News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

Or, you could edit preg_timeformat in yshout/settings.php and drop .'<br />' from the function.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

in order to make the smileys work properly there any way i can do anything rather then chaing the code, i mean change :(  to like -: or something as such...?

Thank you for the centering part... how shall i shift it up, just under the history,commands.... line ?

Nequil

@nneonneo
Quote@Nequil: In yshout/yshout.php, change
writeLine("<p class=\"shout\">$timestamp&nbsp;$adminlinks$text</p>\n",$chatPath);
to
writeLine("<p class=\"shout\">$adminlinks&nbsp;$timestamp&nbsp;$text</p>\n",$chatPath);

ok, but "del" doesn't working.

Stef001

Quote from: nneonneo on August 06, 2008, 11:15:33 AM
Or, you could edit preg_timeformat in yshout/settings.php and drop .'<br />' from the function.

Oke thanks, that works.
SMF 2.0.2 | SimplePortal 2.3.5

SwapsRulez

Quote from: nneonneo on August 06, 2008, 01:49:34 AM
@SwapzRules: It's marked with <head> code, and replaces the existing "first block" of code (JS + CSS)

Thanks, played with some codes. & its fixed now. :)

Thanks sooooo much once again. :)
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

God Of Mana

I'h getting a Test Faild Error in default/index.template.php I tried to go ahead and installed it. The shout box doesn't show up. PS: Im not using the default theme or any that you gave the options for. 

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

@ God Of Mana

Do the manual Edits in the file in which the test has failed. It would then work for the default theme.

Then you can do the manual theme edits in index.template.php for the specific theme which you are using. This should probably make this mod work on your theme.

MissRancher

Where are you setting member_group_color? My users want to have different color names, not dependent on whether they are mods or not.

nneonneo

@Nequil: change
$newFileContents=preg_replace('/<p[^>]*><span class="shout-timestamp" title="'.str_replace('|','\|',$spanTitle).'">.+\n/','',$fileContents);
to
$newFileContents=preg_replace('/<p[^>]*>.*<span class="shout-timestamp" title="'.str_replace('|','\|',$spanTitle).'">.+\n/','',$fileContents);

@MissRancher: The makeShout function, specifically the line
$a_style = ' class="userclass" style="color: '.$user_profile[$user['id']]['member_group_color'].'"';
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

leechingzone

im having troubles with this mod...

im usin anecdota theme and the mod doesnt modify it so i edited php code but the shoutbox doesnt load, i mean it loads but then dissapears and idk what to do

help!

Regards...

nneonneo

@ЯocKayseri: in yshout/yshout.php, find parse_bbc and add a "false" param, so, e.g. it becomes
parse_bbc($text,false);

@leechingzone: Does it work in the default theme? Did you check the <head> code?
spammers here!

riker

Quote from: nneonneo on August 06, 2008, 11:02:44 AM
@riker: 1.20 should install permissions, and they should be visible through the Membergroups->Permissions page (if you don't see them, check your language files)]

1.20 wont install on 1.1.5 or beta 3.1.  All attritutes are set to 777 and I've tried it on two different hosting sites

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:   Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./index.php Test successful
  1. Add Before ./index.php Test successful

2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
  1. Add After ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful
  2. Add After ./Themes/default/index.template.php Test successful

3. Execute Modification languages/english_all.xml Modification parse error
4. Execute Modification - Modification parse error
  1. Add Before - Test successful

5. Execute Modification permissions/install-perms-2.0.xml Modification parse error
6. Execute Modification - Modification parse error
  1. Add Before - Test successful

7. Extract Tree ./yshout

EDIT:  also used the temp folder trick

Nequil

@Nequil: change
$newFileContents=preg_replace('/<p[^>]*><span class="shout-timestamp" title="'.str_replace('|','\|',$spanTitle).'">.+\n/','',$fileContents);
to
$newFileContents=preg_replace('/<p[^>]*>.*<span class="shout-timestamp" title="'.str_replace('|','\|',$spanTitle).'">.+\n/','',$fileContents);

All works :) thanks.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on August 06, 2008, 11:17:46 AM
in order to make the smileys work properly there any way i can do anything rather then chaing the code, i mean change :(  to like -: or something as such...?

Thank you for the centering part... how shall i shift it up, just under the history,commands.... line ?

Anything that can be done ?
Was waiting for the reply but didnt find..

Thanks

God Of Mana

Im not good at edits, can some one do all the edits for index.template.php for me? Pleaseeee...  :P

nneonneo

@riker: Try downloading the package again. I have no idea what would cause the parse error, since I've successfully used the package posted without any problems...

Otherwise, for 1.16, you can just edit yshout/yshout.php and turn off $allowGuests and/or $allowGuestsPost.

@F.L.A.M.E.R: I don't know about the smiley code; as for moving the bar, you can do it but it is not so easy, since it involves editing the init part in yshout.php; it is probably best to avoid doing it (you have to put the div and all relevant code in yshout.php, and since scripts don't execute in dynamically-loaded code, you have to split the script from the code...)

@God Of Mana: Where did you want the shoutbox? The <head> code is already there, it is simply a mater of finding the right place to put the shoutbox code.
spammers here!

leechingzone

Quote from: nneonneo on August 07, 2008, 12:43:39 AM
@ЯocKayseri: in yshout/yshout.php, find parse_bbc and add a "false" param, so, e.g. it becomes
parse_bbc($text,false);

@leechingzone: Does it work in the default theme? Did you check the <head> code?

yes it works perfectly but not on anecdota theme :S

im telling u what i did.. first i installed the mod and worked on default theme but on anecdota theme didnt so i checked this topic and made the changes u posted on first topic and the shoutbox dissapear

btw.... this is a great shoutbox congratulations :D

Regards

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

oh.. why are things so complicated. Alright never mind, If i am really in a need i'll let you know, but most probably that would do, but it would be good if it was been explained and not much edits where to be done. Well, no probs with your sbox on my site at the moment. Thank you for your support.

chunkster

Hi chat is working great now but when I activate custom smileys I get an Fatal error: Call to undefined function: () in /home/chunkst/public_html/arnold/mymod/smiley.php on line 41

God Of Mana

Quote from: nneonneo on August 07, 2008, 12:33:45 PM
@riker: Try downloading the package again. I have no idea what would cause the parse error, since I've successfully used the package posted without any problems...

Otherwise, for 1.16, you can just edit yshout/yshout.php and turn off $allowGuests and/or $allowGuestsPost.

@F.L.A.M.E.R: I don't know about the smiley code; as for moving the bar, you can do it but it is not so easy, since it involves editing the init part in yshout.php; it is probably best to avoid doing it (you have to put the div and all relevant code in yshout.php, and since scripts don't execute in dynamically-loaded code, you have to split the script from the code...)

@God Of Mana: Where did you want the shoutbox? The <head> code is already there, it is simply a mater of finding the right place to put the shoutbox code.

After the news fader on the homepage.

Advertisement: