News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

nneonneo's Shoutbox

Started by nneonneo, December 26, 2006, 06:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

@hero
You need to add the shoutbox function to the bottom of your themes index.template.php
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

herohenson

Quote from: SunKing on June 24, 2009, 09:29:23 AM
@hero
You need to add the shoutbox function to the bottom of your themes index.template.php

but the error is in load.php

[unplugged]

No, the error is eval'd in Load.php.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

herohenson

how can i fix this? can you tell me step by step? thank you or shoud i edit  my load.php

[unplugged]

Do not mess with the load.php

DELHI_BOY

You said it is affiliate error, so i have to uninstall it first?
And one more thing, i want to change the color of all texts like user shouts, commands,etx, currently it is black. My theme background is also black, so it is not visible clearly. Or tell me how to set white color background of shoutbox?

[unplugged]

@delhi
Just ask in the appropriate mod thread about the affiliates error. As far as changing the text color, that can be controlled by the <style> stuff listed in your header right with the yshout code. Change #yshout #shouts { /* main shouts area */
}
to #yshout #shouts { /* main shouts area */
color:#ffffff;
}

jossanaijr

Hi,
using nneonneo's AJAX ShoutBox for a long time (version 1.11).
Today I asked my host to change PHP to 5 and, after some problems with my sites...., it stop working
Now only the "...loading shoutbox..." is shown  :'(

I use english default theme but I cannot remember how I made some changes to show it in a separate board, bla, bla, bla ...

So... is there a easy way to try to fix it?  Will I have to manually... delete it?  >:(

Any help?

EDIT: SOLVED!  :D
PHP 5 : it does not accept 777 permission.  I changed to 755 and everything is okay now!  ;)

DBO

Quote from: mr_fix_it on June 18, 2009, 04:56:10 PM
i have now got this shoutbox working but i removed the text from the top that says Shout Box but it's now leaving a blank space where the text was.......anyone know how to take out the space please ?

Dave

anyone know how to sort this please ?

viniman

Hello. I am using AdvSB_1.22 for SMF 1.1.9. I thought I installed everything correctly, but I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function allowedto() in /home/public_html/forums/yshout/yshout.php on line 69

And here are lines 62-74 of yshout.php:

62- // Are you banned from reading the shoutbox?
63- if(in_array($ip, $ban_ips_readpost) || in_array($user['username'], $ban_names_readpost) || in_array($user['name'], 
64- $ban_names_readpost))
65- {
66- echo $txt['yshout_banned'];
67- return;
68- }
69- if(allowedTo('yshout_view'))
70- {
71- if(isGuest())
72- echo $txt['yshout_no_guests'];
73- return;
74- }

I have no idea what I should do. Can anyone help me out?

herohenson

is that "allowedTo" or "allowedto" just guessing lol

[unplugged]

I got that error before too, but it seemed to fix itself.

Airborne328

Okay, I have the SB installed, and did so manually.

I have a few errors and questions if I may.

1.   I get this in the shoutbox and it wont go away

QuoteNotice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/testforum/Sources/TPSubs.php on line 181

2. NO smileys option

3. and MOST important, the SB is growing with every shout, making the site Lonnnnnnng.  How do I edit or adjust this.?

4.  Oh and yeah, I DO NOT want it on my Home page, how to remove it from on the home page..?

Thanks in advance for any assistance for this NOOB    :P

ameo

Here's some answers:

For 2) you need to add smileys manually - see link in first post of this topic on how to do it.

For 4) If you don't want it on the home page download Cutom Actions Mod and insert second code in empty field box.
That will make it show on custom page.
antechinus:
QuoteIf you are dying for a solution it may be wise to seek medical attention.
Get some Awesome Smileys for your forum

|±(ಠ_ಠ
)±|

[unplugged]

for 3) find in the css (either in yshout.css or in the head section of index.template.php) #yshout #shouts { and on a new line under that add these two lines:

height:200px; /* whatever height you want */
overflow:auto; /* adds scrollbar - change auto to hidden to hide it */

dubish

Can i have the turkish translation manual, Thanks,

Dubish

Danpotter

please check this and help me..its urgent help pls...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=321359.0

elfugazi

Hey guys.
Today i did move all my forum to a new hosting.
Everything was right, but i have a problem with Shoutbout History.

I CAN'T SEE ALL SHOUTBOX HISTORY!!!!

Always appear this.

Shout Box History
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 40108032) (tried to allocate 16252928 bytes) in /home/techno1n/public_html/yshout/class.tail.php on line 228

This is my forum: http://technoinvite.net

Someone would help me ? what's wrong? :(

Spark753

Quote from: nneonneo on August 19, 2007, 03:39:56 PM
Adding sound:
Get SoundManager2 (http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/ [nofollow])
Place soundmanager2.js in yshout/js
Place soundmanager2.swf in yshout/
Place the desired sound in yshout/ and change the URL below to match (MUST BE MP3!)

Place the following code after
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?July062008" type="text/javascript"></script>
in index.template.php:
<script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/soundmanager2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">soundManager.url="',$boardurl,'/yshout/";
soundManager.debugMode = false;
soundManager.consoleOnly = false;
soundManager.onload = function() {
soundManager.createSound({id:"sound", url:"', $boardurl, '/yshout/sound.mp3", autoPlay:false});
}</script>

(if it does not work, you may have an older soundmanager2, try adding "soundmanager2.swf" after soundManager.url="',$boardurl,'/yshout/)

In yshout/js/yshout.js, after
function shoutDone() {
add
$('shouts').innerHTML = this.transport.responseText;
oldShouts = $('shouts').innerHTML;

(that step is optional, but it stops the sound when you shout, and only sounds when others shout)
Replace
var request;
// This gets called each refresh; it reloads the shoutboxes content.

by

function ltrim(text) {
return text.replace(/^\s*/g,'');
}
var request;
// This gets called each refresh; it reloads the shoutboxes content.
var oldShouts = null;
function doRefresh() {
if (oldShouts != null && ltrim(oldShouts) != ltrim($("shouts").innerHTML))
soundManager.play('sound');
oldShouts = $("shouts").innerHTML;

EDIT: Update for newer Soundmanager version (dated Mar 31 2008)
EDIT2: Complete instructions.
EDIT3: Update for new shoutbox versions (1.20+)

Hey i cant get this to work has it been updated recently? after i do these modifications every time i shout it just directs me to the top of the page. Im running version 1.22 with smf 2-1
"Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back."

Danpotter

i solved problem myself....

Advertisement: