News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hostman

Quote from: brianjw on May 29, 2007, 06:33:48 PM
Quote from: hostman on May 29, 2007, 12:02:36 PM
Hi nneonneo I try check my server error log but there's nothing problem.

This is my url  hxxp:hydrobrain.geo-mobile.com [nonactive]

User : testtest

Pass : 00000

Sorry I'm bad in English. T_T

Thanks

I can probably help you out with this. Since I asked nneonneo a little while back I kind of learned how to fix this.

Can you attach the following files:
- index.template.php (the theme you want the shoutbox to appear on)
- Modifications.english.php (default theme language folder)

From there I can attach a new version of each file and we'll see if that works ;)

Thank Guy for help me This is my
- index.template.php
- Modifications.english.php

hostman

Hi nneonneo  :D for easiness in the problem editing ,  I try uninstall Mod and reinstall it again I found in this pic  .yshout have a problem? when I check file .yshout in my ftp not found.  :'( This problem?

nneonneo

the folder is called "yshout".
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

brianjw

@hostman: It looks like nneonneo got you taken care of so I think I'll let him step in. He knows it all, hes the creator. BOW DOWN TO HIM lol :P

mwmconsulting

Hey nneonneo.  Great mod!  Thx for making it available to us.

However, I'm having a new issue with it.  I just purchased FlashChat and installed it on my server.  I was using this FlashChat Integration mod to integrate it into my SMF forum:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=611

However, as soon as I installed the FlashChat Integration mod, my shout box stopped working.  It just sits there with the "...loading shoutbox..." message.

Any ideas why this might have happened?

I'm using version 1.05 of your shout box mod.

Cheers!

- MWM
========================
MWM Consulting, Inc.
InSiteful Business Solutions
http://www.mwmconsulting.biz
========================

brianjw

@mwmconsulting:
1. You should upgrade your shoutbox to 1.06 because there have been bugfixes since the last version.

Modules can effect other modules. I suggest you open up your Modifications.english.php (whatever language) and see if the nneonneo code is there. Than use the new method of the shoutbox appearing. Does your website have the code in the index.template.php.

Also post your SMF forum link here. I searched your website in your sig and didn't see any connection to a forum there.

:)

nneonneo

@mwmconsulting: Basically what brian said [thankyou ;)] -- though I might add that a forum link and a valid testing account (or open registration) would help greatly.

Unfortunately, I've seen at least 5 different reasons for loading failure, complicated by the fact that almost nobody (relatively speaking) has any sort of Javascript debugging support, so it's basically up to me to go to the website and diagnose it (but don't worry, it is usually pretty easy and fast for me ;) )

If you post a forum link, I'll do my best to get it sorted out.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

mwmconsulting

Ok.  Thx for the prompt replies.  The dev forum is http://dev.ultitalk.com.

Currently, I have nneonneo's Shout Box v1.06 installed (I just did this tonight), as well as, the FlashChat Integration I mentioned earlier.  Seems there is still a conflict even w/ v1.06 and the FlashChat Integration mod.

Feel free to create a test account on the system.

You'll see when you visit the forum that the Shout Box never loads.

Cheers!

- MWM
========================
MWM Consulting, Inc.
========================

nneonneo

When I go to the page http://www.ultitalk.com/smf_dev/yshout/yshout.php I get a 500 "Internal Server Error", indicating that the script is failing somehow to run. This may have to do with FlashChat.

EDIT: I looked at the code for FlashChat integration, and it does modify the SSI.php file. Since yshout calls that script (but does not modify it) it is possible that the modification to SSI is not compatible or somehow breaks SSI functionality (I use SSI to access SMF, since it is slightly simpler for me to do). Please check the web server error log for some things regarding SSI or yshout.
spammers here!

Daggers

I run both the Shoutbox and the Flashchat integration on one of my sites without any problems  :o

mwmconsulting

QuoteI run both the Shoutbox and the Flashchat integration on one of my sites without any problems

What is your site Daggers?  What versions of each mod are you using?  Did you do anything special to make them user friendly?  What order did you install the mods?

Cheers.

- MWM
========================
MWM Consulting, Inc.
========================

mwmconsulting

Hmmmmmm....  Seems I've found the problem, but not sure why it's an issue.

The FlashChat mod adds some code to the Sources/Subs.php file.  The line of code (on line 3175 for me) that is causing yshout to fail is this:

$result = db_query("
SELECT
fc.userid, fc.state, fc.color, fc.lang, fc.roomid,
fr.name AS roomName, fr.ispublic,
mem.realName, mem.memberName, mem.showOnline, mg.onlineColor,
mg.ID_GROUP, mg.groupName
FROM {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}connections AS fc
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}members AS mem ON (mem.ID_MEMBER = fc.userid)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}membergroups AS mg ON (mg.ID_GROUP = IF(mem.ID_GROUP = 0, mem.ID_POST_GROUP, mem.ID_GROUP))
LEFT JOIN {$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db']['pref']}rooms AS fr ON (fc.roomid = fr.id)
WHERE fc.userid IS NOT NULL
AND mem.ID_MEMBER != 0
ORDER BY mem.realName ASC", __FILE__, __LINE__);

This bit of code is obviously attempting to query the database, using the db_query function already defined in the Subs.php file.  As soon as the db_query function attempts to return the db resource (line 329) ........ BZZZZZ .......  500 error.

Not sure why yshout has a problem with some other code querying the DB.   ???

Any ideas?

- MWM
========================
MWM Consulting, Inc.
========================

brianjw

I just visited your website mwmconsulting, and the shoutbox is working great. I even tested it ;)

mwmconsulting

Yep...but I had to comment out the code I mentioned in my previous post.  That code is responsible for showing who is currently in the chatroom, as well as, the number of people in the chatroom (displayed next to the CHAT button in the navigation bar).

The chat works fine, but hopefully nneonneo will be able to figure out why the yshout mod fails when querying the DB.

- MWM
========================
MWM Consulting, Inc.
========================

nneonneo

Have you checked the web server error log? SSI.php errors will not appear in the forum error log -- it's because SSI doesn't set up the SMF error logger.

Tell me what you find; the answer is in that log (I'm sure of it :) )
spammers here!

Daggers

Quote from: mwmconsulting on May 31, 2007, 06:40:00 PM
QuoteI run both the Shoutbox and the Flashchat integration on one of my sites without any problems

What is your site Daggers?  What versions of each mod are you using?  Did you do anything special to make them user friendly?  What order did you install the mods?

Cheers.

- MWM

Unfortunately I cannot give out the web address as I am the webmaster not the owner and it is a strictly members only site so guests cannot use the shoutbox or flashchat.

Flashchat v0.1beta
Shoutbox v1.05 (it aint broke so dont fix it!!)

I installed the shoutbox first and then the flashchat running within the Dilber mc theme on SMF 1.1.2

All works great

mwmconsulting

QuoteHave you checked the web server error log? SSI.php errors will not appear in the forum error log -- it's because SSI doesn't set up the SMF error logger.

Here is the error in the web server error log:

Quote[Sat Jun 2 02:45:27 2007] [error] [client 203.214.74.94] Premature end of script headers: /home/ultitalk/public_html/yshout/yshout.php

But, as I said earlier, the error is w/ yshout having difficulties with code that queries the database.  That is the conflict.

:( ???
========================
MWM Consulting, Inc.
========================

nneonneo

Yes, I realize that, but there are many other queries running from SSI.php. What's bizarre is why just this one fails...

By the way, it looks as if you haven't provided enough of the log. The final error there is a message which amounts to "the script didn't finish processing the HTTP headers" (in this case, the script failed to finish executing). Are there errors before that?
spammers here!

mwmconsulting

No other errors in the apache error log.

BUT, there is an error in the SUEXEC Error_Log that occurs at the very same time as the apache "premature end of headers" error:

QuoteSUEXEC error_log: [2007-06-02 10:35:09]: info: (target/actual) uid: (ultitalk/ultitalk) gid: (ultitalk/ultitalk) cmd: yshout.php

I googled this error and found this page that seems relevant:

http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/10825_1126991_7

Altho I'm still at a loss.

But no other errors to report aside from that.

???
========================
MWM Consulting, Inc.
========================

ekfaysal

i cant see it working
i installed but it only says loading on my forum
nothing happened
what is this

Advertisement: