News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infonlinebr

@nneonneo: acess www.annbr.com/bforum/ [nofollow] click in "Historico" this page open in new page, it would not have to open under?

nneonneo

@infonlinebr: That behaviour (opening a new window for history) is by design: history can get very large and is not suited for viewing in a small window.
@brelwit: the shoutbox should do that for any logged in user. If it doesn't, then there is a bug (oh no!)
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

infonlinebr

@nneonneo: more it would have as to open in the small window? I adjusted a "overflow: hidden" to limit a certain height.

nneonneo

Yes, much more; history on my server is several thousand lines, only 200 of which are displayed in the history.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

infonlinebr

Then as I can make to open under and not in a new window?

nneonneo

Modify the goTo function in yshout/js/yshout.js to your liking.
spammers here!

infonlinebr

this is problem

dumb
function goTo(args) {
   document.location=yshout_php+'?'+args;
}

to ??

hostman

Hi Guy I have problem in this picture

Shoutbox display tex loading..... but it not work ..

I use Orange LT-07 theme in attachmaent are my index.template.php  plzzz help me ...

DoA

help! This mod is great, but it dissapears as soon as I log in with an admin account - meaning I can't shout or admin in my own shoutbox!

It works perfectly fine for guests and standard users. what am I doing wrong?

I'm using 1.1.2 and helios-multi template

mitch2k

I just received an email from my ISP that this yshout.php is causing PHP abuse... Anyone an idea what is wrong?

PipeRain

Got it up and running on one of the forums I administer and it works great.  I added brianjw's "Guest Mod" listed on page 26, and it works well also.

brianjw

Quote from: PipeRain on May 24, 2007, 02:59:20 PM
Got it up and running on one of the forums I administer and it works great.  I added brianjw's "Guest Mod" listed on page 26, and it works well also.
It's not really mine, I just pm'd nneonneo for a little personal customization help and I asked how to do that. It's nneonneos just an open source posted by me ;)

nneonneo

@infonlinebr: I don't really understand what you want...you can simply change it to do the desired action.
@hostman: This problem can be caused by a variety of reasons; check your server error log for some details, and if there's nothing pertaining to yshout there, post your forum URL.
@DoA: very strange. I have not encountered this issue before, it may be due to some theme quirk (also ensure that you are using a theme with the SB installed)
@mitch2k: turn up the refresh delay (in yshout/js/yshout.js change the refreshTime parameter to something higher; it's measured in milliseconds) -- it will produce fewer requests that way.
@PipeRain: glad to hear it!
spammers here!

brianjw

* Brianjw wonders where nneonneo has been all this time.
nneonneo, you have done a great job with this shoutbox. It is fully customizable and with all its features it makes a great shoutbox. :)

kissme

Hello i have smf 1.1.2 and i put the new version of shoutbox but i get blank space and i dont see the shoutbox... anyproblem?

JSizzal

hi nneonneo member me, thanks for helping me out with my other themes.. I have two more if you can help me, idk why the shoutbox wont fit right

the themes are

smf aqua
corp

ive sent the two index.templates along with the site.!! Thanks

hostman

Hi nneonneo I try check my server error log but there's nothing problem.

This is my url  hxxp:hydrobrain.geo-mobile.com [nonactive]

User : testtest

Pass : 00000

Sorry I'm bad in English. T_T

Thanks

brianjw

Quote from: hostman on May 29, 2007, 12:02:36 PM
Hi nneonneo I try check my server error log but there's nothing problem.

This is my url  http://hydrobrain.geo-mobile.com

User : testtest

Pass : 00000

Sorry I'm bad in English. T_T

Thanks

I can probably help you out with this. Since I asked nneonneo a little while back I kind of learned how to fix this.

Can you attach the following files:
- index.template.php (the theme you want the shoutbox to appear on)
- Modifications.english.php (default theme language folder)

From there I can attach a new version of each file and we'll see if that works ;)

PipeRain

Quote from: brianjw on May 24, 2007, 07:04:30 PM
Quote from: PipeRain on May 24, 2007, 02:59:20 PM
It's not really mine, I just pm'd nneonneo for a little personal customization help and I asked how to do that. It's nneonneos just an open source posted by me ;)

Well, in any case, it did the trick, and I appreciate your posting what worked for you.  Too often folks only hear the gripes, so I figure a "+1" now and again can't hurt!  ;)

Quote from: nneonneo on May 26, 2007, 08:06:55 PM
@PipeRain: glad to hear it!

Thanks again for a great mod! :D

nneonneo

@hostman: you don't have the shoutbox installed...I can't find any of the usual files pertaining to it (e.g. http://hydrobrain.geo-mobile.com/smf/yshout/ does not exist, and none of the files are there). Did you simply copy the code into index.template.php, without installing the package through package manager first?
@kissme: are you using a different theme from default? Please check the web server error log, and failing that, give me a URL to the forum.
@JSizzal: I'm looking into it, thanks.
spammers here!

Advertisement: