News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nneonneo

@Casal: edit the font-size line in the index.template.php file

@al_ltoticmat: Try newer <head> code from the main mod page:
   // YSHOUT HERE - <head> code
   global $boardurl,$shoutFile;
   $shoutFile='home';
   $scripturlparsed = parse_url($scripturl);
   $scriptpath=isset($scripturlparsed['path'])?$scripturlparsed['path']:'/';
   $args='';
   foreach($_GET as $key => $value) // passthrough $_GET
      $args.='&'.urlencode($key).'='.urlencode($value);
   echo '
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/settings.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
   window.onload=function(){loadChat();};
   var shoutFile="',$shoutFile,'";
   var yshout_php="',$scriptpath,'?yshout',$args,'";
   // ]]></script>
   <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?July062008" type="text/javascript"></script>
   <style type="text/css">
      #yshout {
         font-size: 10px;
         overflow: hidden;
      }
      #yshout #yshout-toollinks { /* tool links (History, Commands, etc.) */
      }
      #yshout #shouts { /* main shouts area */
      }
      #yshout .shout { /* one shout */
         margin: 0 0 0; /* Top Bottom Linespacing */
         line-height: 1;
      }
      #yshout .shout-timestamp {
         font-style: normal;
         font-weight: normal;
      }
      #yshout .shout-adminlinks { /* del and ban buttons */
         font-size: 6pt;
         color: #141414;
      }
      #yshout #shout-form {
         margin: 0;
         padding: 0;
      }
      #yshout #shout-form fieldset {
         border: none;
      }
      #yshout #forum-name {
         width: 70px;
         margin-right: 5px;
      }
      #yshout #shout-text {
         width: 310px;
         margin-right: 5px;
      }
      #yshout #shout-button {
         width: 55px;
      }
      #yshout .shout-invalid { /* invalid shout (shout textbox) */
         background: #FFFDD1;
      }
   </style>';
   // YSHOUT END - <head> code

This replaces the previous <head> code block.
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

Casal

For nneonneo, ok and thanks very well.
♫♪♫♪

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

After doing the post/topic update edits (for the first one before you edited it mostly, I am not sure)

I get this error:-

2: ob_start() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' cannot be used twice
File: /home2/goldysun/public_html/forum/yshout/yshout.php
Line: 761

Anything that can help ?

defcrash

I have a little "problem", hope someone can help me with this, i installed the shoutbox (a wonderfull shoutbox btw) on my SMF 2.0b4 with PortaMX mod (done that by reading this topic, thanks to everyone that contributed), now, the "problem" is that the "History", "Commands" and the "ExtendedHistory" links are opening in another page, well, it opens on the same page, but on a "blank" page, it dosen't show up on the shoutbox itself.  :( 

I've put the

// YSHOUT HERE - shoutbox code
   global $txt,$context,$boarddir;
   if(allowedTo('yshout_view'))
   {
      echo '<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />';
      echo '<div id="yshout">';
      include_once($boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php');
      echo '</div>';
   }
   elseif($context['user']['is_guest'])
      echo $txt['yshout_no_guests'];
   // YSHOUT END - shoutbox code

on a php box, maybe that's the problem, i don't know! :-[

Thanks in advance!

[EDIT] Just tested on the default SMF theme, removed the php box and its the same thing!  :-\ [/EDIT]

nneonneo

@F.L.A.M.E.R: turn off $gzipCompression

@defcrash: Check the goTo function in yshout/js/yshout.js. It should look like this:
function goTo(args) {
if(request) request.abort();
document.location=getURL(args);
}
Check out the AJAX Shoutbox (my one and only mod to date :P)
Do you like SMF? Are you using ProBoards, InvisionFree, ActiveBoards or some other web-hosted forum? I can help you convert to SMF (without having to purchase a DB conversion)...contact me [nneonneo {at} gmail *dot* com], and see this topic
spammers here!

al_ltoticmat

Thank u for answering but it still happens the same.

I think I can't install any mod because I install other mods but it doesn't appear.

But there are in the package menu and I've installed it.

defcrash

Quote from: nneonneo on December 20, 2008, 01:09:37 AM
@defcrash: Check the goTo function in yshout/js/yshout.js. It should look like this:
function goTo(args) {
if(request) request.abort();
document.location=getURL(args);
}

nneonneo thanks for the reply, my goTo function its exactly what you typed, any other idea? :(

Casal

Good nights me another doubt has arisen, since I can increase the size of the letter when I see the record of the chat.

Thanks in advanced.-

En Español: Buenas noches me ha surgido otra duda,como puedo aumentar el tamaño de la letra cuando veo el historial del chat
♫♪♫♪

DareDevil1990

hi there how do i decide which smilie should be shown in then smiley drop down and which should not be shown ???

helio l lopes

Hi

I'm facing here a little problem with the nneonneo's Shoutbox.

I tested it, and 2 persons can be chatting! The question here is that I get almost every time (...like every 2 sentences) Php Error messages. So, we can send the message but most of times we gotta be writing again the message when the Php Error is being displayed.

Its neither practical or visually attractive to see those Errors and to have the need of typing for the second time the same message.

Does anyone knows what are this errors about?

I have a feeling that it might be also because the server is too slow (I'm at a free web hosting), but I don't know if it has any connection to it.

Well, I think i have done everything right, but maybe some think might be missing to avoid this erros.

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Greetings,

Helio

..........................THIS ARE THE ERROS..................................................................

"PHP Error Message

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/a2512036/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 321

Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/a2512036/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 123

Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/a2512036/public_html/forum/Sources/Errors.php on line 124

Free Web Hosting"

savek

Is there a way to have option to minimize this shoutbox?

[unplugged]

The advanced shoutbox has the minimize ability. It can be done for the regular shoutbox as well. I just used the upshrink code from the InfoCenter changing every instance of "InfoCenter" to "ShoutBox" and every instance of "IC" to "SB". I am no coder, but I can follow patterns pretty darned well.  :P
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

DJ OC

I have a theme called backinblack and I would like to use the shoutbox like I have it now on the default theme but when I insert the mod code for the theme to use it it doesnt do it... i need help

savek

SunKing, Could you please suggest me to do that?

Just tell me which files I have to modify and some example code. Thanks.

MothMan

We are running this shoutbox on a 1.1.7 SMF forum, and it seems the permissions aren't linking between the forum and the shoutbox. 

eg.  We've installed the spoiler addon in the forum, and it works.  But when anyone other than an admin tries to post a spoiler in the shoutbox, it returns a "you don't have permission to post spoilers" message.

Any suggestions?

The forum is at www.othersi.com, and as you can see, the shouitbox has been repositioned to the top of the forum, below the header.

jazelle_rae

hello nneonneo how can i add or where can i add smiley bar inside the tp php block

heres the tp code please tell me how or where do i insert the code many thanks in advance ;)

{
      echo '</div>';
   }

allart

Hi, I am having trouble with the shoutbox, after changing my forum host. With firefox, it loads but suddenly disappears, with ie it makes the browser crash (!). This is my forum: hxxp:www.latanadeigoblin.tk [nonactive]

I tried reinstalling the packages, but it didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

DareDevil1990

hi as the admin i am able to see access the sb but when i regestireed as a new memeber i wasnt able to access it site da-legends.info test accountiloveyou:123456789

defcrash

Quote from: MRDJ on December 26, 2008, 12:40:10 AM
hi as the admin i am able to see access the sb but when i regestireed as a new memeber i wasnt able to access it site da-legends.info test accountiloveyou:123456789

MRDJ, by default only the admin can use the shoutbox, you need to change the permissions to the other groups on your forum!

Quote from: nneonneo on December 18, 2008, 03:38:18 PM
@EMOrtal: Membergroups -> Permissions in your admin panel; give the regular members the "View Shoutbox" option.

[EDIT]
Quote from: defcrash on December 19, 2008, 06:28:24 PM
I have a little "problem", hope someone can help me with this, i installed the shoutbox (a wonderfull shoutbox btw) on my SMF 2.0b4 with PortaMX mod (done that by reading this topic, thanks to everyone that contributed), now, the "problem" is that the "History", "Commands" and the "ExtendedHistory" links are opening in another page, well, it opens on the same page, but on a "blank" page, it dosen't show up on the shoutbox itself.  :( 

I've put the

{
      echo '</div>';
   }

on a php box, maybe that's the problem, i don't know! :-[

Thanks in advance!

[EDIT] Just tested on the default SMF theme, removed the php box and its the same thing!  :-\ [/EDIT]

This is driving me crazy... >:( I can't make this open on the shoutbox itself... >:( If i type /help the commands will show up in the shoutbox but for ex. if i click on the "Commands" link it will open in a blank page! When i put the mouse over the "Commands" link i can see it will link to "javascript:goTo('help')", when i click on it, it will open the http://www.mywebsite.com/forum/index.php?yshout&file=home&help! The same thing goes to the "History" and the "ExtendedHistory" links! :-[ [/EDIT]

_Anthony_

Wow, sorry for the off-topic but I didn't know our AdvSB would be such a hit.
Lol, I see it being used on a lot of forums these days...

Advertisement: