nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Septimus

Hey great mod :D

I downloaded this one: AdvSB_1.20.zip
It installed fine, I had to do some manual stuff for my theme, but it went okay. My issue is that it doesnt look like the screenshot. I wanted the advanced one, but I want it to look like the one in the screenshot  :(.

Today at 08:36 PM
del ban Septimus: test

I want it to be just one line, with no horizontal rule...can I do that?

nneonneo

SB_1.20.zip is the one you want.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

memyselfandI

Hello, I've looked through this thread for about an hour now trying to read everything and I did a search but came up with only bits and pieces of half the codes. Would it be at all possible for someone to help me with a couple things.
1. Adding smileys
2. a visible box around the shoutbox
3. alternating color text

Thanks to anyone who can help.

nneonneo

1. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1388091#msg1388091
2. index.template.php or yshout.css: add "border: 1px solid black;" or something like that to #yshout block
3. Do you mean have alternating shouts have a different color? There's a way using CSS, but unfortunately not all browsers have support (I mean something like #shouts:nth-child(even)/(odd)).
The way you will have to do it is to edit yshout.php.
Below
$chatText=preg_replace_callback("/<timeval=(\d+)>/","preg_timeformat",$chatText);
add
$chatArr=explode("\n", $chatText);
foreach($chatArr as $n => $shout)
{
if($n%2 == 0)
$chatArr[$n]='<div style="color:#abc">'.$shout.'</div>';
else
$chatArr[$n]='<div style="color:#123">'.$shout.'</div>';
}
$chatText=implode("\n", $chatArr);

where the styles are set as you see fit.
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

assam_siddibapa

Quote from: optimushunk on July 31, 2008, 02:29:37 PM
Quote from: assam_siddibapa on July 31, 2008, 12:31:40 PM
Quote from: optimushunk on July 31, 2008, 12:14:17 PM
ow srry, i missed one code so had some problem... thanks for this.

I dont find the code u are asking me to search for .... and i didnt add any code in the index .. as i want the shout box in the catogary...

Hey optimshunk can u say me what did u do ???

Yes sure.

In your theme index.template.php where you have installed the shoutbox

Find:-

global $txt,$context,$boarddir;
if(allowedTo('yshout_view'))
{
echo '<b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />';
echo '<div id="yshout">';
include_once($boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php');
echo '</div>';
}
elseif($context['user']['is_guest'])
echo $txt['yshout_no_guests'];

Add before:-
echo '<div class="tborder" ', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? 'style="width: 100%;"' : '', '>
   <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" class="gridlineColor">
      <tr>
         <td class="titlebg">Shoutbox</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
         <td class="windowbg">';

Add after the code which i asked you to find:-
echo '</td></tr></table></div>';

Opps sorry the question went inside

I dont find the code u are asking me to search for .... and i didnt add any code in the index .. as i want the shout box in the catogary...

Hey optimshunk can u say me what did u do

Rafferty

" author=nneonneo link=topic=137508.msg1639419#msg1639419 date=1217516241
@Rafferty: It's a known problem with 1.20. I've got a fix in 1.21, and will likely release that later this week. "

Any news on 1.21 nneoneo re profile User Action ??

Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

memyselfandI

Quote from: nneonneo on August 01, 2008, 11:58:49 PM
1. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=137508.msg1388091#msg1388091
2. index.template.php or yshout.css: add "border: 1px solid black;" or something like that to #yshout block
3. Do you mean have alternating shouts have a different color? There's a way using CSS, but unfortunately not all browsers have support (I mean something like #shouts:nth-child(even)/(odd)).
The way you will have to do it is to edit yshout.php.
Below
$chatText=preg_replace_callback("/<timeval=(\d+)>/","preg_timeformat",$chatText);
add
$chatArr=explode("\n", $chatText);
foreach($chatArr as $n => $shout)
{
if($n%2 == 0)
$chatArr[$n]='<div style="color:#abc">'.$shout.'</div>';
else
$chatArr[$n]='<div style="color:#123">'.$shout.'</div>';
}
$chatText=implode("\n", $chatArr);

where the styles are set as you see fit.

Thank you soooooo much those all worked like a charm :D

nneonneo

@assam_sidibapa, if you want it to show up *as* a forum, then it is actually very easy.

Just make a new forum, call it Shoutbox or something, and put <div id="yshout">Loading...</div> as the description.

@Rafferty: Testing will start soon.

List of changes:
behaviour, prototype and domFunction have all been obsoleted.
Who's Online and related mods should now work correctly
Postgroup colours are now used if membergroup colours are unavailable
Installation of language files should be better at detecting broken installs
Default colors are no longer set for the CSS, allowing themes to override it
spammers here!

memyselfandI

How about automatic scrolling?

nneonneo

spammers here!

assam_siddibapa

DIdnt work .
I put the
// YSHOUT HERE - shoutbox code
global $txt,$context,$boarddir;
if(allowedTo('yshout_view'))
{
echo '<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />';
echo '<div id="yshout">';
include_once($boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php');
echo '</div>';
}
elseif($context['user']['is_guest'])
echo $txt['yshout_no_guests'];
// YSHOUT END - shoutbox code

In the description .... it show like in the attachment.

Septimus

nneonneo

@assam_sidibapa: Just
<div id="yshout">Loading...</div>
is enough. You also have to have the <head> code installed to the theme.
spammers here!

Rafferty

I know your busy nneonneo & I appreciate your efforts but just one question: the type box in the shoutbox, is there a way to make it wider

nneonneo

#yshout #shout-text width: in CSS (index.template.php or yshout.css)
spammers here!

Rafferty

yes i was afraid of that, i have increased it in the css file but it made no difference

memyselfandI

psynx

hello everyone.

i need help on nneonneo's shoutbox.

i already installed this shoutbox and been using it in my helios theme.
but i have this problem, i have nneonneo's shoutbox installed in my smf 1.1.5 package and want it to appear also in my new WOW DTK theme. i dont know how and what to edit with this current theme im using. the shoutbox just dont appear automatically when i change theme.

thanks to those who'll response to this concern.

a step by step guide on how to make it appear in my wow theme would be greatly appreciated! im noobie about codes, css, html or whatsoever. sorry.

nneonneo

@Rafferty: Is there a CSS block in index.template.php?

@memyselfandI: Wrap the shouts in a <marquee> tag:
in yshout/yshout.php, change both instances of
echo '<div id="shouts">',readChat(),'</div>';
to
echo '<marquee direction="up"><div id="shouts">',readChat(),'</div></marquee>';

@psynx: You'll first need to add the <head> code to that theme (it's always in the same spot in index.template.php), then the shoutbox code. Some people have found it easiest to just make the shoutbox into a forum (by setting the description to <div id="yshout">Loading...</div>) or to put it in the news header (with a news item using the text <div id="yshout">Loading...</div>). If you don't like either of those options, then you need to edit index.template.php and add the shoutbox code in a suitable location.
spammers here!

memyselfandI

I didn't find this on here yet but for some reason only admin can see the shoutbox is there something I need to adjust somewhere?

Advertisement: