you tried #yshout {
    font-size: 10px;
    width: 208px;
}

?
I am not a CSS expert, but this *should* work.
It made it fit in the block as it should except the admin links at the top like history etc are being cut off and they dont go to the next line. I just don't see half of the links. Can I make them continue to the next line?
Just a question... Where would I place the shoutbox code in the index.template.php if I wanted it under the menu but above forum posts and tinyportal blocks and above boards etc?

nneonneo

@brianjw: Odd, it appears to be a CSS bug of some sort. I will visit your site later today and see what I can do :)

[announce]Version 1.09 released.

Two options, "$maxShoutChars" and "$maxUsernameChars" have been added to control shout and username length, respectively. Username length control doesn't work on registered users, only on guests.

Addition of a maintenance/lock mode option to prevent posting to the shoutbox by anyone but admins/mods. This can be used to post frequently-changing announcements (without having to edit news) or to make changes to the forum/shoutbox without interference.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

brianjw

OK, well I am going to install your 1.09 version of the shoutbox sometime later today as well. You have a registered account on my site so you can login and everything there etc. ;)

Thanks,
If you need me to give you administrator access let me know.

Pikkeltje

I've installed this mod and everything went OK. On one moment the SB was gone, only the words Shout Box. I've delete the mod en installed them again. In the themes it's OK, but in de standaard theme the SB isn't working, I can only see the words Shout Box.

Can anybody help me? Thanks.

nneonneo

@brianjw: Easy fix: instead of   between the commands, use a regular space (" "). nbsp stands for non-breaking space: i.e. a space that won't break when the width is insufficient.

@Puka: not sure what the problem is; I might have a bug in 1.09. Have you checked server error logs?
spammers here!

Pikkeltje

Hi,

I get this error in the log:

QuoteMKPortal is missing!! Urlobox requires MKPortal to function. Check http://www.mkportal.it

I tried to install with the portal on, now there's one different thing. The SB said : Shoutbox is loading

nneonneo

Try visiting /path/to/forum/yshout/yshout.php and see what comes up.

The error code (if anything) should tell you what the problem is.

If it says "Nothing to do", then the JavaScript is not correctly installed; if it's blank, you don't have the modifications.<language>.php edited; if it throws some kind of error (406, 403, 500, etc.) then it is failing to execute for some reason.

If you still can't figure out the problem, send me the link to your forum and I will take a look :)
spammers here!

popabawa

Hi, I've browsed through this thread but I can't find the answer so I'd be really grateful for some help!

I've had 1.05 installed on SMF 1.1.3 for quite a while with no problems, over the last couple of days a problem has developed where shouts randomly disappear, both from the shoutbox and the history, it's then OK for a few hours. Very odd. The rest of SMF is working perfectly and I haven't changed anything.

I tried deleting the history but that had no effect.

So, I thought I'd upgrade to the latest version. However, I can't uninstall 1.05, package manager tells me "it has no uninstaller". I guess I'm going to have to uninstall it manually but have no idea how to go about it...

I don't suppose it's OK to just install the new version over the old one is it (he says hopefully)?

Thanks, Pops

livedown

nneo i love ur shoutbox man, its awesome!!! the only thing i want to tweak on my server is that the inactive interval... its currently set to stop refreshing after 15 minutes of inactivity. But, i want it to change it to like 5 minutes or something. Please tell me where i should edit to make that change. Thanks!!!

nneonneo

@popabawa: Odd, this is very strange behaviour. Do the entire lines vanish, or are fragments of HTML still present? If it is the latter, then it could be corruption; the former may be the result of tampering.

1.05 was built when SMF 1.1.1 was the newest version. Because of this, it only uninstalls on 1.1.1.

Attached is a modified package with the uninstaller extended to include 1.1.3. Delete the existing package (don't uninstall), upload this one and then uninstall the mod (a safer way to do this would be to FTP it directly to Packages/ replacing the existing file).

Manual uninstallation of 1.05 basically consists of removing each block of code between "// YSHOUT HERE" to "// YSHOUT END" (3 blocks total) in Themes/default/index.template.php.

@www.livedown.us: My shoutbox has no inactive interval. You are probably not using my shoutbox.
spammers here!

brianjw

Nneonneo, that seems to have worked. Thanks :)

Also, I am going to use the smiley code too. How can I make it so guests cannot see the smileys also because it looks weird showing smileys but no shoutbox ;)

The /lock   /unlock code I am not sure works. I cannot test it my self though (I think). Do I have to log out after locking the shoutbox to see the message and stuff?

livedown

Hey nneo,
               Is it possible to implement that thing in your shoutbox? i know that interval thing i thought it was on your shoutbox (But i am using your shoutbox xD). Can u on your next release please implement a check so after a user is inactive for like 5 or 10 mins it stops refreshing and says (Are you still there? please click here!) or something like that. It would save a lot of refreshing for big forums and others alike. THanks!

nneonneo

@brianjw: You can hide it from guests by wrapping "if($user['is_logged'])" around the code in index.template.php.

Instead of
Quote from: pongsak on August 18, 2007, 11:10:08 PM4. Search after in index.template.php or boardindex.template.php depend on where u put shout box.

<div style="padding: 1ex 25px 1ex 25px;"id="yshout"', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '>' : ' style="display: none;">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /></div>

add

<div class="smalltext" style="padding-left:25px;"><a href="javascript:collapse1.slidedown()">Open Smiley</a> | <a href="javascript:collapse1.slideup()">Close</a>';
require('mymod/smiley.php');
loadSmileys();
echo '
<div id="smiley_pic">';
printSmileys('shout_form','shout_text');
echo '
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
//Syntax: var uniquevar=new animatedcollapse("DIV_id", animatetime_milisec, enablepersist(true/fase), [initialstate] )
var collapse1=new animatedcollapse("smiley_pic", 1000, false)
</script>
</div>
use
Quote4. Search after in index.template.php or boardindex.template.php depend on where u put shout box.

<div style="padding: 1ex 25px 1ex 25px;"id="yshout"', empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '>' : ' style="display: none;">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /></div>

add

';
if($user['is_logged']) {
echo '<div class="smalltext" style="padding-left:25px;"><a href="javascript:collapse1.slidedown()">Open Smiley</a> | <a href="javascript:collapse1.slideup()">Close</a>';
require('mymod/smiley.php');
loadSmileys();
echo '
<div id="smiley_pic">';
printSmileys('shout_form','shout_text');
echo '
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
//Syntax: var uniquevar=new animatedcollapse("DIV_id", animatetime_milisec, enablepersist(true/fase), [initialstate] )
var collapse1=new animatedcollapse("smiley_pic", 1000, false)
</script>
</div>';
}
echo '

/lock and /unlock work AFAIK, but if you are an admin or mod you will not see the changes. In other words -- you need to have a regular user account or guest to test this feature. Once you lock the shoutbox, any users currently viewing the shoutbox will see no change, but all posts they make will fail. As soon as the shoutbox is reloaded (click new page, refresh whole page, etc.) they will see the locked message.

@www.livedown.us: Simple to implement.
In yshout/js/yshout.js:
Near the top somewhere add
var inactivePeriod = 600; // in seconds, 600s = 10 minutes

var lastActiveTime;

After function startRefresh()
{

add
lastActiveTime = (new Date()).getTime() / 1000; // do in seconds

After set_cookie("yShout_open","true",3/*seconds*/);
add
if (((new Date()).getTime() / 1000) - lastActiveTime >= inactivePeriod && refreshSet)
{
$("shouts").innerHTML += '<p><b>Refreshing stopped due to inactivity; click <a href="javascript:loadChat()">here</a> to resume refreshing.</b></p>';
refreshSet = false;
return;
}

As you can see, this feature is purely controlled by JS and requires no special help from the PHP script. The inactive timer resets when the user shouts (or otherwise interacts with the shoutbox, such as clicking the Commands link), or if the shoutbox is reloaded (which occurs on a page refresh, or upon clicking the resume-refresh link).
spammers here!

whitedove1

How can I give the moderators option to bann and delete posts  in the shout box?  This might have already been answered and I over looked it.

nneonneo

It has been answered before:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg879855;topicseen#msg879855 (a long time ago, I don't blame you for not being able to find it :) )
spammers here!

whitedove1

whitedove1

Quote from: nneonneo on August 25, 2007, 12:04:01 AM
It has been answered before:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg879855;topicseen#msg879855 (a long time ago, I don't blame you for not being able to find it :) )
I'm a newbie at this and I can't seem to find any of that to put that option in. Is there any way to explain it any better?  Sorry. I'm using the DarkSter theme.

nneonneo

Eh? The code goes in the file /path/to/forum/yshout/yshout.php, not any specific theme file.

Find the line
$user=ssi_welcome('nothing'); // ssi_welcome only does something IF the parameter is 'echo'; otherwise the user data is returned!
and add after that
if (loadMemberData(Array($user['id']),false,'minimal')!==false)
{
$group=$user_profile[$user['id']]['ID_GROUP'];
if(in_array($group,array(2,3)))
{
$user['is_mod']=1;
}
}

replacing 2,3 with the IDs of moderators (usually 2 is Global Mod, 3 is Moderator) (code has been slightly updated).
spammers here!

Advertisement: