nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: nneonneo on November 22, 2008, 02:42:34 PM
What is wrong with it? I can see it fine...

on fire fox theres 2 shout input boxes, 1 being below the shoutbox in my banner itself in a bordered rectangle
on IE the boarder from the boarder from the shoutbox is floating below the shoutbox and onto my banner
and both just push my banner down the screen when you send shouts which dont look right

dont know what you was looking at but im seeing something that ent fine compared to the header of my site without the shoutbox on lmao http://bullbreedluverz.com/smftest/index.php

but dont worry bout it, thanx for trying to sort it

nneonneo

@Krandall: Oh, you should do that to the shoutbox code, not the head code. The head code should be untouched.

@bullbreedluverz: I don't know what is wrong, sorry :-\
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

bullbreedluverz

dont worry mate, its my fault for butchering parts of the index.template - like most of the whole header section of the theme lol

Krandall

AWESOME!!!! I GOT IT!!!!!

Thank you SOOOOOOO much!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Krandall

do you have a Paypal? I'd like to send some $$$ for your time.

nneonneo

Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

camfather

camfather

Quote from: waremock on November 21, 2008, 07:28:23 PM
What is the key to make this work on Beta 4?

I let it do the install even though it said it would fail, then deleted the js and chat files in yshout folder, then manually uploaded the js and chat folders from the downloaded zip. Applied the fix to yshout.js, then used the the index.template.php file I got from nneonneo. Worked like a charm.  This worked for AdvSB_1.21 on a fresh new install and on my old upgraged 3.x install.

asmith

I converted my nuke members table to smf, using the smf_1-1-7phpnuke_converter
everything went fine.
except my shoutbox after the page is loaded, changes to "you must be logged in to use the shoutbox".  It is like it counts the logged users as guests, EVEN admin too.

I tried giving all shoutbox permissions to the guest. and it check permissions table, and it was added there. and works for the guests.
I removed guests permissions and give permission to regular members,  again it was added to permission table, but at this point it counts myself and my logged users as guests.

when page is loading it shows the shout ready, but at the moment page is done loading it locks shoutbox and says  ,, sorry only ...  however I can not use the shoutbox at the time page is loading too. pressin gshout just don't do anything.

I tried making gzipcompression to false, but being true or false there , makes no difference either.

Any Idea?

DarkRage64

Hey there,

I'm using your ShoutBox since several weeks and it worked just perfect. Since today I was getting a lot of Server Errors (500). After hours of work, I disabled the ShoutBox and now my SMF seems to work fine again.

The interesting fact is, that nothing has changed over the weekend. I cant localize the problem that causes the error. First I thought the History might be to big (3,5mb), but replacing it with an empty txt-File changed nothing.

I also tried to change several permissions - nothing helped. How should the permissions be set? And are there any other files than the ones in the yshout-Folder, that should be CHMOD-ed?!

We've been really happy with our ShoutBox, so please help us to get it work again :)

pooya

Ahh crap, neon now i know why the shoutbox wasent working cause im runining beta 4 :( snif

Dordt

Hiii nneonneo :)
I have SMF 1.1.7 & TP 0.98
mod SB_1.21

My error -  loading shoutbox...

In center block I have :

// YSHOUT HERE
      echo '

<br /><b>Shout Box</b><br /><br />
                     <div id="yshout">',$txt['yshout_loading'],'<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /></div>
<div class="smalltext" style="padding-left:25px;"><a href="javascript:collapse1.slidedown()">Open Smiley</a> | <a href="javascript:collapse1.slideup()">Close</a>';
                     require('mymod/smiley.php');
                     loadSmileys();
                  echo '
                     <div id="smiley_pic">';
                        printSmileys('shout_form','shout_text');
                  echo '
                     </div>
                     <script type="text/javascript">
                     //Syntax: var uniquevar=new animatedcollapse("DIV_id", animatetime_milisec, enablepersist(true/fase), [initialstate] )
                     var collapse1=new animatedcollapse("smiley_pic", 1000, false)
                     </script>
                  </div>';
      // YSHOUT END

Any idee?

pooya

Hey neon i figured it out.

global $boardurl,$shoutFile;

This part is messing up and calling that fatal error in load.php.

I got every other code of yours running in index.template.php but this messes it up...

So shoutbox apears and all but due to this code not being there it dosent work.

nneonneo

@pooya: Which of those lines is line 153? Also, it works fine with beta 4, but needs proper manual installation, that's all.

@Dordt: Did you put the <head> code in index.template.php?

@asmith: Can you try to clear all the forum cookies and log in again? You might also try emptying the smf_sessions table to force the session data to be reset. I suspect that this has to do with cookies, in any event.

@DarkRage64: Check the server error log (not the forum error log). There's likely to be an entry in there about the shoutbox.
spammers here!

pooya

Ohh i didnt do manual install, did package, just the index.template.php was done manual, anyways. here you go

Line 153    $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '

// Try to load it from the cache first; it'll never get cached if the setting is off.
   if (($modSettings = cache_get_data('modSettings', 90)) == null)
   {
      $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
         SELECT variable, value
         FROM {db_prefix}settings',
         array(
         )
      );
      $modSettings = array();
      if (!$request)
         db_fatal_error();
      while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_row']($request))
         $modSettings[$row[0]] = $row[1];
      $smcFunc['db_free_result']($request);

pooya

Okay brushed through the manual as well, all is fine..
global $boardurl,$shoutFile; ... causing problems.

No other way to call for the shoutfile ? :(

The command and help buttons also does nothing.

Okay $boardurl when added causes the error :( if it keep global $shoutfile; no erros.

nneonneo

What?! That line isn't even really doing anything at all! How can it cause problems?

I'm confused...
spammers here!

asmith

I deleted all rows (make the smf_sessions empty). and cleared any cookie or cache my browser had.
then I logged in with a user, still the same, nothing changed.  :(

Any Idea?

nneonneo

Nope :-\

Maybe I could take a look. PM me an address and an account and I will see what is up.
spammers here!

Dordt

Yes nneonneo I have head code in index.template.php

// YSHOUT HERE - <head> code
   global $boardurl,$shoutFile;
   $shoutFile='home';
   $scripturlparsed = parse_url($scripturl);
   $scriptpath=isset($scripturlparsed['path'])?$scripturlparsed['path']:'/';
   $args='';
   foreach($_GET as $key => $value) // passthrough $_GET
      $args.='&'.urlencode($key).'='.urlencode($value);
   echo '
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/settings.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
   window.onload=function(){loadChat();};
   var shoutFile="',$shoutFile,'";
   var yshout_php="',$scriptpath,'?yshout',$args,'";
   // ]]></script>
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?July062008" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <style type="text/css">
      #yshout {
         font-size: 10px;
         overflow: hidden;
      }
      #yshout #yshout-toollinks { /* tool links (History, Commands, etc.) */
      }
      #yshout #shouts { /* main shouts area */
      }
      #yshout .shout { /* one shout */
         margin: 0 0 0; /* Top Bottom Linespacing */
         line-height: 1;